PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

COMMENTARY: Has Dak won a ring? No. That doesn't mean the Cowboys should ditch him.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Last edited:
People probably said the same thing about Marino.

The thing about the Cowboys is that every single year people think they are going to be great. I've been in work football pools (winnings based off team success in playoffs) and people are paying over $1,000 to buy them, usually among the most expensive teams sold. And every year they come up waaaay short. Winning a playoff game is what, a once a decade event for them?

I'd say the Cowboys issues are more so Cowboys issues than Dak issues.

I wonder how much history would've changed if Bill had drafted Dak in 2016 with the pick used instead for Jacoby Brissett...?
Tough to say. After all, he traded Brissett and Garoppolo because Brady wasn’t done, so it’s possible he would have moved Dak also.

I won't judge the article since I have not read it. I just hope it isn't one of those stealth "don't ever criticize the QB becuase it's a team game"

Cooper Rush was their Zappe last year.

Plenty of talk that there was a QB controversy in Dallas. Rush was “the guy” and it was time to send Dak packing. Jerruh was egging the controversy on even though he was just trying to hype his team like he usually does. There waa no reason to think Dak would have lost the games Rush won. Nothing in Rush’s profile or experience suggested he was a starter in this league. I mean it’s that easy to find greatness on the bench we all know that. And Rush somehow was better than Dak even though Rush faced nobody good and they never asked him to go beyond his limitations as a QB. Until the Eagles reminded him who he is and who the Cowboys were without Dak then that all went away.

Sounds familiar…

Last edited:
It's not as if Dak has ever had a 445 yd / 3 TD winning performance against a Belichick family defense (on the road)

Emmy Awards Thank You GIF by Emmys
Oh No What GIF by Tennis TV

Dallas has their own QB problem.

They have SF next week.

Nobody has won a ring in Dallas for 28 years.

I think the owner is only mildly disappointed about this, given that in the last 20 years the value of his franchise has gone from about $750M to over $9B, and revenues over $1B a year (profits are perhaps half that?).

A SB win would certainly enhance all that. But the QB situation as it stands provides hype and hope, and that's all that's needed to keep the finances healthy.

Dak is just good enough to make the Cowboys strongly consider whether they want to move on from him, but just bad enough that he will never win a Super Bowl. It’s glorious to watch.

I wonder how much history would've changed if Bill had drafted Dak in 2016 with the pick used instead for Jacoby Brissett...?
Agreed dak wasn't even a starter.. I believe Romo went down, and he became the starter right? Seems that's how alot of QBs today get thier opportunity. I think Dak is a Top 10 QB.. IMO. He has some premium talent around him. I believe we have to stop pollard if we can stop him that limits what they want to do offensively..

Going to be interesting to see what happens with dak after this year... last two years of his deal are void years, with a whopping 59m cap hot in 2024... 36 in 2025...

Is he worth that kind of money? Worth is relative I suppose so the better question is will the cowboys pay him 50m a season on a re-up? 36-40m, maybe 45m for the first couple years followed by a few Ego (void) years might get it done depending on the guaranteed money... if he pushes for more, as he's shown he's willing to do,will they pay more?

That's when we'll see if they will ditch him...

Agreed dak wasn't even a starter.. I believe Romo went down, and he became the starter right? Seems that's how alot of QBs today get thier opportunity. I think Dak is a Top 10 QB.. IMO. He has some premium talent around him. I believe we have to stop pollard if we can stop him that limits what they want to do offensively..
Agreed and we'll have to handle Parsons if we want to do much offensively.

Agreed and we'll have to handle Parsons if we want to do much offensively.
Absolutely. Wherever #11 lines up 2 guys need to be on him at all times. Thier D Front 7 is good ,but it all works for them becuase of #11.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with dak after this year... last two years of his deal are void years, with a whopping 59m cap hot in 2024... 36 in 2025...

Is he worth that kind of money? Worth is relative I suppose so the better question is will the cowboys pay him 50m a season on a re-up? 36-40m, maybe 45m for the first couple years followed by a few Ego (void) years might get it done depending on the guaranteed money... if he pushes for more, as he's shown he's willing to do,will they pay more?

That's when we'll see if they will ditch him...
Daks been given WRs, a great defense and everything to succeed. He's been hurt a few times, missing chunks of the seasons. Fizzled out a few times in the playoffs. I'd have to think going forward if Dallas feels they can get similar productivity or more from rush then yeah.. the future could be interesting..

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back