PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey Dillon Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
How did you like the way the Patriots trainer was blocking the cameras from Corey Dillon after the injury. First he waved him off then he impeded his view to Dillon. Classic Pats secrecy at work, for what it's worth it didn't seem like a serious injury.

Yup hopefully it wasnt anything above minor. I dont think I'd feel good without him. he was key today...second week in a row.

I loved that, it was awesome. I'm not sure who the assistant was, but he deserves a pat on the back.

Before the "injury gate" type cover up, Dillon did walk off of the field without any noticeable limp or grimace on his face.

I think he just got the wind knocked out of him.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan said:
Before the "injury gate" type cover up, Dillon did walk off of the field without any noticeable limp or grimace on his face.

The injury is in his shoulder.

I think in the vacinity of the shoulder would be a better guess. I'll bet it was a stinger.

I just slowed down the replay of the play and the sideline camera work and it's Dillon's right shoulder. If you watch the sideline camera just before the coach waved them away, they were working his right shoulder. Hopefully nothing serious.

zippo59 said:
The injury is in his shoulder.

As it seemed to be in the preseason. The media coverup means nothing (besides that BB knows his Sh*t).

Def a shoulder injury as he gestured to it right after going down--my initial thought was a stinger, but who knows. I loved it when they waved the camera away and then when the camera came back they set up the wall:D

Did you see the way the trainer stared down the camera guy. I was scared and I wasn't even there!

I love our team.

Damn though - with a RB like Dillon, his shoulder is almost as important as his legs.

MoLewisrocks said:
I think in the vacinity of the shoulder would be a better guess. I'll bet it was a stinger.

Upper body.
Questionable.

The defender tomahawked Corey's shoulder on the tackle.

Man I hope he is OK for next week. Ordinarily I wouldn't be so worried, but I really want the next game.

The way the Jets tackler landed on Dillon, I'm more worried about Dillon's ankle.

Steve Burton, on Sports Final just said Dillon walked out of the locker room fine and said he thinks it shouldn't be a problem.

I thought he got his bell rung. No evidence, just looked like he got hit on the helmet on replay.

It's nice to see so many people concerned over Dillon's status. Nice change after so many thought he was done :)

My feeling is, as long as his shoulder is still connected to his body, he will play next sunday. It's going to take something major to keep him out of any games, he's a tough bastard.

Also, I don't know about you guys but this was the fastest I've seen him run since over a year. He was hitting holes hard and always falling forward when tackled. Alot like last week but he just looked faster this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back