PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics/Lakers: Game 3 (NBA Finals)

Paul pierce looked like he was sleep walking out there. they can be so frustrating to watch sometimes. they cant win every game but they just give games away. that game was ripe for the taking:mad:

Too bad nobody told Pierce or KG that.

Yup, can't hang this one on the coach. When two-thirds of your big three can't buy a basket for most of the game, it's on them. If each of them had just made 2 more shots at any juncture they're up 3-0. It seemed every time they built momentum, one of Pierce or Garnett pissed it away.

That said, they won't both be ice cold for 3 straight games...and that they hung around inspite of that is indicative of how this will ultimately end.

After his 6 point effort tonight, Mr. Truth best be stewing on a 30 point statement game.

All we really need is one game here on the road.

But god damn a win tonight would have made the rest of the series a very relaxing experience....

Paul pierce looked like he was sleep walking out there. they can be so frustrating to watch sometimes. they cant win every game but they just give games away. that game was ripe for the taking:mad:

seems like they put kobe on pierce tonite and the celtics missed rondo in the 2nd half and when he came back he wasnt at full strength

refreshing to hear doc rivers just give credit to the lakers instead of whining and complaining.

doc just said about phil jackson "iam surprised he didnt while about the fouls tonite" :) possible alluding to jackson's comments

Last edited:
seems like they put kobe on pierce tonite and the celtics missed rondo in the 2nd half and when he came back he wasnt at full strength
We could have had this one tonight, despite sub-par performances from KG and Pierce. It took over 20 years for me to remember how f@#$%^&* much I hated the Lakers, their crowd, their ex-players and everyone connected to them, but it came back to me tonight in vivid living color on my HDTV. Screw them...

this was a great opportunity against a tight laker team

The games will only get tougher for Boston now. LA hadn't beaten Boston all year before tonight. The Lakers have been tight because they lacked confidence....which they have now. This series could go back to Boston with the Celtics fighting to save their season.

Paul pierce looked like he was sleep walking out there. they can be so frustrating to watch sometimes. they cant win every game but they just give games away. that game was ripe for the taking

I look at it this way, PP and KG had bad games and it was still close, thurs they both come out and play better and its 3 to 1.
Even with the poor shooting they played good D, and as we all know, D wins championships.

I look at it this way, PP and KG had bad games and it was still close, thurs they both come out and play better and its 3 to 1.
Even with the poor shooting they played good D, and as we all know, D wins championships.

well even gasol and odom didnt do much today so how much it evens out in the next game remains to be seen.

"I'm surprised Phil Jackson didn't come in here and whine about free throws."

-Doc Rivers

well even gasol and odom didnt do much today so how much it evens out in the next game remains to be seen.

OMG those 2 sucked before the 4th quarter. Gasol played timid as hell.

My sentiments exactly. Pierce got in foul trouble and was cold all night. Garnett's shot has been off all series. Its not that the Lakers were doing anything to stop them, at least from what I saw, the Celtics just couldn't make a shot. People have cold games, I won't worry until its three games in a row....If even one of them plays better the next game, a likely scenerio, Celtics win.

The games will only get tougher for Boston now. LA hadn't beaten Boston all year before tonight. The Lakers have been tight because they lacked confidence....which they have now. This series could go back to Boston with the Celtics fighting to save their season.

Pierce had a total of 6 points and the Lakers won by 6. Garnett had 13. The Lakers are lucky they are not 0-3 and your saying Celtics could go back to Boston fighting to save their season. More like, the Lakers will be facing elimination after the next game.

how long did it take you to come up with that crap lmao.

Pierce had a total of 6 points and the Lakers won by 6. Garnett had 13. The Lakers are lucky they are not 0-3 and your saying Celtics could go back to Boston fighting to save their season. More like, the Lakers will be facing elimination after the next game.

Actually, each game has been up for grabs, it could be 3-0 either way. The Lakers haven't looked great in any game but they have still been in the hunt near the end. If the Lakers find their way they could take the next 2 home games, go up 3-2, and yes, the Celtics would be fighting to save their season in Game 6.

Actually, each game has been up for grabs, it could be 3-0 either way. The Lakers haven't looked great in any game but they have still been in the hunt near the end. If the Lakers find their way they could take the next 2 home games, go up 3-2, and yes, the Celtics would be fighting to save their season in Game 6.

"It could be 3-0 either way", something one might find on a Laker board.

It seems that in a finals with two fairly evenly matched teams, if the team with home-court wins the first two, they almost always lose game 3. Game 4 is the one they bring it, followed by a blowout loss in game 5 if game 4 goes their way, and then finishing the job in game 6. See Celts in '86, Lakers in '87, Lakers in '00 for a few examples of this.

I fully expected the Celts to lose game 3 and was surprised they kept it close with 2 mins to go. They'll continue the awesome D and should shoot better in game 4, leading to a 3-1 series lead. Then they'll stink out the joint in game 5 (think game 3 vs. Cleveland) and kick some LA butt in game 6.

Regards,
Chris

I hate to see the Celts lose but its OK for now. We of course want to win the next one but considering how badly the Celts played, they were still IN that game until the last minute and a half or so. They even had the lead at points in the game. If the Celts just shoot better they can destroy the Lakers even with Kobe being red hot. Kobe was Kobe last night and made all his shots late in the game but I still feel that even with Kobe playing good the Celts can still beat them but I'd rather not have it be a tie game or down a couple points at the end because he was clutch...draining all his shots and it really killed the C's at the end.

"It could be 3-0 either way", something one might find on a Laker board.

Was it not a 5-point game in the last 2 minutes of Game 1?
Did the Lakers not cut it to a 2-point deficit in the final minute of Game 2?

The Celtics weren't any closer to winning Game 3 than the Lakers were in Game 1.

Was it not a 5-point game in the last 2 minutes of Game 1?
Did the Lakers not cut it to a 2-point deficit in the final minute of Game 2?

The Celtics weren't any closer to winning Game 3 than the Lakers were in Game 1.

If you want to take consolation in using the 'if' word, go ahead.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back