PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Kendrick Perkins to OKC; get Jeff Green

They're playing those minutes due to injuries -- how does getting rid of Perkins, Semih and Nate for Green and the foreign big guy help with the injury / minutes issues? (Have I forgotten a player?)

In regards to Perkins, he really hasn't played that much this season, and I'm not sold he's completeyly healthy. The others I don't have a clue. I've been reading the comments on Celticsblog and that's pretty much the party line.
My last comment there was a question which I'll repeat here. Ainge can not know who will sign with the Celtics unless it was with one of the teams he traded with, right? He can't talk to any player due to tampering. But, if he trades two players to Cleveland for a 2nd (?) , then the Cleveland GM, can tell Ainge that a player (Powe) will sign with the Celtics, right? Ditto, with those other teams, Golden State (I think).

the question is, why were they making a trade?

they weren't broken

classic case of fixing what ain't broke

ainge f'd up......

you do know we played most of the season without Perk.

Love Perk but perhaps the Celtics know more about his health than we do.

I heard they may be clearing space for Dwight Howard with all these moves.....I know he supposedly wants to be in L.A, but who knows.

WHOOPIE!!! Draft picks really help this current team! That is first in the East!

This team is ****ed, nice job Ainge
wow you dont know **** about bball either. your getting owned on this thread cement head. keep it up its entertaining

Last edited:
wow you dont know **** about bball either. your getting owned on this thread cement head. keep it up its entertaining

Great, I've got a fan.

You going to slob on my knob every time I post kid? Look at the Red Sox thread, everyone thinks you're a joke.

Great, I've got a fan.

You going to slob on my knob every time I post kid? Look at the Red Sox thread, everyone thinks you're a joke.

honestly littleman how old are you? you really need to learn more about the celtics before you come on here and embarrass yourself.

Last edited:
the question is, why were they making a trade?

they weren't broken

classic case of fixing what ain't broke

ainge f'd up......

8-4 (.666) with Perk back in the lineup.

33-10 (.767) before he came back

No legit player on the roser to backup an injured Allen or Pierce before.

Green will be a perfect Celtic as he is unselfish ... we have a 6th man again.

It was a great trade ... not even just a good one.

Last edited:

Bob Ryan agrees with you. I've read a couple of places talking about an awesome fast break in the future, featuring Rondo and Green. Evidently, this guy is very fast. I think Danny is finding a way to circumvent these other teams "big 3's". My guess is that he has already picked the free agent he needs to go after and the draft pick from the Lakers.

So now we have a backup to Allen and Pierce.

Who's playing center?

So now we have a backup to Allen and Pierce.

Who's playing center?

Garnett can play for now as well as Baby until a O'Neal returns ... they might be going after Dalembert.

Last edited:
Garnett can play for now as well as Baby until a O'Neal returns ... they might be going after Dalembert.

If we don't get someone else, I think this strengthens an area that didn't necessarily need strengthening while creating a fundamental weakness.

Garnett isn't a guy we want going at the Howards and Bynums of the league, and big Baby is even more of an issue given his lack of height/length and vertical.

If the O'Neals were healthy I'd be OK with it, but this seems like too big a gamble to me (again, in the absence of additional moves, since those haven't happened yet)

I just heard that Perkins will be out 2-3 weeks.

I just heard that Perkins will be out 2-3 weeks.

I keep wondering about Perkins health and why we didn't hear anything about the trade being completed "after the physical".
I also have been reading the Celticsblog articles, which the last one stated that the Celtics can play Green more in the Posey role. Which they used mostly in the fourth quarter in those playoffs. We will see.

A couple of thoughts after watching last nights Clippers game. The Clippers #1 will not be too low. I read someone had it at #7. The pick is not in this year's draft, and the Clippers are going to be pretty good. Blake Griffin's stats in his first year are better then Garnetts MVP year. The new center can shoot, and is a good free throw shooter. He's also very active on the offensive boards. This guy will be very effective coming off the bench. West is much better off the bench then Robinson. The Celtics will have three former starters on the bench.
I'm starting to like this trade. Yes, Perkins played defense, and defense wins championships. OTH, this club is deeper and can substitute without a huge dropoff. I see plenty of rest for the big 3, giving them fresh legs for the playoff run. We will be fine at center, between Shaq, Kristic, buyout guy, and Garnett.

I thought the Clipper pick was this year, my bad, currently the Clips have the 7th 'spot' in the draft ie a lottery pick. I agree next year that pick won't be as good. OTOH they are the Clips and have been snakebit with injuries/luck over the years.

I thought the Clipper pick was this year, my bad, currently the Clips have the 7th 'spot' in the draft ie a lottery pick. I agree next year that pick won't be as good. OTOH they are the Clips and have been snakebit with injuries/luck over the years.

There were a couple of times last night, where they had four rookies on the floor and were doing well. That does include Griffin, but does not include Foye who was lights out. But like you said, they are the Clippers and Sterling will still be the owner. Arguably, the worst owner in all of sports.

The pick is top 10 protected??? ... if that's true we need them to have it at 11.

Last edited:
Great commentary on Celticsblog. The Celtics blog writer's best man at his wedding writes blogs for the Thunder. So this guy gave an appraisal of both players and the trade. One of the things he mentioned were the players Pierce (32) was going to face in the playoffs. High energy athletic players (Deng, James, Wade, Kobe), and this after the Celtics have had long seasons the last few years.

I was reading that this move could mean that the C see Miami & SA as the competition for the Championship and not LA & Orlando, the writer said the trade would help with those match ups.

Gutsy move in any event.

I'm sure that's part of the thinking here. Contrary to popular belief Ainge is actually trying to do the best thing for the team.

He's gambling here to be sure - gambling that Shaq will be healthy and have enough in the tank to give it his all in the playoffs - gambling that they don't need Robinson to play the same rol off the bench he did in last year's playoffs.

And we also know that even without Perkins the Celtics have played pretty well, and beat the best teams in the league.

If Perk were going to be here long-term I'd take a different view. But packaging an injured player who isn't going to return with other players to gain some good role players and draft picks doesn't strike me as the end of the world.
So Ainge traded an injured player who wasn't likely to return next season for a 1st round pick and roleplaying contirbutors

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back