PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Adalius be another player of the dreaded Ex-Ravens FA bust syndrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted on another board. From this, I don't think Thomas left for the most money he could get. He values the chance of winning a Lombardi high up on his priority list.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#1 Today, 08:48 AM
hendersonsplow
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

Thomas Contract Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Peter King

Quote:
The breakdown, according to Management Council documents obtained Sunday night:

• Signing bonus: $12 million in 2007.

• Option bonus: $8 million payable in 2008, applied for cap reasons in equal $2 million increments in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

• Salaries: $900,000 in '07, $900,000 in '08, $1.9 million in '09, $4.9 million in '10 and $5.9 million in '11.

• Workout bonuses: $107,000 annually if he participates in the Patriots' offseason workout program in Foxboro.

• Cap numbers: In succession, beginning this year, $3.4 million, $5.4 million, $6.4 million, $9.4 million, $10.4 million.

That's a cap friendly deal. The last 2 years are up there but by then the cap will be much higher and they'll probably re-structure. If he is ineffective and/or hurt by then it shouldn't be prohibitive to cut him, at least by the last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by hendersonsplow : Today at 09:04 AM.

Hey 64, you may want to clean your head out after reading Bank's regurgitation of Borge's Sun article. Your headed down a really bad path there, not to mention they "gotcha"!! Ha Ha!

Not to rain on the Banks-Hate Parade, but he also adds this to the end of the segment on the Pats:

"Will Thomas be the latest member of that "Whatever-happened-to'' club? The Patriots obviously don't think so, and if I had to put my dollar down one way or another, neither do I."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/04/judgments/index.html

He was doing what any objective writer does, presenting other sides of the story. While I, along with Banks and the majority of Patriot Nation, feel that this signing is a match made in Heaven, and Belichick trumps Ryan when it comes to defensive mastery, there is the faintest possibility that the Ravens D is similar to the Patriots team, that the sum is greater than any of the parts. It isn't out of the question to ask, then, if having all of those playmakers helped Thomas achieve what he has? I don't think so, but you never know.

I have all the confidence, though, that Belichick and Pioli have done their research and know that he is the real deal.

I also, however, think that the Ravens D last season was superior to the Pats. Hopefully the exodus of Thomas will tip the scales in favor of the good guys in '07.

I am confident BB and the FO made the right moves as they almost always do but that 'Ex-Ravens Factor' has me a bit uneasy...I hope Adalius breaks the streak of 'The Factor',He sure looks like he will.

the way i see this, the Thomas move is so bold and so scary to the rest of the league and to the "pundits" that they have to find something to criticize or question it...for my money, we'll be laughing all the way to the Lombardi...

Right, Seymour would suck elsewhere . . ..
Earth to Beklichick Fan: We didn't release Seymour.

No one ever said that no Pats player would ever be abny good elsewhere. It's about players BB chooses to release or let leave that tend not to do well.

To me, this does not include Branch or Givens, whom BB tried hard to keep. It does include AV, whom BB did not.

What generally happens is that BB's policy of releasing players a year too early rather than a year too late gets everyone in a tizzy.

"BB released Milloy, the heart and soul of our defense. How can we replace him?

"BB released WMG, the heart and soul of our defense. How can we replace him?

"BB released Woody, the heart and soul of our OLine. How can we replace him?

"BB released Ted W, the heart and soul of our defense. How can we replace him?

And then the guy has one good year and flops. Some don't even have the good year.

Earth to Beklichick Fan: We didn't release Seymour.

No one ever said that no Pats player would ever be abny good elsewhere. It's about players BB chooses to release or let leave that tend not to do well.
Duh. That was my point. Although the Ravens let Thomas go, it was a money issue not because he's no good. Therefore there's no reason to think he'll struggle elsewhere any more than an Ed Reed or a Richard Seymour would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back