PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts sign Deion Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes the Pats change a bunch of audibles or other signals, it's been worth it for Indy.

That said, it's a slimy move, one that brings the Jets or Dolphins to mind. I wouldn't have expected it from the Colts.

As for Branch, he's always been a bit of a $$ chaser, this is probably just a cash grab for him. Hard to blame him for it.

A "cash grab"???

The guy has made around 40 MILLION dollars in his career, or somewhere in that area. His contract w/Seattle was for 39, but I don't know how much he left on the table. Adding in the money from the Pats from before and after Seattle and he has to have made around $40 mil. 40 mil divided by 11 years = about 3.63 per year

The playoff game puts a whopping 23 grand in his pocket, which, after taxes id probably around 12-14k in his tax bracket.

He probably did it just to be able to play in the playoffs, but the Colts...
If the Colts win, I wonder if they keep Branch on. Somehow I doubt it

According to Reiss, Branch worked out for the Colts Dec 10.

Branch must feel like a real idiot for tarnishing his Patriots legacy to be a game day inactive.

Inactives for the Colts:
WR Josh Lenz
CB Sheldon Price
OLB Daniel Adongo
OL Khaled Holmes
OL Joe Reitz
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
WR Deion Branch

Branch must feel like a real idiot for tarnishing his Patriots legacy to be a game day inactive.

Sorry, man. You are on an island with this opinion.

4.5 seasons as a Hawk to 6.5 as a Patriot (far different if he was a lifetime Patriot like Kevin Faulk or Troy Brown). Given the outcome of the game, I suspect few other than yourself will even remember this transaction.

Sorry, man. You are on an island with this opinion.

4.5 seasons as a Hawk to 6.5 as a Patriot (far different if he was a lifetime Patriot like Kevin Faulk or Troy Brown). Given the outcome of the game, I suspect few other than yourself will even remember this transaction.

It was a foolish decision, I might be exaggerating it but considering he didn't even get to dress it was really just a waste and an unnecessary flaw on his career.

It was a foolish decision, I might be exaggerating it but considering he didn't even get to dress it was really just a waste and an unnecessary flaw on his career.

Perhaps you do not realize that he was paid for his lack of services?

Perhaps you do not realize that he was paid for his lack of services?

He probably made about $25,000 for his time there, he made $45,000,000+ in his career if he need the money then he is really stupider than I thought.

L.O.L

There's no arguing with a ridiculously silly view point. Just give it up. :bricks:

Given the amount of money he has it was a curious decision. He got 25k for a week of practices. I guess he really likes practicing. Maybe he misses the sport.

For what it's worth, I was sorry that Deion Branch didn't play last night and make a reception. He has always been one of my favorite Patriots and brought a lot to the field and to interviews. Good luck and fare well, Deion.

Inactives for the Colts:
WR Josh Lenz
CB Sheldon Price
OLB Daniel Adongo
OL Khaled Holmes
OL Joe Reitz
WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
WR Deion Branch

He only tarnish his patriot legacy in your mind. Dude will hopefully be a patriots hall of famer one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back