PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chandler Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galeb

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.patriots.com/media-cente...ith_more/38d838cb-c81f-4d0c-9a99-b65f4bc7e8f3

This is a must watch for any Chandler Jones fans. If strengthening his legs helps his game as much as he thinks it will, he may just make that jump to truly elite. He seems like such a warm and likeable guy, and he and Reiss appear to be quite fond of each other. Whether he makes the jump to elite or not, I love having him on the team and hope he is a long time, healthy Patriot.

He look big like he added significant weight this offseason.

He look big like he added significant weight this offseason.
He definitely looks different both physically and how he carries himself. It's fun watching this guy mature. He seems very grounded, self aware and level headed. I think he makes the jump.

I would guess it will be an incremental improvement over last year. No leaps in performance, but we'll all being rooting for him to shine.

Nink is what he is at this point. Jones is where we can get some improvement over PY.

I would guess it will be an incremental improvement over last year. No leaps in performance, but we'll all being rooting for him to shine.

Nink is what he is at this point. Jones is where we can get some improvement over PY.
Incremental improvement would be fine. I think he finished 5th in the NFL in sacks, if he can add a few more sacks, as well as get bigger and stronger and get better against the run, he'll be an All-Pro. he deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last season.

I like what I see. The Jones family must be one of the most talented hard working families in pro sports. I think Chandler wants to be great, which is what we want.

Chandler had 11 sacks last year. He gets Wilfork/Kelly and Easley who are good penetrators which should help Jones. I like what he was saying about Easley, it seems like he wants to help teach the young guy. I'm hoping for a 14-15 sack season and 3-4 force fumbles.

Huh, he did only get 11.5...thought it was 12.5! I know he got some taken away from him by the league, but didn't think it was that many.

The biggest benefactor from having Kelly, Easley & Chandler Jones on the DL though would be Ninkovich, there will be a lot of QBs trying to escape the pocket for him to clean up.

Word up on if he lost those 15 LBS of body fat yet?
Word up on if he lost those 15 LBS of body fat yet?
You should worry bout yourself losing 15 30 100lbs whatever first.

As for Jones if he were just slightly quicker he might not get handled by single blocking so often. He's not a qwik twitch edge rusher and all the little things will help. Internet $mart@$$.

I'm glad Jones is trying to get stronger and better. It beats most players that get handled by single blocking and do nothing to improve.

You should worry bout yourself losing 15 30 100lbs whatever first.

As for Jones if he were just slightly quicker he might not get handled by single blocking so often. He's not a qwik twitch edge rusher and all the little things will help. Internet $mart@$$.

You double post and double quote so often, it makes me think you have fat fingers.

I dunno y it happens.it hit the button the screen flips and it shows twice sometimes.

Lifting too much weight with fingers?

Slightly OT: I swear that Chandler Jones has to lead the league in most times held without generating a holding call. I feel like that has to start evening out eventually as he becomes more established in the league. It has driven me nuts the last couple of years.

Slightly OT: I swear that Chandler Jones has to lead the league in most times held without generating a holding call. I feel like that has to start evening out eventually as he becomes more established in the league. It has driven me nuts the last couple of years.
At least twice a game you see the LT with his arm wrapped around Jones throat after being beaten round the edge, how it never gets called is beyond me.

He looks great physically, but he's starting to go bald so we should trade him for a rookie with a better projected hairline.

Probably 15 pounds of hair. That should make him much more aerodynamic, like a swimmer!!

It is so rare today to see professional football players working out in the off season. Thank goodness Mr. Jones is the exception!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST