PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coach/rookie of the year?

‘Mondre

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Thoughts? I think they’re in the discussion.

Rookie of the year is Mac's to lose. I can't tell who the other coaches are who might be in contention. Maybe Kliff Kingsbury out in Arizona. I never thought he'd have the Cardinals going the way they're going.

I think Mac is now ahead of Chase for OROY.

BB has a shot for COTY. I think it depends how this team does against the schedule meat grinder that they're in now.

If Pats are #1 seed, I don't know how Bill is not COTY with a rookie QB. I think it may end up being Kingsbury because it is a narrative award like league MVP and I think they league is itching to give it to someone new.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Mac is the front runner. Him over Chase shouldn’t even be s discussion. That would be an amazing award for a Pats rookie. When was the last time the Pats had a ROTY?

Bill should be right up there with Kingsbury.

Mac is the front runner. That would be amazing? When was the last time the Pats had a ROTY?

Bill should be right up there with Kingsbury.
It is close, isn't it? I mean who saw Arizona dominated not only the West but the entire NFC? They have also win 2 of 3 games without Murray. That is very impressive.

Still, if the Pats continue to win and dominate like it has then IMO it has to be Bill. No one had the Pats being this good with Mac. Some had us as a playoff team but not a top seed.

BTW, Pats are +146 point differential, best in the league. #3 is Arizona at +108.

Depending on how their season plays out, I could see Frank Reich getting some coach votes. He has the Colts playing really well and seems to have turned Carson Wentz back around.

BB winning the AFC East or even getting #1 seed while playing with a rookie QB with a low ceilling there would be no way BB should not be named COTY

same is valid for Mac for OROY, Chase has slowed down in the last few games, while Mac is playing better every game on a more difficult and more important position, Chase has to have another few 100yards + TD games to catch up and Mac has to slow down

They could name the COTY award the Belichick Award, yet there's no way he's going to get it IMO. If the team stays on this trajectory he 100% deserves it. They will never give it to him.

Rookie of the year, yeah. Cant see anyother rookie performing at his level, Chase was the only one who might have got consideration, but he faded a bit lately

COTY, only if BB get #1 the conference. Otherwise it will go to whoever is #1 in the NFC, between Cards and Packers

Chase's first 7 games. He was dominant and was running away with this award
1638210379711.png

But in the last 4 games - not as much
1638210242870.png
I think teams are starting to lock him down and making his numbers go down. In the meantime Mac is winning games and he just showed he can throw on a good defense.

Inevitable I guess. It's tough for a skill player over a QB. Much harder for teams to lock down Mac or any other QB than it is to lock down a receiver.

I also think Judon is in the conversation at least for DPOY. If he takes the sack lead from Garrett who knows?

Barmore is close to the conversation for DROY but it's going to be tough to beat Parsons.

Mac's numbers so far:
1638211073338.png

He's on pace for 4037 yards in 17 games. To beat Luck's record he has to average 305 a game the rest of the way. That's going to be tough unless he has a 400 yard game or two in him. He also would need to play out the string and if the Pats lock up a playoff spot that's doubtful.

On pace for 23 TD and 12 INT for 17 games. TD:INT of 21:11 for 16 games, that's the same as Cassel had in 2008.

He has also now thrown for more yards than Cam did last year in 75% of the games :D

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back