PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon suspended again

He is an elite talent and as long as his behavior, performance and adherence to the "Patriot Way" are stipulations, under the right deal structure I would support bringing him in on a low risk deal.
Any deal is a not-so-low risk deal with this guy. Read about how the Browns offensive performance plummeted with this guys return. So did Hoyer's performance. Brown's observer's don't think it's a coincidence.

Trade a 3rd or 4th + Dobson for him in the off season

Perhaps we can fix him.

It might be worth a try but it won't be easy. I watched this kid a little closer this year and when the ball isn't thrown his way he appears to be pretty disinterested. On passes that are thrown to him but aren't right on the money he simply gives up. I saw a couple of INTs that could have been avoided if he gave any effort. He has a ton of talent though.

Any deal is a not-so-low risk deal with this guy. Read about how the Browns offensive performance plummeted with this guys return. So did Hoyer's performance. Brown's observer's don't think it's a coincidence.

I think anytime inserting an offensive force into the lineup could cause problems with playcalling, cohesion, etc.

With that said, if you go back to the 2013 season and look at games Gordon played and he had over 100 yards, CLE scored 21ppg. In games he had less than 100 yards, they scored 20 ppg.

Last year Gordon had Campbell and Weeden throwing to him and 3 games with Hoyer. This year was Hoyer and Johnny 8-ball.

In the 10 games before Gordon, CLE scored 21ppg. In the 5 games he has played they've scored 19. Not much of a difference IMO. To compare, with Gronk the Pats score about 6 more points a game.

My point: I don't think it's all on Gordon. That team has QB issues big time.

However, To your point, if the case is that Gordon spent about 3 minutes on game preparation (which is something that is happening IMO) then prior to acquiring him, we need to understand the reason for this behavior. If he is fact a bad seed and is a hopeless case, then the Pats should look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Josh Gordon has Patriot success story written all over him.

Manziel... how did he manage to fool so many experienced, savvy NFL personnel people?

The average working stiff Joe the football fan could see this clown was a snotty little entitled rich kid punk besides being a bargain basement, cheap knockoff Romo clone. I posted my opinion on him THIS season this past summer. My belief was as soon as he hit an NFL field in a real game he'd be bashed like a pinata at a Hell's Angels jamboree in the Sturgis S.D. Rally. Now look at him, a few hits and he wants his champagnee baba...punk. See you on a rag cover in the supermarket checkout line, Johnny Foolsball.

Because the Browns front office and scouting department does this for a living and know far more than we do. Look how stupid an appeal to authority sounds when it's applied to another team. :)

Last edited:
Id give up our 4th for him, just to see what he's got in a good system.

Not unless we beat them to him.

Remember, Bill doesn't care as much about what you did there as much as he cares about what
you will do here.

I would give up Tampa's 4th-rounder for him, but not before having a face-to-face conversation.
You shouldn't do drugs by yourself.

Breaking news: old dude thinks young people are just the worst. More at 11.

More breaking news : old dude KNOWS he's being hypocritical while young dude displays ageist bigotry on an open forum. More at 6 p.m.

More breaking news : old dude KNOWS he's being hypocritical while young dude displays ageist bigotry on an open forum. More at 6 p.m.
Most young people are idiots. I thought everyone knew that.

young idiot 1.jpg

Of course I know that... I WAS young once. Why do you think I got the nicknames "Thing That Wouldn't Leave", "Gorgo", "Ignoroid", and "Help!! Call The Police!" ?

Gorgo. A great movie of its time.

gorgo2.jpg

This is a curse. No longer funny. So sad and disappointed.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back