PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Concussion result of cheap hit after whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone else see this? It was after the play and as the players were getting up, a Jags player pushed Chung, there was another player down behind Chung, causing Chung to fall backwards and smack his head really hard. I knew he was concussed as soon as I saw his head bounce off the turf but the refs just walked away.

Anyone else see this? It was after the play and as the players were getting up, a Jags player pushed Chung, there was another player down behind Chung, causing Chung to fall backwards and smack his head really hard. I knew he was concussed as soon as I saw his head bounce off the turf but the refs just walked away.
I tbought they pulled him because he was getting killed out there.

Watch again. It is obvious he got it there. I wish I had a replay. Was shocked I saw him out at all after.

He was. He was last week as well. Dude is always a mile in trail of his guy. Dude hasn’t lost a step, he’s lost a half dozen.

The Jags got away with this at least one other time. Where they pushed a Pats player well after the whistle. It was BS..

EDIT: BBOBBO actually just posted the play I was thinking of.. where ASJ pushed Van Noy and the ref did NOTHING.

it was actually van noy that got pushed, and he gets up and walks away. chung was already on the ground, but the camera cut could fool you into thinking it was chung that got pushed (plus van noy's number is 53, chung is 23):

You are right. I didn't see the replay and saw Chung down

it was actually van noy that got pushed, and he gets up and walks away. chung was already on the ground, but the camera cut could fool you into thinking it was chung that got pushed (plus van noy's number is 53, chung is 23):

LeBron would be proud of that flop by KVN.

Lots of holding on Jax that went unnoticed. Romo and Nantz never brought it up except for the Gronk one

Whenever I hear the phrase "shutdown corner" I know that we are talking about someone who gets away with jersey tugs and all kinds of illegal contact.

LeBron would be proud of that flop by KVN.
@archstanton543 what exactly do you disagree with there? That was the flop to end all flops. You can even see the knee extension to jump backwards. If that wasn’t a flop then he should be replaced immediately because he won’t be trusted to get off blocks by much bigger linemen.

Not that I have to justify my disagrees but I'll do it this time...it's not a flop if you actually trip over someone after being pushed backwards into them.

That's a GIF. You can literally watch it as many times as you want between now and death. I suggest you keep watching. He literally looked down, bent at the knee, and jumped backwards. He could have just as easily hopped over all those legs (since the push wasn't hard at all) but was instead looking to try to dry the penalty. That is a F-L-O-P. Otherwise, we should all be sitting here wondering how in the world the guy isn't pancaked on every running down.

That's a GIF. You can literally watch it as many times as you want between now and death. I suggest you keep watching. He literally looked down, bent at the knee, and jumped backwards. He could have just as easily hopped over all those legs (since the push wasn't hard at all) but was instead looking to try to dry the penalty. That is a F-L-O-P.

Ahhh...no.

That's why I clicked that red "disagree" button.

Watch again. It is obvious he got it there. I wish I had a replay. Was shocked I saw him out at all after.
Agree. When Chung went down he was woozy getting up. You could tell. The ref kept telling him to go to the sideline.

Lots of holding on Jax that went unnoticed. Romo and Nantz never brought it up except for the Gronk one

After all the whining about the refs the Jaguars did after the AFCCG, NE was not going to get a lot of calls their way yesterday.

Agree. When Chung went down he was woozy getting up. You could tell. The ref kept telling him to go to the sideline.

Yeah you could see the ref giving Chungs number the sideline with his hands.

@archstanton543 what exactly do you disagree with there? That was the flop to end all flops. You can even see the knee extension to jump backwards. If that wasn’t a flop then he should be replaced immediately because he won’t be trusted to get off blocks by much bigger linemen.
I think he jumped to avoid landing on his teammate, who was down.

Is he saying that wasn't a flop?? :confused::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back