PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian Barmore

Yup....stewardship.
Must irresponsibility be all the rage?
I believe so.. he's has the full range, autonomy to do as he saw fit for so long. As a teen.. If your father let's you drive the car all the time.. you can tend to feel like it's your own. . Wich I think is the case with Bill.. operating as if he has to pay players personally..

I believe so.. he's has the full range, autonomy to do as he saw fit for so long. As a teen.. If your father let's you drive the car all the time.. you can tend to feel like it's your own. . Wich I think is the case with Bill.. operating as if he has to pay players personally..
Do you think RK disapproves?
How do you construct a deep team (injuries have proven that our backups excel during BBs entire reign) with a strong middle class and function as a fiscal ****** or hedonist? McVay has been surfing on one year of doing it, but is that what you want?

I actually went back and read the post-draft threads before making this post. I'm not going to name names, but people were pissed we passed on a particular WR. He busted
And plenty others were pissed that we “threw away” two 4th round picks in order to trade up for him.

How do you construct a deep team (injuries have proven that our backups excel during BBs entire reign) with a strong middle class and function as a fiscal ****** or hedonist? McVay has been surfing on one year of doing it, but is that what you want?
RK made a statement " Bill doesn't always do things straight line, where you can always understand... But.. he's earned the right to do things his way" said in March 2022. Then he had Matt and Joe handling his offense wich ultimately was the beginning of the end for Mac.

I'd imagine RK has had enough the last few seasons.

The issue is the team missing on draft picks 2019 and on.. has set back the organization. As currently constructed this team has nothing offensively for the future. Any pieces left are on defense. We all had to bare witness to what life is like in 2023 NFL when you miss on a QB.

He can be as fiscal as he wants.. however being frugal fanny has no bearing on not having a QB. When we get the QB or adequate Play at the position we can be back in contention.

RK made a statement " Bill doesn't always do things straight line, where you can always understand... But.. he's earned the right to do things his way" said in March 2022. Then he had Matt and Joe handling his offense wich ultimately was the beginning of the end for Mac.

I'd imagine RK has had enough the last few seasons.

The issue is the team missing on draft picks 2019 and on.. has set back the organization. As currently constructed this team has nothing offensively for the future. Any pieces left are on defense. We all had to bare witness to what life is like in 2023 NFL when you miss on a QB.

He can be as fiscal as he wants.. however being frugal fanny has no bearing on not having a QB. When we get the QB or adequate Play at the position we can betrying to back in contention.
Rewatch last night's game and write down every rookie's name you see on the field. You're throwing everything you can think into the mix now just to perpetuate your distaste for BB.

Rewatch last night's game and write down every rookie's name you see on the field. You're throwing everything you can think into the mix now just to perpetuate your distaste for BB.
I don't know BB personally to dislike him. I'm basing my post my opinion based on the current state of the team and the direction of it. Please don't confuse things with bb bashing. The truth Is hard for some to come to grips with.

I don't know BB personally to dislike him. I'm basing my post my opinion based on the current state of the team and the direction of it. Please don't confuse things with bb bashing. The truth Is hard for some to come to grips with.
Or even see....take a step back.

Still his job to get good value from it. Doing his job.
Yes of course it is. I'm just being realistic. I'm gearing my mind for him not being here so I'm trying to think how things will be done differently with a modern set up of having a coach and Gm working In unison not one in the same.

Gronk the TE GOAT was threatened with a trade and finished his career with the Bucks, just like Brady the QB GOAT was forced to.

If you want to go tit for tat with Bill's bad roster moves vs his good roster moves then you'll get blown out of the water. When he stumbles upon a great player and then dumps him, that actually goes against him.

This is a crazy take. Bill GMed a team that went to the SB 9 times and won 6 of them, 17 division titles in 20 years yet you think his bad roster moves outweigh the good? SMH.

Gronk the TE GOAT was threatened with a trade and finished his career with the Bucks, just like Brady the QB GOAT was forced to.

If you want to go tit for tat with Bill's bad roster moves vs his good roster moves then you'll get blown out of the water. When he stumbles upon a great player and then dumps him, that actually goes against him.

You will get the bill protectors all come out. How dare anyone say anything about the great Bill.. I've said numerous times how great he's been, and he deserves all the accolades. I'll be looking for his HOF induction as well. However cannot ignore the current state of this roster. When a organization misses on a QB we've as we've witnessed all season.

I'm already on to the off season.

Barmore since week 6 among DTs:

16 run stops (1st/132nd)
17 pressures (6th/132nd)
3 sacks (5th/132nd)

He had a heck of a game vs an elite interior OL yesterday and is probably their best draft pick since Thuney. He’s played a big part in the pats having the best ypc run defense since the 2010 Steelers.

There’s plenty to be disappointed about this season but Barmore breaking out is big for the future. Get some healthy corners behind him and Judon to be able to play man coverage consistently and the D will be set up nicely.

They need to sign him to a new deal, he’s their best DL.

They need to sign him to a new deal, he’s their best DL.
I believe they will.. he's on his rookie deal still so he'll have his option picked up...

Yep 22 starters. You have to spread that money around. I hope it wasn’t lost on anyone last night that at one point we had 2 practice squad CBs on the field while the 6 guys ahead of them during the season were either on IR, injured during the game, cut like Jack Jones, or in leave. How do you lose your top 6 CBs and continue with good performances by Austin and Wade?

You will get the bill protectors all come out. How dare anyone say anything about the great Bill.. I've said numerous times how great he's been, and he deserves all the accolades. I'll be looking for his HOF induction as well. However cannot ignore the current state of this roster. When a organization misses on a QB we've as we've witnessed all season.

I'm already on to the off season.
The organization missed on their qb. You said it. That’s what happened. Not the first time, not the last time, happens to every team

The organization missed on their qb. You said it. That’s what happened. Not the first time, not the last time, happens to every team
Correct, that's simply put. We know in this era of football what it looks to have legendary play at the position, and to not have even marginal play.

I'm all about 2024 patriots and beyond.

Yep 22 starters. You have to spread that money around. I hope it wasn’t lost on anyone last night that at one point we had 2 practice squad CBs on the field while the 6 guys ahead of them during the season were either on IR, injured during the game, cut like Jack Jones, or in leave. How do you lose your top 6 CBs and continue with good performances by Austin and Wade?
Folks here aren’t going to like the answer to that question. It’s Bill Belichick.

Most folks overlook how much injuries this season have been a ****show. From before TC the OL was a mess. Judon. Gonzo. Bourne. Rham. Marcus. And the smaller ones, Juju and Pop and all the others. I’m not sure any team and any coach could have done much better than the Patriots have done in the face of all those players getting hurt. They’ve been scraping the bottom of the barrel all year. It’s easy to blame the HC for not having talented depth but roster size is fixed and talent is spread thin in a 32 team league, especially now that added games stretch depth to the limit.

Folks here aren’t going to like the answer to that question. It’s Bill Belichick.

Most folks overlook how much injuries this season have been a ****show. From before TC the OL was a mess. Judon. Gonzo. Bourne. Rham. Marcus. And the smaller ones, Juju and Pop and all the others. I’m not sure any team and any coach could have done much better than the Patriots have done in the face of all those players getting hurt. They’ve been scraping the bottom of the barrel all year. It’s easy to blame the HC for not having talented depth but roster size is fixed and talent is spread thin in a 32 team league, especially now that added games stretch depth to the limit.
We've had seasons where we were depleted by injury, 2005 for example comes to mind. The one constant that we could lean on was that we had the guy.. Brady. Whenever you have the QB you can pretty much withstand injuries. The QB keeps your team afloat. Buffalo is a prime example for instance. This season missing on the QB , the season spiraling out of control early on. Bill has always done a great job coaching it's his passion what he lives for, what his calling is..

However even as great as he is can't overcome not having the QB.

Let’s hope he gets to the 10 sack club and makes All Pro. He’s currently 1st among DT’s in sacks.

Last edited:
We've had seasons where we were depleted by injury, 2005 for example comes to mind. The one constant that we could lean on was that we had the guy.. Brady. Whenever you have the QB GOAT you can pretty much withstand injuries. The QB GOAT keeps your team afloat. Buffalo is a prime example for instance. This season missing on the QB GOAT, the season spiraling out of control early on. Bill has always done a great job coaching it's his passion what he lives for, what his calling is..

However even as great as he is can't overcome not having the QB GOAT
FIFY. Since you’re citing 2005 and Brady.

You‘re right about Buffalo being a prime example. But I think for my position. They’ve got their QB but he got dinged up along with some other guys so their season this year has been shaky even though he hasn’t missed games. I don’t think the Bills talent and depth was all that impressive apart from their QB. I think they were overrated going into the season because their QB was highly regarded and depth and talent issues were overlooked.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back