patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Barmore since week 6 among DTs:

16 run stops (1st/132nd)
17 pressures (6th/132nd)
3 sacks (5th/132nd)

He had a heck of a game vs an elite interior OL yesterday and is probably their best draft pick since Thuney. He’s played a big part in the pats having the best ypc run defense since the 2010 Steelers.

There’s plenty to be disappointed about this season but Barmore breaking out is big for the future. Get some healthy corners behind him and Judon to be able to play man coverage consistently and the D will be set up nicely.

No one says BB is bad a picking defensive players. He's usually pretty good at it.

If you blindfolded BB and had him throw darts at a dartboard with offensive players names on them, he'd have more success picking them in the draft.
Agree on all points.
Just that I've been reading that anything having BBs stink on it has to go. We're lamenting not re-signing players 5 years ago that were the worst picks ever 10 years ago. The mob has become crazed and each take has to outdo the previous one.
Bottom line: BB will be missed. I don't care how sick of him anyone is today. He will not be adequately replaced.
He won't be here forever and I don't think the pearl clutching will expedite his departure, but RK is prone to checking the wind before making his decisions.

Agree on all points.
Just that I've been reading that anything having BBs stink on it has to go. We're lamenting not re-signing players 5 years ago that were the worst picks ever 10 years ago. The mob has become crazed and each take has to outdo the previous one.
Bottom line: BB will be missed. I don't care how sick of him anyone is today. He will not be adequately replaced.
He won't be here forever and I don't think the pearl clutching will expedite his departure, but RK is prone to checking the wind before making his decisions.
I think those people are referring to the coaches and scouts than players. Like who wants to see Gonzo go? Or Peppers?

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
He’s the perfect example of why tanking isn’t realistic. He could be going through the motions right now and helping the team get a better draft pick, but instead he’s adding tens of millions of dollars to his next contract.

Putting on a Reggie White impersonation the last handful of games. Our own beast mode player.

Barmore since week 6 among DTs:

16 run stops (1st/132nd)
17 pressures (6th/132nd)
3 sacks (5th/132nd)

He had a heck of a game vs an elite interior OL yesterday and is probably their best draft pick since Thuney. He’s played a big part in the pats having the best ypc run defense since the 2010 Steelers.

There’s plenty to be disappointed about this season but Barmore breaking out is big for the future. Get some healthy corners behind him and Judon to be able to play man coverage consistently and the D will be set up nicely.
A big part of that is the guy next to him. Barmore and White will terrorize the league next year.

If this dude gets a 2nd contract from another team it’ll be the biggest roster mistake since letting Thuney go.

If this dude gets a 2nd contract from another team it’ll be the biggest roster mistake since letting Thuney go.
Tough, athletic interior player. He’s been terrific. Wise Jr has also been great, really has gone on to have a good season.

He has been robbed half a sack from the score keepers. He’s had the year many expected him to have in the middle.

He is guy that needs to be built around.

Last edited:
They did not let Thuney go. Thuney wanted to go
I don’t remember how it all went down, but in a firm believer money talks, unless Thuney was just over being a Patriot.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
If Onwenu and/or this dude get a 2nd contract from another team it’ll be the biggest roster mistake since letting Thuney go.

They need to keep Onwenu and Barmore, period. Good tackles and disruptive IDL are worth every penny.

Of all the guys they have coming off rookie deals in the next two years, these two are priority 1a and 1b. As much as I love Dugger and am warming up to Jennings, there's not a close third.

They need to keep Onwenu and Barmore, period. Good tackles and disruptive IDL are worth every penny.

Of all the guys they have coming off rookie deals in the next two years, these two are priority 1a and 1b. As much as I love Dugger and am warming up to Jennings, there's not a close third.
Jennings has the look of someone who would be completely undervalued in the FA market because what he’s good at isn’t the flashy stuff, while Uche has the look of someone who would be overvalued. If Belichick is still here, I expect Jennings will be resigned at a contract far more than what people here will expect, while Uche will walk with a huge deal elsewhere that he probably will never live up to.

And if I’m wrong, I never posted this….. ;)

I don’t remember how it all went down, but in a firm believer money talks, unless Thuney was just over being a Patriot.
Bill did his usual 11th hour offer to try to bring him back, but he had already made up his mind and took the Chiefs offer.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back