PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connecticut Warning: Patriots preseason Week 4 Game may not air on FOX61

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Connecticut's punishment for being the world's worst left hand land drivers on 95. No passing, and intermittent slamming of the brakes for absolutely zero reason.

I guess you've never driven I-95 in Florida. Take a large number of people who learned how to drive on Caribbean islands and don't seem to know what a lane is, and mix in a lot of elderly drivers who mash on the brakes at random times, and you've got an absolute sh*tstorm when it comes to driving.

I'd say the dividing line might be a bit further west. Bristol seems to be a divided city with slight Boston leanings and Waterbury is a full NYC town. Hartford County always seemed pretty firmly Boston.

We've done this before. The best data we have is for Red Sox vs NYY:

connalt1.png

Ref: Finding the True Border Between Yankee and Red Sox Nation Using Facebook Data

I guess you've never driven I-95 in Florida. Take a large number of people who learned how to drive on Caribbean islands and don't seem to know what a lane is, and mix in a lot of elderly drivers who mash on the brakes at random times, and you've got an absolute sh*tstorm when it comes to driving.

We've done this before. The best data we have is for Red Sox vs NYY:

connalt1.png

Ref: Finding the True Border Between Yankee and Red Sox Nation Using Facebook Data

I remember this, and this is a good map. The largest population centers are mostly in Yankeeland, so it wouldn't be inaccurate to say the majority of CT are Yankee fans, even if the coverage is nearly split.

One thing I've wondered is how the NFL might be different. The Red Sox and Yankees have had comparable degrees of success over the last 20 years, but the Pats have been far more successful than the Giants. I wonder if that skews things for football fandom. It's very easy for a CT resident to change allegiances from the Gints to the Pats ("I'm from New England, ya see?"). I know a couple people who have done it.

??

I thought it was the opposite. CBS gets NFC home games WHEN an AFC team is visiting. Are you sure?

EDIT: I looked it up, and I was right. CBS gets interconference games when the NFC team is at home, vice versa for Fox.

It's easier to just use the rule that AFC away team is CBS and NFC away team is Fox.

My joke was more in reference to the New England only area. There are bad drivers everywhere, Florida and Cali being absolutely disgusting.

Great news, the game will air on FOX61 this Sunday!

What I assume is aided by the Giants being 0-3, the Patriots/Panthers game will air on FOX61 at 1pm instead of the 4:30pm Giants/Bucs game which will not air at all. :cool:

0--3 Giant who are going nowhere vs a rapist or the World Champs. Wow, that's a tough call. Either way, the internet is full of high quality free streams if necessary. Google is your friend.

This is Connecticut's punishment for being the world's worst left hand land drivers on 95. No passing, and intermittent slamming of the brakes for absolutely zero reason.
If you ever want to really gamble with your life, drive the Merritt Parkway, especially at night. It's like a post apocalyptic free for all there.

no WTIC for me in ffld cty - sux - nfl rewind hopefully

Great news, the game will air on FOX61 this Sunday!

What I assume is aided by the Giants being 0-3, the Patriots/Panthers game will air on FOX61 at 1pm instead of the 4:30pm Giants/Bucs game which will not air at all. :cool:
Fantastic news, thank you!

Edit:
no WTIC for me in ffld cty - sux - nfl rewind hopefully

DAMN IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes