PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Construction worker appreciation thread

I wish someone made a "The Wire" type series about Ctown, Southie, North End etc back in the day - 70's, 80's and 90's. Honestly I think it would be unbelievable if done right. So many interesting characters and crazy stories to count. I think Howie Carr still talks **** about my family / great grandfather lol.

You say potato, I say potat´o.
Man, I could write a book about all the characters from Southie, Dorchester, JP,Eastie,North End and even a few from your hometown. Probably wouldn't surprise you that the few I knew from Ctown were crazy. Quincy too. A lot of gangsters from Southie etc ended up there and there were a lot of gangland murders in Quincy many by Whitey (Scumbag) Bulger &Assoc. I'm sure you and @patsfanken could also tell some tales. Boston is a colorful town. Or at least it used to be when I was there. Sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way. But colorful nonetheless. Ive been Down South for 30 years but I always consider myself a Bostonian. And a proud one.

Then let me give you proper credit- I thought it was Joker. All I remember is I laughed out loud when I read it

How dare you mix me up with @Joker

He never takes anything seriously. I can't stand his foolish attitude!

Who on PatsFans is a potato farmer?
I dated a girl from Colorado who's father had a potato distribution factory/network worth over $250m 15 years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and I still have to work for a living.

Man, I could write a book about all the characters from Southie, Dorchester, JP,Eastie,North End and even a few from your hometown. Probably wouldn't surprise you that the few I knew from Ctown were crazy. Quincy too. A lot of gangsters from Southie etc ended up there and there were a lot of gangland murders in Quincy many by Whitey (Scumbag) Bulger &Assoc. I'm sure you and @patsfanken could also tell some tales. Boston is a colorful town. Or at least it used to be when I was there. Sometimes in a good way sometimes in a bad way. But colorful nonetheless. Ive been Down South for 30 years but I always consider myself a Bostonian. And a proud one.
Yea there's so much there. Irish and Italian mob. These tiny places producing these larger than life characters. All the other crazy different ethnicities in the pot.

We've had the Whitey movies but there was much more there. Again I think a series Wire style would be cool. Not one main character, kind of revolving door between the different spots and stories.
I dated a girl from Colorado who's father had a potato distribution factory/network worth over $250m 15 years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and I still have to work for a living.
In all seriousness you can make great money in this business if your hard working, flexible and have a little smarts. Could do a lot worse than an electrician, operator, waterproofer making close to or above $60 an hour. Laborers get paid the least, $41 but we'll still make $90-110K if you want to hustle and don't mind working OT and sacrificing in other areas. Most companies and jobs factor in 6 days a week to a project, lots of OT. So it's there a lot of the time if you want it.

Esp if you're a girl or poc. Underrepresented so plenty of opportunities for you if you want and don't mind the work/lifestyle.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back