PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Adalius be another player of the dreaded Ex-Ravens FA bust syndrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
SI.com's Don Banks this week had an interesting view of the Ravens from their incredible defense of this decade and looked at ALL of the former Ravens that were very productive in the Ravens system then left as Free Agents and ALL of which ended up as non productive busts and is called the 'Ex-Ravens Factor'.

All previous members of the great team in this early decade have gone on to other teams via FA from the Ravens, and not one player has been anything but below average as Don says including Adalius's ex-teammates 'Hartwell','Sharper','Weaver','Herring','Baxter','Washington','Dalton,'Burnett' and of course the infamous 'Starks' - Pretty much that makes it since 2000 there were 10 well productive FAs leave from Baltimore - 0 played well on other teams.

Another related article from another writer on the same day says Adalius and the Ravens DC worked great together and if he goes to another team it might be hard to duplicate the type of player he was in Baltimore Since he was raised in their specific system and was used in so many versatile ways just like we do.

I am confident BB and the FO made the right moves as they almost always do but that 'Ex-Ravens Factor' has me a bit uneasy...I hope Adalius breaks the streak of 'The Factor',He sure looks like he will.

What about the ex-Patriots factor?

Givens and Branch get another year to decide that if it can be concidered a bad thing..Although Vinatieri ruins your logic-his 4th ring tells me so

I actually think he may be a BETTER fit for BB's system then he was for Baltimore's, but that's just me.

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
Givens and Branch get another year to decide that if it can be concidered a bad thing..Although Vinatieri ruins your logic-his 4th ring tells me so

Yes, but what about Law, Milloy, Andruzzi, Hamilton, et al?

Yes, but what about Law, Milloy, Andruzzi, Hamilton, et al?

Thats true,but that damn Adam ruined the curse!!! - Not to mention that fast bastard Klecko

Thats true,but that damn Adam ruined the curse!!! - Not to mention that fast bastard Klecko

There is no curse. If guys leave the Pats, and go to teams in similar positions to win, they will perform.

My point is that the guys who leave for the $$$$$ don't reach the same level of success, for the most part. Adam is exception that proves the rule.

I don't include guys like Bobby Hamilton or Dan Klecko, who had no spot on the team anymore.

The basic premise is that Ravens players suffer when they go to teams where they have less talented teammates.

Well, I'm not convinced Thomas is doing that.

At full health -- and no firearms allowed -- would you rather face Lewis, Reed, Suggs, et al. or Seymour, Warren, Harrison and Company?

The basic premise is that Ravens players suffer when they go to teams where they have less talented teammates.

Well, I'm not convinced Thomas is doing that.

At full health -- and no firearms allowed -- would you rather face Lewis, Reed, Suggs, et al. or Seymour, Warren, Harrison and Company?
No use trying to put those two defenses in any kind of order. They're both top 5 and lets leave it like that.

Adalius isnt about to play for some ordinary coach. He is going to play for the best coach in the NFL, in a system that is absolutely perfect for him and around players like Seymour, Warren, Vrabel and Colvin.

Its not like the guy isnt athletics. He is a monster with great size and quickness. It may take a little to get new to a complicated system but I am sure he will do just fine and hopefully, great.

Do not see that at all, first of all great organization with great coaching, then surrounded by other outstanding players will only maximize his talent. May not have glaring stats, but overall our d will only be better.. kinda like Seymour, often shows up the box score with low numbers, but didn't last year we set a franchise record for less points allowed? Imagine young qb's facing this D and looking over the line of scrimmage at Thomas, Seymour, Vrabel, Warren, Harrison, Bruschi and Wilfork all close to the line of scrimmage, what will the blocking assignments be? This team is not only better, but more versatile and deeper by this signing.

Here is evidence that Adalius Thomas eats Mannings.
As long as we keep him fed with Mannings he should do fine here.

emanning.jpg

Credit to Kdo5's sig.
ravenfumble.jpg

Last edited:
SI.com's Don Banks this week had an interesting view of the Ravens from their incredible defense of this decade and looked at ALL of the former Ravens that were very productive in the Ravens system then left as Free Agents and ALL of which ended up as non productive busts and is called the 'Ex-Ravens Factor'.

All previous members of the great team in this early decade have gone on to other teams via FA from the Ravens, and not one player has been anything but below average as Don says including Adalius's ex-teammates 'Hartwell','Sharper','Weaver','Herring','Baxter','Washington','Dalton,'Burnett' and of course the infamous 'Starks' - Pretty much that makes it since 2000 there were 10 well productive FAs leave from Baltimore - 0 played well on other teams.

Another related article from another writer on the same day says Adalius and the Ravens DC worked great together and if he goes to another team it might be hard to duplicate the type of player he was in Baltimore Since he was raised in their specific system and was used in so many versatile ways just like we do.

I am confident BB and the FO made the right moves as they almost always do but that 'Ex-Ravens Factor' has me a bit uneasy...I hope Adalius breaks the streak of 'The Factor',He sure looks like he will.

Somebody please explain this ex-Ravens factor? As I posted yesterday, Sam Adams, Rod Woodson, Priest Holmes and Brandon Stokley are all ex-Ravens. Just because Hartwell blew out his knee and Starks sucks does not mean that ex-Ravens are cursed.

To me, this all sounds like a media driven myth to bring the Pats down during a time of glory.

AD Thomas is no Duane Starks. As far as him getting injured,that possibility exists with every NFL player,no matter what team they move to or from. This isn't some borderline tweener we're talking about here,this is a player who's commited,versatile,smart,and focused on doing his job (along with everyone else's job :eek: ).
As someone said,just put a Manning in front of him and he'll get it done (Moe,Larry,THE CHEESE):rofl:
If Thomas can succeed in the Ravens' system I see no reason he can't succeed here.
The only person who can rain on my AD parade is AD himself,and my forecast says clear skies until September:D
At least let him take the field first.

We're doomed, Don Banks said so. **yawwwwn**

Funny how Thomas is considered possibly the best FA prize out there. Then we get him and suddenly there is a Ravens curse.:rolleyes:

I know right.

Funny how Thomas is considered possibly the best FA prize out there. Then we get him and suddenly there is a Ravens curse.:rolleyes:

Isn't that the truth.

Right, Seymour would suck elsewhere . . . just because our ex players have mostly sucked elsewhere doesn't mean the really good ones would and the same goes for the Ravens. Bottom line, if Rex Ryan can figure out how to use Thomas so can Bill Belichick.

You fail to mention that two of those players made the Pro Bowl after leaving Baltimore. Since you didn't bother doing the research, I'll let you figure out who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back