PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colin Cowherd Just Ripped Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I do not agree with not selecting a pass rusher in the 1st round when we had 2 1st round picks (one of which we got for trading a potential Hall of Fame pass rusher), I am a Jets fan? Don't think so. Just pointing out that being critical of not addressing the pass rush is not illogical and is being addressed even on national ESPN radio.

Oh boy, the football geniuses at ESPN radio don't agree with what Bill has done. Now we're clearly in big trouble. Time to move on. Maybe Cowherd is interested in transitioning from the booth to the war room as so many mediots have successfully done. We can only hope, I guess...

I know we say the draft is over on Saturday, but I think we need to make a splash today.

We can't keep hoping to strike it rich in the later rounds, it hasn't worked in the past few years. Since our last Super Bowl, these are the guys we were drafting to rush the passer/set the edge. Ryan Claridge, Jeremy Mincey, Kareem Brown, Justin Rogers, Shawn Crable, Jermaine Cunningham.

The talent drops off considerably after this round. I'm hoping we get two guys for the front seven in this round. I'd like Bowers, but if I want more of a sure thing as a pass-rusher with not as many injury concerns, I'd probably go Reed and hope Bowers continues to fall.

What's that old adage, splashes win championships...didn't Dan Snyder coin that one?

the last time the Rats did what you say, they drafted Vernot Goatston...:bricks:

They didn't move up for the Ghost. They did move up in the first for Revis, Keller and Sanchez. Also moved up Harris and Greene but they were second and third round picks.

They also traded up and drafted Mark Sanchez. They have traded up for Revis. My point was we have like 10 picks every year. Wouldnt mind if we cashed a few in to move up if we target someone. The pats have been pretty good with high picks.

So who exactly do you KNOW they were targetting?

Obviously, it wasn't Cameron Jordan. Actually, about 20 something other teams weren't targetting Cameron Jordan.

If Robert Quinn was such a stud, why did 13 other teams pass?

Who exactly is this magical target?

(whispering) Grande Mistako with the Sanchez lesson there, Greg.

The Jets traded up with Tampa Bay (via Cleveland) from #17 to #5 to grab Sanchez in the 2009 draft.

*******Guess who TB took at the Jets' original 17th pick?*********

Answer: D'OH!!!

2010 TDs/INT: Freeman-25/6 Sanchez-17/13
2010 Yards: Freeman-3,451 Sanchez-3,291
2010 Rating: Freeman-95.9 Sanchez-75.3

Don't forget, for the trade-up, the Jets also gave away their 2nd round pick.

Back to the drawing board on that one.

Why not mention playoff wins? Dont cherry pick now.

I don't even know who Colin Cowherd is, but it looks like he is just one of the many who ripped Belichick last night, after just day 1 of the draft. This is nothing new........

Freeman > Sanchize.

The Playoffs thing is worthless - Lolita Boy has one of the best defenses and O-lines in the league helping him out. Freeman's on a young team with two of the best teams in football to go up against.

No doubt he'll take credit when we pick one today

We're talking about individual QB's. Not the "win-for-today", "all-in", "who cares about tomorrow" franchise you root for that is losing 1/4 of its roster to FA this year.

The fact is the fact. The Jets gave away their first and second rounder for a lesser QB than they could have gotten just sitting still.

Last edited:
What's that old adage, splashes win championships...didn't Dan Snyder coin that one?

And like Snyder's Redskins, we've been winning tons of championships over the past six years.

Freeman > Sanchize.

The Playoffs thing is worthless - Lolita Boy has one of the best defenses and O-lines in the league helping him out. Freeman's on a young team with two of the best teams in football to go up against.

Only a delusional Jets fan would even attempt to argue that trading up for Sanchize was a better idea than staying put, keeping the second rounder and getting Josh Freeman.

And like Snyder's Redskins, we've been winning tons of championships over the past six years.

I guess divisions and conferences don't count anymore...after you've won three worlds and played in four in a decade.

Yeah, the Pats and the Redskins have performed on the same level these past 6 years.

That's brilliant.

All one can plan for is to be in contention for the SB. After that, fate and the bounce of the ball take over.

The Pats were in serious contention going into the playoffs 4 of the past 6 years (excluding 2005 and 2008).

They were the overwhelming favorites going into the playoffs at least 2 of those years.

Now do you want to run that comparison with the Redskins again?

Last edited:
Yeah, the Pats and the Redskins have performed on the same level these past 6 years.

That's brilliant.

All one can plan for is to be in contention for the SB. After that, fate and the bounce of the ball take over.

The Pats were in serious contention going into the playoffs 4 of the past 6 years (excluding 2005 and 2008).

They were the overwhelming favorites going into the playoffs at least 2 of those years.

Now do you want to run that comparison with the Redskins again?

I know, we were in serious contention the past 4 of the 6 years and probably could have got over the hump had we drafted a ...

:p

We're talking about individual QB's. Not the "win-for-today", "all-in", "who cares about tomorrow" franchise you root for that is losing 1/4 of its roster to FA this year.

The fact is the fact. The Jets gave away their first and second rounder for a lesser QB than they could have gotten just sitting still.

Its not a fact. I'm not taking anything away from Freeman who I think is a stud and would appear to be the no brainer choice against Sanchez.

The only fact we know is Freeman has never played in playoff game let alone won 4 road playoff games against top teams.

If Freeman gets to the playoffs next year and tears it up then we can readily admit that Sanchez was the clear incorrect pick. Until then theres no true way to compare.

I know, we were in serious contention the past 4 of the 6 years and probably could have got over the hump had we drafted a ...

:p

Wrong.

In the modern NFL, you cannot "draft a super bowl". You can only draft contention for a super bowl. Too much luck and injury situation play a part.

The Patriots have been serious contenders 4 of the last 6 years - - which we all see as a relative catastrophe. The two other years, they went 10-6 and 11-5.

The fact that you compare that to the Redskins whom their own RADIO STATION (owned by Napolean Snyder himself) yesterday joked need to draft 20 of their 22 position players this week to be considered average is delusional.

I guess divisions and conferences don't count anymore...after you've won three worlds and played in four in a decade.

So, you wear a Patriots AFC East Champions shirt/hat around, how about that 2007 AFC Champions shirt/hat?

We are in contention almost every year and are so close to winning it all if we just fill one if our most glaring needs, the same one we've had for several years. Why not draft one of the top rated athletes at that position of need, even if it means taking a risk with a higher pick.

Its not a fact. I'm not taking anything away from Freeman who I think is a stud and would appear to be the no brainer choice against Sanchez.

The only fact we know is Freeman has never played in playoff game let alone won 4 road playoff games against top teams.

If Freeman gets to the playoffs next year and tears it up then we can readily admit that Sanchez was the clear incorrect pick. Until then theres no true way to compare.

Freddie Mitchell "won" several playoff games in his first two years in the league.

I guess the Panthers really whiffed on selecting Steve Smith in that same draft instead.

Give me a break. Sanchez isn't half the player (or have half the football intelligence) of Josh Freeman. He plays on a team that has been short-term loaded and has been reasonably successful DESPITE him. Freeman has been carrying a minor league team.

Just like the Freddie Mitchell - Steve Smith comparison of 2001-2002.

Last edited by a moderator:

So the highlight of your fandom is defined by beating a rival that has half it's snaps taken by rookies/ second year players?

Usually, the apex of achievement isn't beating a team in a transition year.

To each his own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents