PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting every year but for different reasons. In the beginning of the run it was my brother, my buddies and myself having a few beers and high fiving or jumping around like mad men after a super bowl win. Now it's my son, my brother and his sons, my buddies and their sons and myself having a few diet cokes and high fiving or jumping around like mad men after a super bowl win. My son is now 11. That's just mind blowing cool stuff. If Brady keeps freaking going it'll be grandson, my son...........:D

The losses don't bother me as much as before. I'm in "it's all gravy now" mode. Each game is still exciting though.

For me, every game is full of stress, happiness, and dispair at times. I love the team more than anything and I’d bleed blue for them.
The wins are beautiful and the losses are as sour as them eagles are.

We all know this dynasty will not go on for the next twenty years but as long as we have Brady and BB, it’s going to take a lot to beat us and I always feel we have a chance.

Brady and BB are special.

This years draft and next years will define potentially the next 5-10 years.

If he were not Belichick's kid there is literally zero percent chance he would be coaching in the NFL right now.
Possibly but there's no way of knowing if he'll be good or not and move up the ranks. It's possible he's absorbed everything Bill knows and is better, who knows.

Right, but if Ozzie has been absolutely awful for years now, why wouldn't you want an improvement?

He basically drafted Jimmy Smith from 2013 and that LB from the same draft, but other than that, your team has nothing else to show from drafts since 2010.

That's awful.

He put you in cap hell for the irresponsibility of budgeting for Flacco up against the cap in 2012, luckily your team won it all because Kaepernick choked at the goal line on 4 attempts.

How many more chances does he get to understand he's not always going to have Ray Lewis and Ed Reed to build around on that D?

He's had some hits and some misses but because of the fact that we've won the superbowl twice in the last 17 years which may not be a dynasty, it's still more than what most franchises can say, his job is gonna be safe I think. Flaccos contract is a travesty as he isn't playing up to it but after his Superbowl victory, letting him walk instead of giving him the contract he earned would have been second guessed in Baltimore for years. We'll have the option of cutting him in two years which would be minimal financial damage and that's if he doesn't step it up. Either way, I'd like to get a new guy in there learning the ropes.

This guys more of a Patriots fans than half the guys in our game day thread.

Welcome, stay as an "honorary" until the SB, good to have people who appreciate just what we've got here.

These guys are right... we might have seen our last SB win for all we know... but every time we have a shot... doesn't get old.

I should caveat that... in 2001 (2002) there was no way I would be home for the SB, and I thought we had about a 1% chance of winning. Now, well, my wife's sick so that plays into it... but I am okay with being home for it. So there is a touch of "same old same old." But it's not like we're watching "Heidi" on On Demand instead

This guys more of a Patriots fans than half the guys in our game day thread.

Welcome, stay as an "honorary" until the SB, good to have people who appreciate just what we've got here.

These guys are right... we might have seen our last SB win for all we know... but every time we have a shot... doesn't get old.

I should caveat that... in 2001 (2002) there was no way I would be home for the SB, and I thought we had about a 1% chance of winning. Now, well, my wife's sick so that plays into it... but I am okay with being home for it. So there is a touch of "same old same old." But it's not like we're watching "Heidi" on On Demand instead

Haha I've been a Ravens fan for too long to stop but having been in the military, a "Patriot" as I am in the actual sense of the word would have made sense to have been a fan. I also share Belichicks political views.

Good post TS. Speaking for myself it hasn’t gotten old at all. I know what you mean, and there’s no question Boston fans overall have softened after a decade and a half of winning in all 4 sports.....but for the Patriots, were just dancing on graves at this point. What BB and TB have done is unprecedented and mind boggling. In 17 seasons they bested the entire (SB era) franchise histories of almost the entire league. If they win next weekend they will tie Pitt for most SB wins, and with 10 SB appearances we’ll be the most decorated franchise of the SB era....almost all of it accomplished in 17 seasons. I want Brady to break the regular season records and retire h9lding every meaningful record in reg and post season plus all his rings. I feel comfortable saying I’ll die an old man with his records standing.

Also the hate and denial of much of the rest of the fan bases is awesome to behold.

I can empathize with the other NFL fans. Other than the pats, I’ve been supporting Liverpool since the 80s. To watch Manchester United win every year since the 90s was tough. Winning the Champions league in Istanbul was an AMAZING feeling especially being 3-0 down at half time. So I don’t take the Pats’ success for granted especially since 2008 when any freak play could take Brady out.

Likewise I am also a Liverpool fan. They remind me of the Celtics in basketball pre big 3 in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back