PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congrats to BJGE!!! (and He's Got Stats - Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BJGE top rusher in AFC East 2010

Very cool!

Outstanding! I am VERY happy for this kid.

As the only 1,000 yard rusher in the AFC, BJGE deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Even more impressive to me is the fact he did it with zero fumbles throughout the season. And he scored 13 TDs, so it's not like he was getting all open-field carries with 1-2 tacklers hitting him.

I, uh, did not see that one coming.

That is awesome. Even though the other teams platoon alot, BJGE still only gets just above 14 carries per game so to put up those #'s is very impressive.

BJGE still only gets just above 14 carries per game so to put up those #'s is very impressive.

Even more impressive to me is the fact he did it with zero fumbles throughout the season. And he scored 13 TDs, so it's not like he was getting all open-field carries with 1-2 tacklers hitting him.

Just outstanding, he's been a beast for us:rocker: I had no idea this year he'd end up being this strong, congrats to him!

Just outstanding, he's been a beast for us:rocker: I had no idea this year he'd end up being this strong, congrats to him!

That little excerpt begs the question, what's the record for consecutive carries w/o a fumble? We already have the INT-less leader :D

With the way law firm played this year, I dont see how the pats use one of their three (3) first round picks (if you consider the #33 pick to basically be a 1st rounder) on a RB.

He is the perfect running back for this system.

With the way law firm played this year, I dont see how the pats use one of their three (3) first round picks (if you consider the #33 pick to basically be a 1st rounder) on a RB.

Nice balance this year w/ run/pass. 53% pass vs 47% run.

The only gripe about BJGE is he doesn't have that turn the corner burst or that top-level speed and juke in the secondary to bust long gains. If he had both of those he'd be perfect. Seeing that he doesn't, oh well. I'll take 1000 yd seasons and 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 3 with this offense any day.

The Patriots have much greater priorities than running back especially along the offensive and defensive lines (that includes 3-4 outside linebackers as an extension of the defensive line).

That little excerpt begs the question, what's the record for consecutive carries w/o a fumble? We already have the INT-less leader :D

Not sure. Ray Rice had 78 more carries and also didn't have a fumble this year, and he didn't have any in week 17 last year. I couldn't find exact figures of this record, although I remember Ladanian Tomlinson having a streak of something like 600 carries from 2006-08 (regular season only). I couldn't find the definitive record anywhere.

Anything think Maroney is reading all these stats? :D

couple things I found:

Ryan Grant hasn't fumbled since week 2 of 09.
Ahman Green did not fumble in 07, 08 or 09.
NCAA: Travis Prentice holds the record "Consecutive Carries Without a Fumble Career (862)"

Here's Benny's postgame insight as to what goes on during a play: Can you imagine TB talking during a play? Amazing.

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Green-Ellis: Tom Brady Talks During The Play
Interesting, I had never heard that before.

More on BJGE: Tom Curran points out that of the ten other Patriot players to rush for 1,000 yards, seven were first round draft picks, two were second rounders, and one was a third rounder; in comparison, Law Firm was undrafted.

Curran: Green-Ellis' milestone a credit to his team | CSNNE.com

Again, it must be said that 1,000 yards would be a hugely disappointing season for guys who live in the "elite back" category. The guys who don't just get drafted, but go in the first round. It's the road Green-Ellis traveled – a road teammates like Kyle Arrington, Rob Ninkovich, Dane Fletcher, Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick, Eric Moore, Dan Koppen, Danny Woodhead, Wes Welker and Tom Brady know well – that makes them so proud of him. And makes him want to share it with them.

"It's not really an individual accomplishment," said Green-Ellis. "For one person to say that they [got] 1,000 yards by themselves, they would be lying to you."

Green-Ellis is talking about the linemen, tight ends and wideouts who do the blocking. And the coaches who design the plays and the quarterback whose arm must be respected. And he's talking, no doubt, about the counsel he gets from teammates.

Like Fred Taylor, who's run for 1,000 or more yards seven times in his terrific career. During training camp, when I asked him about the limited role of Laurence Maroney, Taylor specifically said to "watch out for BenJarvus Green-Ellis." He's been a mentor to Green-Ellis but he refused a large share of credit Sunday.

"I don't want to take away his shine," said Taylor. "He works as hard as anyone without me grabbing him and saying, 'Hey, let's do this.' He's my motivation. The truth of it is, we have our days where we just don't feel like it. You roll out of bed and you're like, 'Aww, man.' But when I think of him, he's grabbing me to do extra abs or an extra set in the weight room or extra sprints. We kind of vibe off each other. But he works his ass off. He's been patiently waiting and he just wants it."

For the Patriots to go 14-2 this year, a lot of guys who’d been patiently waiting needed to elevate their play. A lot of retreads and never-wasses. Green-Ellis' accomplishment was a concrete number, the 1,000-yard carry a moment to celebrate. But that's only because you can’t celebrate the mere presence of a guy like Moore, a pass rusher who was in the UFL a month ago.

Interesting, I had never heard that before.

You could'a knocked me over with a feather. It's so rare that we get quotes that are anything but vanilla.

Also he is one of only two RBs to have at least 175 carries and 0 fumbles. The other is Ray Rice who incidentally has a lower YPC than BJGE does.

Yeah, 0 fumbles is really huge. When Maroney fumbled near the 1yd line, last year, I threw up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe