PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts OL Coach Mudd says he's retring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Due to changes in the Colts Pension plan. Both he and OC Tom Moore debated retiring in January when Dungy left and Polian talked them out of it. He's trying to talk Mudd out of it again but there is speculation Moore might face the same decision rather than lose value in their retirement benefits.

Could be an interesting year in Indy.

ProFootballTalk.com - Latest News and Rumors

They must be desperate for his help to need him back with them, he's been around long enough to retire whenever and however he wants to.

It'll be interesting if the Colts can sustain their success. I remember when Crennel and Weiss left, everyone was saying BB and the Pats were done, but continued to compete every year besides the revolving door at Def. and Off. Coordinator. I tend to believe the Colts will have an uphill battle if their coaches continue to follow Dungy out the door.

Who will the Colts bring in to teach the OL how to hold without ever getting caught and drawing a flag?

It'll be interesting if the Colts can sustain their success. I remember when Crennel and Weiss left, everyone was saying BB and the Pats were done, but continued to compete every year besides the revolving door at Def. and Off. Coordinator. I tend to believe the Colts will have an uphill battle if their coaches continue to follow Dungy out the door.

I think the Colts success or failure depends more on a healthy Peyton and a D-line that has 5 300+ lbs DTs (as opposed to 1 last year) than if a their O-line coach retires. I'd like to see Mudd stick around, he does a good job of coaching up some of those low round and FA type guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents