PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel is OUR QB and I'm behind him

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know, Cassel might have to play for us a FEW games in 2009. We are denying ourselves the reality of Brady's injury. We are hoping it's just a 6-9 month recovery plus rehab but subconsciously we know it could take longer to recover. What if Brady had the terrible triad injury: ACL, MCL, and medial meniscus tears and won't be ready till week 5 of 2009? What do we do then? We think it's just the ACL, but we don't know the full extent and probably won't know for a long long time. Right now, Matt Cassel is the future of the Pats and if he does well the team has to seriously consider keeping him given Brady's precarious health status in 2009.

Take this into consideration; Tom may never be the same quaterback again.
maybe the scream that was heard from the players was the sound of New Englands reign coming to an end, or at least Tom Bradys.

Look at the pictures of how the knee bent, he BLEW OUT that knee, done.
He may never be the same again, and as of now Tom Brady is dead weight.

The best advice for everyone is how a quarterback would think, and thats a short term memory, forget about your last play, look forward.

Forget about Tom Brady, he aint walkin through that door to save this team.
Hopefully, and with some careful planing, Matt Cassel will....

To be continued

maybe the scream that was heard from the players was the sound of New Englands reign coming to an end, or at least Tom Bradys.

The best advice for everyone is how a quarterback would think, and thats a short term memory, forget about your last play, look forward.

To be continued

Since you have no idea what you're talking about why don't we not predict what's going to happen to Brady's career? Seriously, dead weight? You sound like a complete moron.

Palmer and McNabb have both had this injury and come back BTW. He's not paralyzed.

To be continued

you're a cup of joy. I guess it's half empty huh?

Let's see Willis Macgahee BLEW out his knee. Rodney did. Trnet Green did.

Tom wasn't the fastest guy in the world, not even close to medium speed. Yet he used his talent and work ethic to be the best. if anybody can come back he can.

Re: What if Cassel is good all year

Why franchise him. How much would he demand to sign for a three year deal if we signed him next week?

I am not arguing that the Pats should franchise him. In fact, I think that the Pats will not franchise him even if he plays well this year.

If you were Cassel, why would you agree to a 3-year deal next week if you want to be a starter in the NFL next year??

I am behind him too

I am behind him too

I wonder how creeped out he is that we're all behind him? He'll definitely be looking over his shoulder with a bunch of computer geeks stalking him. :D

I am not arguing that the Pats should franchise him. In fact, I think that the Pats will not franchise him even if he plays well this year.

If you were Cassel, why would you agree to a 3-year deal next week if you want to be a starter in the NFL next year??

I could think of a couple a million reasons...

Kinda like with anderson, bird in hand. If creatively structured to be both financially affordable, eminently tradeable and personally rewarding...

A week ago he was looking at potential NFL unemployment in 2009. Could be again in a matter of weeks or months... Or he could be the backup Belichick valued enough to extend who becomes available following Brady's recovery to the highest bidder.

Stranger things have happened.

Hey MoLEwis, are you changing your screen-name if we win the SB? ;)

I wonder how creeped out he is that we're all behind him? He'll definitely be looking over his shoulder with a bunch of computer geeks stalking him. :D

Hey MoLEwis, are you changing your screen-name if we win the SB? ;)

He's on a roll!

It's late. I know, I'm trolling, but talking about football isn't getting me anywhere, hehe.

"Don't stop till you get enough". I'm enjoying the chuckles :D

The more I think about , and accept the reality of Brady's inj, the more im intrigued with Cassel.. I think he will be what a back up qb does, manage the game, and play with in himself.. If wants to be the next Tom Brady, he is in trouble.. But if he is Matt Cassel , then we will be fine, and a nice solid season will be here.

A sh!t showing and he'll be working at Home Depot next year; hope this fact isn't lost on him. Then again, it might add even more pressure, so not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing at this point...........

Why all the hostility towards Home Depot workers on this board? Sheesh.

I don't think Cassell is gonna ligh tit up or something, but he has a chance to be solid cos he has a real good team around him. All he has to do is manage the game and get the ball to Moss/Welker between handoffs.

Last edited:
Cassel-a-mania will be running wild all over America.

I could think of a couple a million reasons...

Kinda like with anderson, bird in hand. If creatively structured to be both financially affordable, eminently tradeable and personally rewarding....

Anderson got a $7 million signing bonus. IMO, that is more than a couple of million.

Anderson got a $7 million signing bonus. IMO, that is more than a couple of million.

I don't think it would take that much to sign Cassel in season. Remember, Anderson was named the starter not because a HOF got knocked out for a season, but because Quinn held out and the guy starting over both of them sucked so bad they traded him, and he was retained because he won and they were not sure what they had behind him for 2008 and beyond because Quinn held out (and also ended up screwed and tradeable with an incentive laden contract tied to playing time incentives he can't meet...).

If they gave Cassel $3M up front for a 3 year extension sometime this season with option language/escalators tied to future starts and triggered by a trade and dotted with roster bonusus to incentivize their making a trade if he's not starting here they could spread that over 4 years and trade him in 2009 or before 2010 depending on Brady's return and O'Connell's development. It would probably beat the hell out of what he'd have been looking at as a 2009 FA QB just a week ago. And he'd still be in line for a real starters deal in 2010-11 either way if he made it. That would protect them against Brady missing time in 2009 and make him a valuable trading chip going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe