PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Simms having a meltdown on Twitter...

I overreacted because I'm sick of seeing arseholes like Simms get clicks at the expense of one of the greatest, on and off the field, who ever played
I hear you and very much agree with the point you made earlier - need for attention. These outlets know that it's nice to have a 'controversial' character who can be counted to defend their stupid utterances given that it is sure to bring attention and responses.

I long ago - back to Cameragate in 07 - decided not to click on any such articles and contribute to the attention that such articles/tweets gain.

This great place is enough for me to get a gist of their stupidity.

Seriously, Simms couldn't give two sh!ts whether the suckers respond positively or negatively, just as long as they respond.

Sing along with me... when will they ever learn, when will they ehever learn.
I completely agree with you, i meant more in general. Talking to people in real life, comments on YT, FB, etc, Defamegate is more or less non-existant. There will always be idiots, but then again some people think the world is flat so you can’t win them all. :D

Otherwise, i have no idea why people post nonsense by people like Simms. Their stupidity should be ignored and not become a talking point as if they have a valid point.

Didn't Florio whine about Brady saying everyone thinks they suck before the Pats last SB run? Just stirring the pot as usual for clicks on articles.

Tom Brady = Clicks

Some moron woman says he should apologize for the way he treated the Lombardi Trophy, and it makes the news.
He takes a PPP loan and it makes the news.
It is also easy clickbait to downplay his talent of his accomplishments.

It is all just low rent clickbait.

It's awesome how the perception of Defamegate has completely changed since SB51. Just look at the comments on the tweet, everyone is destroying Simms for his stupidity.

If he wrote the same thing in 2017, he would have had 5k likes and most of the comments would have been Cheatriots, etc.

SB51 will always be the greatest game for me. Greatest comeback ever, Brady surpassed Montana, Defamegate and Spygate became footnotes, we finally got our own miracle catch, courtesy of one Julian Edelman, the entire sports World was in awe of the perseverance and belief of the Patriots...they could have cancelled the league after that game and it wouldn't have mattered.

The entire stadium booing Fraudger off the stage was a nice little cherry on top.

The interview he did with Aaron Rodgers was just flat out embarrassing. He fawned all over him like he was a high school cheerleader.

My sense is Simms is a contrarian ******* who always thinks he's smarter than everyone first and a Brady hater second. But those two are like peanut butter and jelly.

I’m not sure there is someone’s opinion I can give two $hi/s less about than Chris Simms. Looks like a creeper villain from some sci-fi movie.

2_gary_busey.jpg

He has never really fully recovered from that time he bonked his head off a curb, has he?

I’m not sure there is someone’s opinion I can give two $hi/s less about than Chris Simms. Looks like a creeper villain from some sci-fi movie.

2_gary_busey.jpg
The late Greg Giraldo: “Gary Busey is here... kind of. He just flew in from lobotomy island. Gary, you look like Nick Nolte f.ucked a Clydesdale.”

Brady has won 4 SB's (and went to 5) in 7 years since Defamegate. He won 3 SB's in 14 years prior to that.

Since the league started to enforce properly inflated footballs, Brady has been unstoppable. I guess he felt that he was winning so much, that it wasn't fair for the other QB's, so he decided to ignore the laws of physics and try to needlessly deflate game balls so the other teams have a chance.

Unfortunately for Good Guy Brady, the league got on to his act, so against his own will, he has been forced to win SB after SB.

Just wanted to say that, during these last couple weeks, you've posted some truly epic ****ing posts. Well done, good sir.

Hard to argue with Simms logic. Rodgers is the GOAT, he could have Five rings if he wasn’t 1-4 in NFC Championship games. Just think about that, he could have 5 rings.

I was looking at Simm's favorite player(A Rogders) SB run compared to Brady's the other day. They both had a 3 game road stretch with a lot of statistical similarities..

Rodgers over a 4 game stretch threw for 33 more total yds than Brady(1094yds to 1061), 1 less td(9tds to 10) and 1 less pic(2pics to 3), he also ran for 2 tds(Brady ran for 1td).

Over 4 games his defense gave up 76 points(3 fewer than Tampa 78) and his offense scored total 121 points(2 fewer than tampa 123). They both had a shaky NFCCCG and threw 3 tds and no pics in the SB getting MVP.

Rogders had a higher completion percentage 68%(90 of 132) to 58%(81 of 138) which netted a higher passer rating(109 to 98) but not by much, overall pretty similar stats. Rodgers was 16 years younger than Brady with a pretty stacked O(Jennings and Nelson in their prime, james jones, D driver).

Never heard much about Rodgers top 5 D carrying him to a SB. Just thought it was an interesting comparison, they both carried about the same work load on their runs with comparable results.

Last edited:
I was looking at Simm's favorite player(A Rogders) SB run compared to Brady's the other day. They both had a 3 game road stretch with a lot of statistical similarities..

Rodgers over a 4 game stretch threw for 33 more total yds than Brady(1094yds to 1061), 1 less td(9tds to 10) and 1 less pic(2pics to 3), he also ran for 2 tds(Brady ran for 1td).

Over 4 games his defense gave up 76 points(3 fewer than Tampa 78) and his offense scored total 121 points(2 fewer than tampa 123). They both had a shaky NFCCCG and threw 3 tds and no pics in the SB getting MVP.

Rogders had a higher completion percentage 68%(90 of 132) to 58%(81 of 138) which netted a higher passer rating(109 to 98) but not by much, overall pretty similar stats. Rodgers was 16 years younger than Brady with a pretty stacked O(Jennings and Nelson in their prime, james jones, D driver).

Never heard much about Rodgers top 5 D carrying him to a SB. Just thought it was an interesting comparison, they both carried about the same work load on their runs with comparable results.

Rodgers got five turnovers from D/ST in the 2014 NFCCG. And they sacked Wilson five times. We keep hearing about how Brady got so lucky with short fields. Rodgers got them 6 points on 5 turnovers, and two of those were deep in Seattle territory.

Then of course, the football gods tried to hand him the game against Tampa, as Brady threw an astonishingly terrible three interceptions on consecutive drives. Not getting any luck in the postseason? A career full of never having the opportunities? How can you ever get one as prime as that?

Both of these were legacy games and also during MVP seasons.

Someone said it recently about Brady: he always does the minimum required to win. At first I thought it was a backhanded compliment, but then it kind of clicked. You can always find reasons he “shoulda lost” or so-and-so ”coulda won by more” but Brady always finds himself on the winning side. He ”got bailed out” and yet other QBs get a great defensive effort or some breaks, too, but they still come out with an L.

I am glad someone mentioned the 30 points in 4 straight playoff games. Florio tried to say yesterday that Brady was carried to the title by his defense. WUT? Old Patriot takes die hard I guess. He must have missed the WFT game altogether and the first half of GB and the entire SB. Brady could have dropped 40+ on the Chiefs as they just ran the ball in the 4th as he had already put up 31 in just 3 quarters and that was with a TD taken away because of Jones not extending the ball on 4th and goal.
Just looked it up. Brady has put up 30 or more points in 11 out of his last 14 games ( winning 2/3 when less than 30 JAX and SB53). Prior to that, he put up more than 30 in 10/31 playoff games.......

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back