PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

conspiracy theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If TB or BB were trying to lose on purpose, they could've done a better job than 12-4. The Lions were like 3-13 and they weren't even trying to lose.

So... BB tanked the roster, and TB12 tanked his performance, to diminish the Pats to a 12-4 season.

Do I have that right?

How can we describe that idea?
silly?
stupid?
arrogant?
nonsensical?
spoiled?

Winning NFL games is HARD. 12 win seasons are HARD. Ask fans of the other 31 teams.

So... BB tanked the roster, and TB12 tanked his performance, to diminish the Pats to a 12-4 season.

Do I have that right?

How can we describe that idea?
silly?
stupid?
arrogant?
nonsensical?
spoiled?

Winning NFL games is HARD. 12 win seasons are HARD. Ask fans of the other 31 teams.
With this kind of logic, it feels like Goodell is posting here in disguise as a patsfan.

Where did the story about BB wanting to keep Jimmy come from? I hear it on here on Patsfans.com all the time, but I've never seen a statement from BB himself on the matter and Bill isn't quite the open book with his private feelings.

It's one of the Garoppolites ten commandments.

" Thou shalt believe that Lord Belichick unwillingly cast off his favorite son"

So it is written on the tablets of Mt Katahdin. So shall it be.

Was this before or after Belichick threw Super Bowl 52 because he was so mad at Kraft and Brady?

The mismanagement of the roster this year had nothing to do with pushing Brady out the door. It was a combination of the Pats out Pats-ing themselves in the draft and some bad luck and injuries.

After settling in to the fact that the Pats just couldn't pull things together this year, my son and I were having a "what if" discussion.

Point 1 - As much as we love TB's heart and talent, he had a tough year, whether it was injuries or frustration or lack of talent around him or a combination, we probably will never know. Tom is to classy a guy to really throw anyone under the bus. But at times his throws were horrible, missing wide open receivers, INT's, and just at times seeming to be "going through the motions".

Point 2 - BB's personnel decisions this year could be placed in the category of "WTF" from the fans perspective. But that is what it is, opinions and perspective. We are privy to the insight and intelligence that a head coach has access to.
a. Tight Ends - With Gronk retiring, why in the name of all that is holy would you ship off Hollister. Granted that he isn't a top tier TE, but better than anyone they had on the roster. We probably will never know if there was truly serious discussions for OJ Howard or any other top talent.
b. WR - Seriously, a 2nd for Sanu. Maybe we need to drug test coaches and front office staff. I've watched Sanu since his Cincy days. He is a serviceable WR but definitely not worth a 2nd. Letting Patterson walk after showing that he is a multi-faceted offense/return threat was not a great move either.
c. Trading of Garappolo and Brissett for basically a gift basket from the local flower shop. It's no secret that BB wanted to keep JG.

So to the conspiracy side. Is there some sort of actual rift between Brady and or BB and or Kraft. Did Brady intentionally play sub par as a poke at BB for his lack of adding talent? Did BB screw up the roster to show Brady and / or Kraft that he is the "big dog"? (i.e. JG trade)

interested to hear y'all's thoughts.
Brady would never purposely play bad. Belichick would never purposely coach bad.

Unbelievable that the fan base thinks that Bill is trying to lose on purpose out of spite...:rolleyes:
Any professional who loses on purpose should be fired. Idrc about past resume.

Brady and Belichick would never be that gutless

Brady would never purposely play bad. Belichick would never purposely coach bad.

Baffling isn’t it, that this opinion exists? This is one of the worst posts about it, but there are many others on a near daily basis suggesting Brady or Belichick is doing something out of spite to lose on purpose or not try. These fans do not have the slightest idea of the psychological makeup of the two men they’ve been obsessing over for 20 years.

Belichick tanked the Super Bowl by benching Butler as revenge for being forced to trade JG. Lol...bulletproof argument there. Get them all the way to the SB to destroy his own legacy on the big stage and humiliate himself.

Brady skipped OTAs and is now a terrible person who has changed because he doesn’t sugarcoat it to the press (they have it backwards: he complains because the team has changed, and he HATES losing and HATES failing as the leader of the offense. With this utter sht show, he would have acted the same way when he was 33. It has just never happened; the man was frustrated last year. He wants to win. He’s probably a clinical psychotic freak when it comes to how much losing bothers him.)

Part of this is a super arrogance that the Patriots would be much better than the otherworldly, virtually impossible 20-year clip winning about 77% of their games and would win 100% of they wanted to. Need I say some will not just struggle to adapt at the end of the TB-BB era. They’ll be the whiniest, most entitled fans in the country and will embarrass everyone.

Baffling isn’t it, that this opinion exists? This is one of the worst posts about it, but there are many others on a near daily basis suggesting Brady or Belichick is doing something out of spite to lose on purpose or not try. These fans do not have the slightest idea of the psychological makeup of the two men they’ve been obsessing over for 20 years.

Belichick tanked the Super Bowl by benching Butler as revenge for being forced to trade JG. Lol...bulletproof argument there. Get them all the way to the SB to destroy his own legacy on the big stage and humiliate himself.

Brady skipped OTAs and is now a terrible person who has changed because he doesn’t sugarcoat it to the press (they have it backwards: he complains because the team has changed, and he HATES losing and HATES failing as the leader of the offense. With this utter sht show, he would have acted the same way when he was 33. It has just never happened; the man was frustrated last year. He wants to win. He’s probably a clinical psychotic freak when it comes to how much losing bothers him.)

Part of this is a super arrogance that the Patriots would be much better than the otherworldly, virtually impossible 20-year clip winning about 77% of their games and would win 100% of they wanted to. Need I say some will not just struggle to adapt at the end of the TB-BB era. They’ll be the whiniest, most entitled fans in the country and will embarrass everyone.
Honestly, I find it absurd to claim either Brady or Belichick would EVER throw a game. In the 0000000.1% chance it comes out Brady did purposely play below his average, you need to move on from him. However, neither would do it and for reason you provided. Its not in their DNA. Was never in Gronk's DNA either if I might randomly add.

PatsFans will change a few years into the Bradyless era. No, NE fandom in general. I like our fanbase, but the whiny and entitled portion of our fanbase are so vocal that it brings our image down. Funny enough, those vocal "fans" will be the first to bandwagon a new team.

Unbelievable that the fan base thinks that Bill is trying to lose on purpose out of spite...:rolleyes:

"The fan base"?!

Someone please tell me that this is the thread which triggered the conversation about a need for a "WTF" emoji.

Honestly, I find it absurd to claim either Brady or Belichick would EVER throw a game. In the 0000000.1% chance it comes out Brady did purposely play below his average, you need to move on from him. However, neither would do it and for reason you provided. Its not in their DNA. Was never in Gronk's DNA either if I might randomly add.

PatsFans will change a few years into the Bradyless era. No, NE fandom in general. I like our fanbase, but the whiny and entitled portion of our fanbase are so vocal that it brings our image down. Funny enough, those vocal "fans" will be the first to bandwagon a new team.
January 1st, 2005 is the closest BB has ever come to intentionally losing a game.

I'd use the term, "indifferent" .

Maybe go throw a ball with your son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back