PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Champ Bailey may be leaving Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
His contract negotiations have evidently fallen through and there's talk of a trade.

You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?

His contract negotiations have evidently fallen through and there's talk of a trade.

Link? I would rather have Bailey than any of the elite receivers rumored.

I'm thinkin' I could go for a double cheeseburger right now and the price of gas is way too high.

Is that what you're thinkin'?

Last edited:
I'm thinking I got a way to spend the Randy Moss money now.

What a selfish, self-absorved malcontent! WTF is he doing thinking about his future during the season.

Maybe Josh can give us a sweetheart deal. Bailey would instantaneously be an improvement over anything we have back there right now.

fingers_crossed.jpg

I'm thinking we can only have 53 players on the roster,not 530

The team can't add every good player out there who is trade bait,in fact they might very well not add ANY.

Really don't see this happening.

Bailey is 32, and is going to be looking for something like 5 years, 55M.

If you sign him, what the heck do you do with McCourty, Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite?

These guys need time to develope.

Really? You can't see Bailey replacing anyone? Maybe Ojinnaka?

If you sign him, what the heck do you do with McCourty, Butler, Wheatley and Wilhite?

I'm of the mind that playing with a veteran helps development.

I'm thinking of next year--Bailey on one side, McCourty on the other, Bodden in the nickel. Throw against that, Sanchez, Flacco, Palmer, Breese and Manning.

Wheatley and Wilhite have had just about three seasons to develop now. I would not mind parting with one of them if it meant bringing Bailey in. He could push Butler/Arrington into the slot. Is he what he used to be? Definitely not. But he's still a VERY dependable corner... and we have the money to spend. On top of that, he's a veteran presence back there that this team is sorely lacking.

If I'm BB, I'm on the phone with Denver doing my due diligence on this one.

Sign the beast

sorry patjew ;)

I'm of the mind that playing with a veteran helps development.

Playing helps development better than not playing. If you get Bailey, he and Bodden are your starters the next 3 years. McCourtey and Butler see about 30 snaps a game between them for the next 3 years.

In my mind, the secondary is fine. Its not READY, but the talent is there. They just need to fix the passrush.

I'm thinking of next year--Bailey on one side, McCourty on the other, Bodden in the nickel. Throw against that, Sanchez, Flacco, Palmer, Breese and Manning.

Not sure I'd supplant Bodden with McCourty just yet. We'd have to see them both on the field at the same time, and give them both more than one year playing in the system.

But Bailey would be a good pickup. ...didn't he pull his hammy trying to cover Moss in 08? I hope Moss doesn't make McCourty pull his when he comes back. :( He has a habbit of making that happen to CB's.

Wheatley and Wilhite have had just about three seasons to develop now. .

This is each one's third year in the league. You can't have had 3 seasons to develope when you've only played two. Especially if you've been hurt a good chunk of the time.

Wilhite isn't a great corner, but hes not a bad one. He's got ball skill issues, but most of what made him look bad last year was QBs making great throws because they had as much time as they wanted to set their feet.

Its for the same reason Butler looks terrible right now. Your #2 CB is ALWAYS going to look terrible with no pass rush.

This is each one's third year in the league. You can't have had 3 seasons to develope when you've only played two. Especially if you've been hurt a good chunk of the time.

Wilhite isn't a great corner, but hes not a bad one. He's got ball skill issues, but most of what made him look bad last year was QBs making great throws because they had as much time as they wanted to set their feet.

Its for the same reason Butler looks terrible right now. Your #2 CB is ALWAYS going to look terrible with no pass rush.

All these reasons you've mentioned are helping my argument for why the team should be doing their due diligence on Bailey. With Bodden hurt, throw him out there across from McCourty and let Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, and Arrington compete for the remaining jobs. Competition brings out the best in people. Bringing in Bailey would certainly help that.

Wilhite is fine in the nickel.

Bailey would mean a good chunk of change tied up at the CB position, and it really isn't worth it considering the considerable investment they've made through the draft.

If they're going to trade for anyone, it should be a WR or a pass rusher. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back