Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
yes it’s all about championships but this team got within one possession of their 3rd in 4 years.
They had a great season, ivercand many devastating injuries. Last year they were better than everyone by a Gronk, this year better than all but one team by a Hightower and Edelman.
I know that this board is on a rampage to skull@&k the corpse if the 2017 season and share their indignity that these players and coaches could dare have the audacity to let them down from the win they are entitled to but having a little perspective is how adults handle adversity.

I feel lucky to have been a Patsfan since 97 and am well adjusted to watching the team play in, usually win, and sometimes lose big games. It's fun to root and be attached for something out of your control, but at the same time it's important to keep perspective that there's a whole lot more to life and time must go on.

On to 2018.

They did have a good season even with difficulties in some games. The better team on the field yesterday won. We should and could have won, it was all there, but we F up. On to the next season. We need a lot of new faces.

Go Pats

Yup, overall, I'm more appreciative than disappointed. Patriots' excellence creates a natural tendency toward entitlement, which is only leads to misery. Not going there. I've no idea what went behind some of the decision making yesterday. But that's a minor issue in the big picture.

The game provided one of the few indisputable times when I get to insist my kids be home (they are in their 30's, so it is rare). We cooked a wonderful meal, ate it over laughter and political banter, then curled up together on the couch with our three dogs and went on a roller coaster together. Good times.

Sort of a gutty season in general. When the injuries started to pile up, i expected another title game loss or possibly worse, so i think the team certainly rose up to play very well starting in october.

I mean, to battle through the injuries and to see some key role players play well, bodes well for the future. Non-star players like rookies butler and wise impressed, as did fill-ins like marquis flowers (under-used in the game, imo). So, there is a lot to like.

Philly made more plays, but the pats are sb favorites next year for a reason. Lots of talent coming back and bb will yet again have them in position.

Looking forward to a good draft and free agency period.

I really can’t and won’t complain. Great season and even in the super bowl they gave them selves a shot at the title. I’d be mad if they didn’t at least have an opportunity to win but when they do get the opportunity I feel ok sort of with a loss.

I am disappointed. We all wanted to win. So did the eagles and their fans.
But crying over other people losing a game is silly to me.
I am especially disappointed because without that strip sack brady would have had the greatest game in nfl history, surpassing last years greatest game in Sb history.

He had led the patriots on 4 consecutive drives of 90,75,75,75 all for TDs and no doubt was doing it again, with little or no time left in the clock. One Fing strip sack. (Ironically that was only Brady’s second fumble in 37 playoff games). I wanted brady to have that chance.

Saying Congratulations without the unneeded snark would have been sufficient.

I will say that this ending has made me far more appreciative of Brady than I thought I could be. I know it seems crazy to say this after all that he has done. I always believed that he was the best but it just felt like he ascended even higher than GOAT for me after this season. He's a miracle worker and I hate so much that he did everything he needed to do and they still lost. They were fortunate to be where they were and mostly because of him.

I just hope next season we can get better pieces in place and jump right back into it.

Yup. Proud to be a fan. Painful, hungover day today but still love this team. Grateful for all the joy they've given me.

Congratulations on another great season, looking forward to next season and the changes that a new season always brings.

Been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder since the early 90's and I am absolutely disappointed by what happened last night. That being said what this owner, coach and QB have accomplished and provided for the fan base in this era should be appreciated. It's interesting tough, some of the biggest disappointments in franchise history have come during this unprecedented run of success and excellence.

Been a fan since the mid 70's and a season ticket holder since the early 90's and I am absolutely disappointed by what happened last night. That being said what this owner, coach and QB have accomplished and provided for the fan base in this era should be appreciated. It's interesting tough, some of the biggest disappointments in franchise history have come during this unprecedented run of success and excellence.

Imagine if brady played this well in sb 42 or sb 46? This is a loss where you can put the blame on the d. Still, a sluggish start yet again by the offense really gave philly confidence. Too little, too late by both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes