PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts sign Deion Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet even cole could guard branch at this point

So then you think that he signed this contract with the intention of just exchanging cash for information, that he would think said information is valuable, and that he believes the Colts are using him for valuable information and is OK with that? Despite their need to sign a WR for depth, that is a coincidence, and his workout with them a while ago was a smokescreen?

I don’t like his decision, we can argue the merits of why he did it all day and why I am wrong for considering him to be traitorous for doing for hours but the fact is my position is what it is. I don’t think Branch needs the money and I don’t think he is deserving of being part of the playoffs considering he has not participated in an OTA, training camp, regular season practice or game since the 2012 season. The fact he choose to do so with the opponents of the Patriots 6 days before they play just adds to the unnecessary.

If Branch had signed with the Colts back 12/11/13 when he worked out I would not have this opinion, I would see it as him trying to hang onto his career but I cannot recall another player in my years as an NFL fan that signed to a team after not evening being part of a training camp or any NFL activity the week of the divisional playoffs. That’s like starting the Daytona 500 on the 499th lap and doing so against drivers who drove the other 498 laps and on top of that those drivers used to be your teammates.

If Deion can only hang onto his NFL career in this manner he should recognize that his career is over and move onto the next phase of his life.

It's a signing because they need a body at WR and he was available on the scrap heap on top of the fact that he may be able to give them a bit more insight on Brady and the offense. For the latter, I'm not too worried. I doubt that there's going to be much more than he could give them than, say, Welker could give the Broncos or that they could get themselves just by watching film.

This thread is hilarious. Who cares that Branch signed with IND? If he actually plays (or even scores!) shame on the Patriots defense. And I'm sure Brady is smart enough to know to change up any tendencies he may have in order to throw off anything the Colts D might be looking for. I don't think this game will come down to Deion Branch signing with the Colts.

And didn't Welker know Brady just as well as anyone and how'd that do for DEN this year?

I have to be honest. As someone who flies a lot, reading about a pilot who get so easily riled up and also may carry a gun on a flight makes me pretty nervous.

If you do fly a lot then you should be nervous if your pilots don't have a weapon.

Sorry man but you are totally overreacting to this situation and making yourself an easy target for ridicule.

I don't agree with his point of view, but I admire the way he has stuck to his principles. IMHO he believes strongly in loyalty and that isn't reason enough to be ridiculed.

If you do fly a lot then you should be nervous if your pilots don't have a weapon.

Oh sure, several of those 3 million miles worth of flights I have been on were saved by an emotional gun-wielding pilot.

Oh sure, several of those 3 million miles worth of flights I have been on were saved by an emotional gun-wielding pilot.

One thing I've learned being on both ends of a gun is that it might be a constitutional right but there are a great many people who should not be allowed to carry a firearm. In fact, even in my gun carrying circles, I'd say over 50% of them shouldn't be allowed to carry ;)

Perfect, this just sets up the ultimate BB mind blowing experiment.

Please say Hello to Mr. Randy Gene Moss. Give him back the 84 jersey, assign him deep outside routes and prepare for some magic.

before this signing i wanted a good fun game,
Now i want another 59+ blowout.

Perfect, this just sets up the ultimate BB mind blowing experiment.

Please say Hello to Mr. Randy Gene Moss. Give him back the 84 jersey, assign him deep outside routes and prepare for some magic.
There's a new WR #84 at practice today but it's not Moss.

Deion Branch the spy? - Colts Football - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just a random question but Branch was signed today, I'm sure they will try to get any patriot info out of them that they can but how can we know that he doesn't call up Braddy and tell them our insides, call me paranoid but I'm sure they are friends and just as easy as he could give us info he could do the same to them.

So we have someone named "Braddy" and Branch will update them on the Colts "insides"

I think that their insides are kind of soft and sugary

images

You utterly fail to grasp the import that the Twig's signing is the most perfidious defection since General Benedict Arnold went over to the Brit Pats giving them Washington's plans for Monticello. OK, wrong president, but still, you get the idea. When he comes to Gillette we should all stand, turn around and give him the famous "Braveheart" display.

Alternatively, this couldn't be some dark, insidious machination by BB to use The Twig to insert a "virus" into the Colts game plan, could it?

What was Washington going to do to the home of Thomas Jefferson? :confused3:

When I heard this on the radio yesterday, my first thought was, "Wow, they are really desperate and scared." I am not sure my later thoughts have changed much. I mean, how much can Deion Branch give them on us that isn't on film? You mean to tell me that the Patriots have some awesome, super secret plays that they haven't trotted out in over a year, that they have been saving for this moment, and Branch is going to give them away? That he suddenly is going to recover his former quickness and run away from everybody in our secondary? That Tom Brady has some super secret "tells' that neither the Colts nor anybody else but Branch knows about? Cripes, all of us could get out there and call out, "54's the Mike!"

I think it's hilarious that BB is heaping praise on Deion. Usually that means he has something "special" in store for him.

GO PATRIOTS!!

Come to think of it, maybe this is their "revenge" move for us signing (and re-signing, and re-signing) Austin Collie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back