PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CBS Tabs Jim Nantz, Tony Romo To Call Patriots-Dolphins In Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortressX

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
[QUOTE Jim Nantz and Tony Romo will have the call of the Patriots-Dolphins matchup at Gillette Stadium Sunday Sept. 13, with Tracy Wolfson reporting from the sideline. CBS is obviously pretty intrigued by New England’s first game, assigning their top broadcast crew to the contest. ][/QUOTE]

I think this is more a reflection of the lackluster CBS games that week.

Probably both. No matter what, there would be a lot of curiosity about the Pats without Brady but you add in Cam and it's definitely something people are going to want to check out if only to see an opening day without #12 for the first time since 2002.

My body is ready, can't wait!

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well NFL teams have done containing COVID. That doesn't prevent the inevitable mid-season incident, where a team (or two, or three) has an explosion of cases during a game week, but to this point it seems the NFL and its teams have done a good job of responsibly following protocol and doing what they can to maintain safety. I really expected this to go sideways during training camp but it hasn't, and that's been a welcome surprise.

Living out of state that's great news as it should be nationally televised.

Damn, Raiders at Carolina is also a 1PM CBS game so unless games get moved to Saturday I will be in a sports bar.

Last edited:
Yeah CBS has a thin lineup week 1 with Houston and KC on Thursday and Tennessee on MNF. I would have been tempted to put the #1 crew with Baltimore/Cleveland to announce the reigning MVP, but announcing Newton is also a reasonable draw. It will likely be all regional telecasts for CBS.

My body is ready, can't wait!

Gotta say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how well NFL teams have done containing COVID. That doesn't prevent the inevitable mid-season incident, where a team (or two, or three) has an explosion of cases during a game week, but to this point it seems the NFL and its teams have done a good job of responsibly following protocol and doing what they can to maintain safety. I really expected this to go sideways during training camp but it hasn't, and that's been a welcome surprise.
Inevitable? How about future stock tips...got any before I "inevitably" face my demise?

This is all about "the Pats first season opener in 18 years without Tom Brady at QB." They could be playing Johnny Foxborough's crew and still get the "A-Team" (whether or not the "A-Team" is any good is a topic for another thread).

Kind of like traffic slowing down to rubber neck an accident on the highway: "Was it just a fender bender or was that car totaled?"

Will they be in the stadium or watching on a monitor like in other sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back