Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Also, Bedard said on Twitter that he'll be surprised if Jones doesn't play

Curran expects Jones out until the SF game ..... I don't think anyone,including Jones knows if he is ready to play until practice starts on Wednesday.

After meetings today Jones was seen apparently walking fine

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Time for an update (sort of) on Chandler Jones’ injured ankle

The team needs him but only if he is near 100% ....if he isn't maybe they use Hightower or Spikes to rush off the edge,I am not comfortable with just Nink and Scott on the outside,although I like what Nink has done thus far.

Very good to hear. Really need Jones to back (healthy), especially with the Cunningham news. If JC had to juice to become a decent player this year, count him out the rest of the way. Now, without Jones, there's next to nothing on the edges. Nink has made a few beastly plays, but let's not kid ourselves and act like he and Scott can get it done at DE against playoff teams.

Don't see them putting either Spikes or Hightower on the LOS or changing their current roles too much. That LB corp is really starting to gel into one of the top units in the league. I like our chances a lot if Jones can come back healthy.

Do these journalists just make up a return date in their heads?

I'm thinking you could put me out in place Jones vs. Miami and the Pats would still get the win. I hope they let him rest. He is a rookie.

I'm thinking you could put me out in place Jones vs. Miami and the Pats would still get the win. I hope they let him rest. He is a rookie.

Miami just beat Seattle which beat the Patriots. Miami is also playing rope-a-dope with the press saying how invincible the Patriots are right now. This game is Miami's season - if they win, they're in the hunt for a playoff spot, if they lose, they're toast.

Miami on the road after the Butt Bowl has trap game written all over it.

Miami just beat Seattle which beat the Patriots. Miami is also playing rope-a-dope with the press saying how invincible the Patriots are right now. This game is Miami's season - if they win, they're in the hunt for a playoff spot, if they lose, they're toast.

IMO every game has the potential to be a "trap game"... right now we have too many significant injuiries, and the tension seems to be heal or keep on keeping on.

Agree, they will be tough, but doubt the Pats will be caught by surprise. We may have a few young players who have trouble keeping their concentration at peak level at this point in the season. We'll see.

Not to dismiss Miami, but Seattle at home and Seattle on the East Coast at 1 PM ET are two different teams. Seattle is 5-0 at home and 1-5 on the road this season. They have beaten the Pats and Packers at home and lost to the Rams, Cards, Dolphins, and Lions on the road.

BTW, guys like Jones and Vollmer may have been held out of the last game because of a short week. If the Pats were playing on Sunday, they might have played for all we know.

Miami on the road between the Butt Bowl and the Houston game has trap game written all over it.

Fixed your post for you.

Of course, AHern was walking around the Pats locker room without a boot or a limp a couple weeks after his injury....

I didn't see Jones' injury, how bad did it look at the time?

Of course, AHern was walking around the Pats locker room without a boot or a limp a couple weeks after his injury....

I didn't see Jones' injury, how bad did it look at the time?

Didn't look serious at all. Looked like he rolled it, almost. He was down, but got up and walked off on his own. He got it taped up and was walking around on the sideline for a while. But after halftime he just stayed in the locker room.

Will Cunningham's suspension have any impact on Jone's status for the Miami game?

Miami's front 7 on defense can cause some havoc, but on the other side of the ball I think we can do just fine even without Chandler Jones, if he is less than 100%. Obviously it's better to have him in there, though.

Ninkovich always seems to have his best games vs. Miami.

Glad to read this, knowing now that there was no amputation

Seriously, people need to stop overusing this phrase. By definition, every game the Patriots might lose is not a trap game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes