PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to the Philidelphia Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foles played a hell of a game. Hats off. Offensive line is awesome and their defensive line is great, and that last drive gave them their kegs back after they looked gassed throughout the second half.

A lot depends on their contract situations but that team looks like it will be a force for a while, especially if Wentz keeps developing. They should get a 2nd from a Buffalo or Cleveland for Foles.

What will haunt me until it doesn't:

--Butler not playing
--Cooks' stupid jump
--Amendola overthrowing Brady, and the call in the first place
--Cooks getting hurt
--Butler not playing
--Missed extra point
--Missed FG
--Not overturning the first Philly reviewed TD
--Flowers, McCourty, SOMEBODY not making a play
--Harmon's slight hesitation on fourth and one
--The strip sack
--The defense overall
--Butler not playing

I'm sure there's others but that'll do for now.

Philly stayed agressive all game, was so sure Brady was going down the field to win it, but the other guys get paid t0o. Personally, I can never be a good sport losing to a New York Team, hate those ****ers, but otherwise, Congrats to Philly, 6 rings would have been wild, but 5 is ok too. And remember, the New York fans are FURIOUS that the eagles won as they DETEST PHILLY, so....thats something

The difference is a difference maker called Dont'a Hightower. The stop against Lynch, the strip sack. Without him you'll probably lose those 2 games too. Also the Doug Pederson called a perfect game.

The lost their MVP level QB and an All Pro LT and still were amazimg. Hats off. Better team won today.

Eagles offense played the perfect game. Unreal. Every 3rd down was converted. We still took the lead late. Unreal

Philly has never won a super bowl and last won a NFL championship in 1960, good for them, they earned it tonight. Let the fans enjoy it, just don't burn down the ****ing city.

Bruins in good shape, Celtics look good, F Philadelphia

The only person i'm happy for is Blount, who still should have been a PAtriot

I believe in sports mojo.

The 2017 Iggles had it.
No one wants to hear it, but the Eagles had the narrative this year. I was a little worried about this Super Bowl because the Patriots didn't have any big story to overcome or axe to grind.

Now, though? Yup, we have something to prove again.

their great dominant defense gave up over 600 yards..congrats

Be humble in victory and twice so in defeat. Congrats to the eagles for being the more physical, deserving team today. I think the eagles offensive line was the real MVP because the pats got shoved around and applied next to no pressure. It's gonna hurt bad for a couple days with a ton of woulda coulda shoulda's but like Brady said "did you win or did you lose?" And tonight the pats lost to a defense that made the one play more that wins football games. So hats off to them and thank you pats for an awesome entertaining season. Still proud to call myself a pats fan and I will get excited for next season when this one stings a smidge less.

Yup congratulations to the rigged Eagles. Rigged NFL. GARBAGE touch downs that weren’t ****ing touchdowns. **** this sport and this league.

Yup congratulations to the rigged Eagles. Rigged NFL. GARBAGE touch downs that weren’t ****ing touchdowns. **** this sport and this league.
You're really gonna go there with the number of ardent haters convinced the league is rigged FOR us?

You've seen how salty and ridiculous those fans look when they pull this garbage, and you're going there anyway?

I guess it's really true, there's no intelligence test for being a Patriots fan.

Officiating was atrocious, but that they they won and they were the slight better team on defense. That is the reason they won. Our defense was awful.

Other than that congrats Eagles in winning the Sb. We coming back next year to take our trophy back!

They played a good game. Our defense got exposed. We knew it was an issue going into the game, and they found a way to exploit it. This game was more to the credit of the Eagles than the detriment of our battered, injury-ravaged defense IMHO. I think it's more mature to give a very good team full credit for beating us in a clean game than it is to look for scapegoats on our own team. We brought our best, they brought theirs, their best was better. Amazing game. Congrats Eagles fans.

Umm, the eagles d also was exposed. This has a lot more to do with another sluggish start and us settling for field goals and not hitting in the red zone. Can we actually be awake for the start of a super bowl? It is not like they lack experience here.

It was a classic high scoring, shootout game where the d needed one stop. That stops where philly went for them on 4th downs certainly hurt.

No idea why flowers was not out there sooner. No idea why chung ended up on philly’s quickest and best wr (agoholor).

At some point, you have to tip your cap with foles. Those passes tp jefferey early were well defended but a perfect throw is a perfect throw.

Congrats to philly on their first super bowl.

Last edited:
Eagles wanted it more than NE last night and it showed. There was no “win it for Brady” like the last two SBs from our end. They were playing for an entire city that hadn’t won before.

You're really gonna go there with the number of ardent haters convinced the league is rigged FOR us?

You've seen how salty and ridiculous those fans look when they pull this garbage, and you're going there anyway?

I guess it's really true, there's no intelligence test for being a Patriots fan.

He is sort of right, though. A jets fan friend of mine shot me a text saying clement’s was clearly not a td and the ertz one was confusing. The ertz one was a td because of the football move and mccourty contact, but you have to admit, the goodell stooges contradicted themselves, in timely fashion where we are victims yet again of a call based on how the rule reads. I warned of this and was cocnerned about it all playoffs. The Lewis “fumble” call is the best example. The refs called that wrong, reviewed it and still tried to help the opponent. It is nothing new, really. We have seen this for years and just need to overcome it in games. The worst is the replay being clear and the belligerence of the league trying to cover for bad refs and to protect their collective egos.

Isn't it amazing how the ref always gives calls to the opponent as the result of an evil nefarious conspiracy, but we earn our calls through hard work, discipline and knowing the rule book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back