PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cohle

On the Roster
Reaction score
From a Ravens fan. Not just for making it this year but since 2001, the Patriots dynasty has to be one of the most dominant runs I've ever seen in sports and it's a lot more impressive doing it in the NFL than in the NBA or MLB where they have a 7 game series and such so one bad game wouldn't be too bad.

I have to ask, does it even still feel exciting? Or is it just another day and nothing new? Hell, a regular season win for me has me giddy for the rest of the day but a trip to the Superbowl and I'm singing all the way to work.

I have to wonder, when the time finally comes that Brady/Belichick finally call it and the Patriots become a regular team again, will it ever feel the same? Maybe Bills son can take over and continue the dynasty but if not, will this dominant standard that may never be met again ruin football a little? Just something I'm curious about because as a Ravens fan, I'd be happy with us accomplishing even just 25% of what your run since 2001 has been.

Also, please beat the Eagles and silence all of those terrible fans again!

From a Ravens fan. Not just for making it this year but since 2001, the Patriots dynasty has to be one of the most dominant runs I've ever seen in sports and it's a lot more impressive doing it in the NFL than in the NBA or MLB where they have a 7 game series and such so one bad game wouldn't be too bad.

I have to ask, does it even still feel exciting? Or is it just another day and nothing new? Hell, a regular season win for me has me giddy for the rest of the day but a trip to the Superbowl and I'm singing all the way to work.

I have to wonder, when the time finally comes that Brady/Belichick finally call it and the Patriots become a regular team again, will it ever feel the same? Maybe Bills son can take over and continue the dynasty but if not, will this dominant standard that may never be met again ruin football a little? Just something I'm curious about because as a Ravens fan, I'd be happy with us accomplishing even just 25% of what your run since 2001 has been.

It never gets old. I have an idea the pats continue winning playoff games even after B.B. and Brady retire

Agreed. Eagles are the worst fans in all of US sports.

I can only tell you how it feels for me and no one else. I will admit the regular season wins are not as exciting as they use to be. The comeback wins are still awesome to watch (like the Houston one we had this year and the Steelers).

But more than being happy for a win i am just miserable when they lose. We all know this team will make the playoffs and we know how important a bye and that #1 seed is (The #1 seed in the past few years seems to always make the super bowl.

Of course there are several regular season games I still get amped up for. Any game with the Ravens, Steelers or other top AFC contender is huge still and never gets old.

The playoffs are still just as good and amazing as are the super bowls. It never gets less exciting and in many ways only has gotten more so.

We know BB/Brady have more games behind than in front of them and it isn't even close. There is an urgency to cash in now.

For instance take this year. They will NEVER have as good a chance to win a super bowl as this year any time in the foreseeable future. If they miss it this year there is a real chance we have have already seen their last super bowl.

losing both coordinators with be a huge loss and is something they couldn't over come in 05 or 06'

I can't pretend to speak for others but every year is 'exciting' in it's own way and other than '01 this season has been as fascinating as any in the Brady/Belichick era. It never gets old with time because it's a new team every year just like there's no game but the next one there's no season but this one until it is over.

That very well could be under Bills son right? I was hoping the Ravens would go after him for defensive coordinator but Harbaugh went and pulled a classic dimwit Harbaugh move.

That’s what I’m hoping. That and get Brady’s son once he is out of college. Another twenty years of that combo

That’s what I’m hoping. That and get Brady’s son once he is out of college. Another twenty years of that combo

That's his eldest son right? I'm thinking he's gonna get the Manning treatment and probably go #1 overall if he plays well in college.

Thank you for this post. I live in the DC/Maryland area right now, and I'm surprised there's not more hate thrown in my direction about all this.

Regular season wins are expected, though the comebacks and wins against rivals (Steelers, Ravens, etc) are exciting. I still get a sadistic satisfaction out of beating the Jets and Bills. I agree with the others that the playoffs and Super Bowls are still just as exciting, and we definitely have this worry that this could be the last one, so there is urgency to cash in now, that feels similar to 2001 actually.

I thought that maybe SB51 would be the last one, and am giddy as a little kid that we're back.

And I have to say, I'm a little glad you guys weren't in the playoffs this year. I think we would have won a game against you guys, but it would have been a dogfight.

If The Patriots beat the Eagles for Ring #6 next weekend, I will be just as excited as I was for any other Super Bowl win

With that said though, I have a feeling that if they lost, it wouldn't be as painful as it was for past losses. I'm old enough to remember the blowout loss to The Bears, and that one crushed me. Worst loss for me ever. 2007 was a close second. Losing to the Eagles would suck, but I'd get over it pretty quickly

Agreed. Eagles are the worst fans in all of US sports.

I can only tell you how it feels for me and no one else. I will admit the regular season wins are not as exciting as they use to be. The comeback wins are still awesome to watch (like the Houston one we had this year and the Steelers).

But more than being happy for a win i am just miserable when they lose. We all know this team will make the playoffs and we know how important a bye and that #1 seed is (The #1 seed in the past few years seems to always make the super bowl.

Of course there are several regular season games I still get amped up for. Any game with the Ravens, Steelers or other top AFC contender is huge still and never gets old.

The playoffs are still just as good and amazing as are the super bowls. It never gets less exciting and in many ways only has gotten more so.

We know BB/Brady have more games behind than in front of them and it isn't even close. There is an urgency to cash in now.

For instance take this year. They will NEVER have as good a chance to win a super bowl as this year any time in the foreseeable future. If they miss it this year there is a real chance we have have already seen their last super bowl.

losing both coordinators with be a huge loss and is something they couldn't over come in 05 or 06'

So the regular season wins are not as exciting but the regular season losses are still miserable?

That makes sense and probably the only bad part of being dominant for so long. My suggestion would be to get excited for them as this level of dominance may eventually end.

I doubt Brady plays until he's 50 (that would be nuts) but I think Bill probably has a lot more football left in him. I can see Tom taking up coaching though himself though.

Thank you for this post. I live in the DC/Maryland area right now, and I'm surprised there's not more hate thrown in my direction about all this.

Regular season wins are expected, though the comebacks and wins against rivals (Steelers, Ravens, etc) are exciting. I still get a sadistic satisfaction out of beating the Jets and Bills. I agree with the others that the playoffs and Super Bowls are still just as exciting, and we definitely have this worry that this could be the last one, so there is urgency to cash in now, that feels similar to 2001 actually.

I thought that maybe SB51 would be the last one, and am giddy as a little kid that we're back.

And I have to say, I'm a little glad you guys weren't in the playoffs this year. I think we would have won a game against you guys, but it would have been a dogfight.

The only teams I truly can't stand are the Steelers and Bengals. I've loved having the Patriots in it because they've been the only ones I can count on to consistently beat Pittsburgh so we don't have to hear that "Stairway to Seven" crap.

I used to hate the Patriots though back when they were about to go undefeated, but that was just jealousy.

We've been pretty good at keeping games close with just about anybody but 4th quarter heroics and clutch performances haven't been in Baltimore in years and that goes for the offense and defensive side. We just don't have those old hall of famers like we used to to be able to keep up with the AFC's big dogs anymore.

I live in Silver Spring, MD which is Redskins/Ravens country and so far I haven't had any hate thrown at me. It's actually compliments, and people wanting us to beat the goddamn Eagles.

They're just terrible fans. Why destroy parts of your own city and get in fights with each other to celebrate? I know every fanbase has their idiots but man Philly truly takes the cake. I still remember the stuff coming out when the Phillies won the world series.

For me, each game with B&B is a gift! Still very pissed that four were stolen in 2014.

Every regular season Pats game is exciting.

Every playoff Pats game is super exciting with heart rate and BP through the roof..

I still am heart-broken about the "Game that may not be mentioned".

I still can't believe the sheer improbability of "28-3" !

Also, I'd buy Malcolm Butler a drink anytime he wanted one, even if he leaves the Pats in the future.

Super-excited for next week!

No. It never gets old.

Go Pats!

I loved the Pats since the early 70s, (still like the old uniforms more) and rooted for them back when it was always competitive just to be in striking distance of the division or a wild card most years. I have seen every Super Bowl on TV since the first Steeler/Cowboy SB, have never missed one. I watch most playoff games.

I will always love watching, and though I will miss this run, I will always be hopefully for the team to do well.

If they miss it this year there is a real chance we have have already seen their last super bowl.
AFC is garbage.. I expect the Pats to be at least in the AFCCG for the remainder of Brady's years... and probably the SB. They could lose this one but if the do they will still get another.

If the beat the Eagles in a week, I see Brady getting 8.

That's his eldest son right? I'm thinking he's gonna get the Manning treatment and probably go #1 overall if he plays well in college.
Billichick's son becoming the "next great coach" is a silly thing to even be pondering. Nepotism at an extreme example. I am sure that HC and DC are coaching his group up quite a bit. It is a pure entitlement job.

I can empathize with the other NFL fans. Other than the pats, I’ve been supporting Liverpool since the 80s. To watch Manchester United win every year since the 90s was tough. Winning the Champions league in Istanbul was an AMAZING feeling especially being 3-0 down at half time. So I don’t take the Pats’ success for granted especially since 2008 when any freak play could take Brady out.

Last edited:
Thank you, very classy and welcome the the forum! Its crazy how it does not get less exciting. The last 2 sb’s left me in tears and probably got the biggest reaction out of me than even the first few. I will admit though divisional titles really don’t do anything for me anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back