PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chances of going 16-0 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a good call. Here...

61SfLc93%2BTL._SY741_.jpg

...that's worth a nickel.

EDIT: Didn't realize you linked that scene. Links should really stand out more with the font.

Last 2 seasons we've only lost 5 games, 2 in 2016, 3 in 2017, can't say it's out the realm of possibility to finally nail it off, barring major injuries coupled by a weak schedule, we have a shot.
Whew! They could have lost to Jets, Bills, close calls, Pittsburgh had the game won, and Jacksonville should have won when Lewis fumbled. Saved by the refs and instant replay to many times. Last years team was not great. Saints would have beaten them in the SB also.

That's a good call. Here...

61SfLc93%2BTL._SY741_.jpg

...that's worth a nickel.

EDIT: Didn't realize you linked that scene. Links should really stand out more with the font.
Didn't realize the videos don't get added from yarn like they do YouTube.

If you say that the Pats have a 80% of winning each individual game (which is an absurdly high percentage IMO, indicating that they are absolutely dominant) then the chances of them winning all 16 games is still only about 3%.

None. I can see them losing week two in Jacksonville. Texans will be tough week 1.

None. Zero. I had this group going 10-6, 9-7 immediately after the Super Bowl, amid all the dysfunction. I can back off that doom and gloom a bit, but 12-4 would be a phenomenal season IMO. Split Bills and Dolphins, L to Pack and probably Vikings. Be lucky to get by Jags and Steelers. I'm not convinced that the mess of the Super Bowl is behind them. I could be talked into 13-3, as well as 9-7 very easily. I'll feel better when they go 4-0 to open. Until then, I am concerned.

You could very easily see us start off 10-0, only tuff games in the first half are Jaguars/Packers, we get past the Jags/Packers 10-0 start imo, second half of the season Vikings/Steelers.

If our key players (Hightower) are healthy don't see how we don't pull against Vikes/Steelers. This could be our last legit shot at a perfect season and barring health it's a real possibility.

Texans
@Jaguars
@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans
(Week 11) Bye
@Jets
Vikings
@Dolphins
@Steelers
Bills
Jets
Better than the chances of nobody asking that question before a single preseason game.

None. Zero. I had this group going 10-6, 9-7 immediately after the Super Bowl, amid all the dysfunction. I can back off that doom and gloom a bit, but 12-4 would be a phenomenal season IMO. Split Bills and Dolphins, L to Pack and probably Vikings. Be lucky to get by Jags and Steelers. I'm not convinced that the mess of the Super Bowl is behind them. I could be talked into 13-3, as well as 9-7 very easily. I'll feel better when they go 4-0 to open. Until then, I am concerned.
Interesting take. If they do struggle this year, the media will have a field day. They will love it.

You could very easily see us start off 10-0, only tuff games in the first half are Jaguars/Packers, we get past the Jags/Packers 10-0 start imo, second half of the season Vikings/Steelers.

If our key players (Hightower) are healthy don't see how we don't pull against Vikes/Steelers. This could be our last legit shot at a perfect season and barring health it's a real possibility.

Texans
@Jaguars
@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans
(Week 11) Bye
@Jets
Vikings
@Dolphins
@Steelers
Bills
Jets

As other have noted, the chances are ZERO, now that you've JINXED IT!

Interesting take. If they do struggle this year, the media will have a field day. They will love it.
Everyone on the world will love it but us.

Not going to happen. 12-4 or 11-5 seem like the best bets given the holes on D and questions all over the offense

Just got wheeled out from having an endoscopy and the anesthesia hadn't worn off yet, but while under I envisioned one of the Pat's futures. It involved Brady and Hoyer having a low impact scooter accident, Etling breaking every important QB record, a perfect season, and the elusive Superbowl blowout victory.

So my friend, if the anesthesia isn't lying, which it never does, I'd say an 85% chance of perfection, 10% chance of Bill inexplicably sitting Shelton for the Superbowl, and a 5% chance of the world ending during the season.

If you say that the Pats have a 80% of winning each individual game (which is an absurdly high percentage IMO, indicating that they are absolutely dominant) then the chances of them winning all 16 games is still only about 3%.

And, assuming equal injuries to key players on both squads, several will be much, much lower than 80%:

Texans
@Jaguars
@Lions
Dolphins
Colts
Chiefs
@Bears
@Bills
Packers
@Titans
(Week 11) Bye
@Jets