PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Hogan appreciation thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster game. He stepped up when it mattered. He bobbled the ball a ton but he held on, all that matters.

I'm surprised this statement got a few disagreements.

I'm trying to figure out what they would disagree with.

He had a monster game? fact

He bobbled the ball a ton? fact

He held on and that's all that matters? ok, he dropped one on the screen. Maybe that's why some users disagree. That would be awfully harsh on their part to kill him over that one play, right?

I'll be the first to admit I've been all over the place with this guy.......

When they first signed him my hopes were probably too high. I was thinking, oh, this is another divisional opponent that Bill has recognized his true value and he'll truely thrive in New England ala Wes Welker.

Then as the season went on I saw that he wasn't going to be Wes Welker 2.0. Sure, he wasn't 'bad' by any means, just more of a role player than I anticipated. For his position I was hoping for more of a possession/physical receiver like the Givens or LaFell type (obviously before LaFell had drop issues).

From the Baltimore game on we're seeing the big play capability that is taking over. With Gronk out he has moved himself into the top three most important players on the offense right now.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I'm surprised this statement got a few disagreements.

I'm trying to figure out what they would disagree with.

He had a monster game? fact

He bobbled the ball a ton? fact

He held on and that's all that matters? ok, he dropped one on the screen. Maybe that's why some users disagree. That would be awfully harsh on their part to kill him over that one play, right?

I'm guessing some just hated the fact I said anything negative about him at all. I have come to grips with the fact that if I say anything at all negative towards towards patriots players, no matter how true it is...... Some will disagree/not like it. That's fine...Hogan had a great game and the pats are moving on to SB! That is a fact nobody can deny.

Whenever I saw Hogan put in motion it was a thing of beauty. He'd jog over to the other side and my word I don't know if I've ever seen someone with such speed off the line. He'd bolt off the LOS like a bat out of hell.

He's one inch smaller than Julio. He had 10 more yards. He played one year of ball in college. He's clutch as F.

I know that Atlanta offense looked scary but GB really pooped the bed allowing so many scores so early. I think Atlanta really rode a high that game. I refuse to underestimate them, but with the likes of Edleman, Hogan, D Loo, Mitchell, Bennett (tough as nails breh. Tough), I refuse to cower in the shadow of hyperbole attached to Atlanta.

Don't know if I said this already but I will say it again Chris Hogan reminds me of Jordy Nelson. A white boy who can ball...dam that boy good glad BB payed for his services.:cool:

I shall appreciate Mr. Hogan in the way I like best - Photoshop humor...
JmUB1DJ.jpg

I'll be the first to admit I've been all over the place with this guy.......

When they first signed him my hopes were probably too high. I was thinking, oh, this is another divisional opponent that Bill has recognized his true value and he'll truely thrive in New England ala Wes Welker.

Then as the season went on I saw that he wasn't going to be Wes Welker 2.0. Sure, he wasn't 'bad' by any means, just more of a role player than I anticipated. For his position I was hoping for more of a possession/physical receiver like the Givens or LaFell type (obviously before LaFell had drop issues).

From the Baltimore game on we're seeing the big play capability that is taking over. With Gronk out he has moved himself into the top three most important players on the offense right now.

???

He got behind the D in the very first game.

Don't know if I said this already but I will say it again Chris Hogan reminds me of Jordy Nelson. A white boy who can ball...dam that boy good glad BB payed for his services.:cool:

Always said he reminds me of Miles Austin. Big, strong, not a burner but fast. Moved around can play outside and in the slot.

Loved this signing from the jump, and one of my favorite current Patriots.

Anyone else get a little bit of pants movement when Brady saw something at the line and yelled "Jordan!" And everyone changed formation? I just knew Tom saw something and was about to exploit it. Got me going a bit.

Bills fans must be hating life.

Hogan is faster than most people realize. Here he is running a 4.39 40.

Brady on Hogan: Oct 30, 2016 - "Hog's fast. He runs by people and they don't catch him. If you just put it out there for him and let him run under it, he's able to make those plays. He's done that all season long for us. It was great .

If Atlanta plays that same Seattle style two deep zone against the pats, and the o line gives Brady time, hogan will have another monster game,
Aye. Unfortunately they tend to play significantly more press man than Seattle. That said, their corners aren't great by any stretch. If the OL can keep their front off Brady, Hogan should still see success. He is basically the reason defenses can no longer simply flood the field between the numbers and play a lot of man under to choke off the underneath and intermediate stuff. Excellent signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST