PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chances of going 16-0 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, assuming equal injuries to key players on both squads, several will be much, much lower than 80%:

Texans
@Jaguars

@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans

(Week 11) Bye
@Jets
Vikings
@Dolphins
@Steelers

Bills
Jets

Yup...you could argue that the 07 team might have had an 80% chance any given week (Vegas odds were around that, +/- 10%). If you play that 07 season 30 times, maybe they go 16-0 once or twice, which is what ended up happening. Which makes sense given how tough the Eagles, Ravens and week 17 Giants games ended up being, and maybe a couple others.

And, assuming equal injuries to key players on both squads, several will be much, much lower than 80%:

Texans
@Jaguars

@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans

(Week 11) Bye
@Jets
Vikings
@Dolphins
@Steelers

Bills
Jets

A few i would un highlight, Texans, Watson is coming back from an ACL tear, and we're facing him his first game back. Chiefs, Mahomes 1st year as a starter, we'll take advantage of that. Titans won't be tuff, Mariota effect.

Last edited:

Texans
@Jaguars

@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans

(Week 11) Bye
@Jets
Vikings
@Dolphins
@Steelers

Bills
Jets

Back to back road games are hard. That game @steelers after @dolphins should theoretically be really hard.

Every team is dealing with uncertainty at this time of year.
Every team is optimistic this time of year.
Good teams can fall apart and bad teams can rise up.
It is much to early to forecast a win loss record.

Tom Brady is 196-55 during his career in the regular season. Winning percentage 78.09%

So, on average, winning a game is a 78.09% proposition

Let's assume that this is a team of average ability for the Brady era. Winning 16 in a row?
(0.7809)^16 x 100
=1.9% chance

Don't bet the farm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Just no. Come back about week 14 if we are still undefeated at that point.

The only seasons I thought it was possible in any way: 2004, 2007, 2011 (coming off that amazing 2010 rebuild, dominating 2010 season but before realizing how bad/injured the defense was), 2015 (and I think they would have gone 15-1 had they not been absolutely decimated by injuries and hadn’t quit to rest players after the Denver loss), and 2017 (though I thought it was a real, real long shot, which turned out to be true after week one.)

I’m wondering if they’ll be able to keep their 12+ win streak alive in 2018. best thing to realize is Super Bowl wins aren’t necessarily correlated with the best roster on paper. Injuries, luck, and a few bounces of the ball are often the reason between hoisting the trophy and not. If you are good enough to get to the Final Four, time to flip some coins in many cases.

7-9 team at best. I DON’T CARE, I CAN’T STAND IT!

Defense will make sure we lose at least one game, so 0% chance.
That's a key point. The Pats are not equally formidable on offense and defense. If they were, one could pull the team through when the other played a bad game. While Brady and the offense have been called upon to do this frequently in recent years, it's unlikely that this year's defense, even if improved over last year, could play well enough in the 3 or 4 games a season when the offense struggles to protect a perfect record.

It's a 100% certainty that they'll go 19-0, anything less would be offensive!

None. Zip. This forum really needs to stop that. It borders on underestimating what the ‘07 team was able to accomplish that season, which is only something that no other team has ever done.

Counterpoint: I guarantee 16-0 this year.

Sure, you can point out that I do that every year, but I wasn't wrong those times, just premature.

66b.jpg

Counterpoint: I guarantee 16-0 this year.

Sure, you can point out that I do that every year, but I wasn't wrong those times, just premature.

That’s what she said.

There's always that one game... Like that Eagles game we lost a few years ago due to a plethora of special teams boo boos

• Agree
Reactions: jah
What current WR would tip the scales like an 07 Randy Moss? There is no one. We don’t know our LT, our defense cant be certain to stop a shoot out, and the league has shifted to stop the passing game that made us undefeated in 07.

We will go deep as always but the scorched earth of 07 will not come again. That was the perfect storm of anger and talent merging into a **** you tour of the NFL. Spygate was the motivation that tapped the talent keg.

We will abuse weaker teams in the first half, grind until the 2nd half against better teams and have nail biters against the real talent. Luck will ruin a game or two at some point, and so will a thin personnel grouping due to injury.

I’d say a conservative 12-4 is safe, 11-5 if we really screwed the pooch over this offseasons accumulation and prep periods, or get too injured. That’s pretty damn great by me. We have already beaten so many odds a system designed to deny the sustained success we have. Just enjoy it :)

A better thread would be the odds of going 6-0 in the AFC East, 3-1?
How many times have they gone 6-0 in the division during the Belichick era?

Just got wheeled out from having an endoscopy and the anesthesia hadn't worn off yet
I’ve had my last two done without any anesthesia, including the last one where they implanted that Bravo capsule device that measures your acidic levels, and had to check/check/re-check the placement on top of my stomach via the camera.

Saved recovery time and money. Have them hit you with the numbing spray in the back of your throat, put the plastic biteguard in your mouth, and give it a try. It’s quite a rush. Of course, if you don’t like constant gagging and sweating with some heavy eye watering sprinkled in, you can opt for the easy way out, again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes