PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cassel can relax until March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Johnson had 108 career passes, 1 TD, 3 INT when he was traded for.
Scott Mitchell had 241 career passes, 12 TD, 9 INT when he was traded for.
AJ Feely had 141 career passes, 8 TD, 8 INT when he was traded for.

Matt Cassel has 555 career passes, 23 TD, 13 INT.

A little different track record.

if you want to split hairs, sure.........which is probably why you left out bledsoes numbers

if you want to split hairs, sure.........which is probably why you left out bledsoes numbers
It's hardly splitting hairs. I left Bledsoe out because he's a totally different case, not an up and coming "prospect" where you hope for growth like the others.

It's hardly splitting hairs. I left Bledsoe out because he's a totally different case, not an up and coming "prospect" where you hope for growth like the others.

Also, anyone who thinks Bledsoe didn't work out for Buffalo needs to adjust their definition, and that includes Ralph Wilson if he's still fool enough to think Bledsoe was the problem:

Pre Bledsoe, the Bills went 3-13.

With Bledsoe, the Bills went 8-8, 6-10 and 9-7 even with such an enormous draft bust as Michael Williams trying to get the quarterback killed

Post Bledsoe, the Bills went 5-11 and have not had more than 7 wins since. You have to go back to the days of Doug Flutie in Buffalo (1998-1999) to find a season with more than the 9 wins achieved under Bledsoe.

If you want to see why Buffalo has failed, take a look at this list:

http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=BUF&lg=nfl

Last edited:

Sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking when they make comments...:confused:

Bledsoe entering his 10th year in the league is just a tad bit different then Mitchell etc... who were career backups that teams took a gamble on.

Thanks for fighting the good fight BelichickFan!

Reminds me of my argument with a guy a few months back who stated he would rather have Rosenfels, Schaub, Carr or Colllins over Cassel. :confused:

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to wonder what people are thinking when they make comments...:confused:

Bledsoe entering his 10th year in the league is just a tad bit different then Mitchell etc... who were career backups that teams took a gamble on.

Thanks for fighting the good fight BelichickFan!

Reminds me of my argument with a guy a few months back you stated he would rather have Rosenfels, Schaub, Carr or Colllins over Cassel. :confused:

I remember those threads. One thread still had someone wanting the Sage man even after his Gas-pipe games. Brilliant!

I remember those threads. One thread still had someone wanting the Sage man even after his Gas-pipe games. Brilliant!

Yes...Brilliant! He stuck by it even after I broke out the career stats of every QB (except Collins) in his list...oh and Sage, given he only started 5 games at that point over multiple seasons.

To the dudes credit he did come back after Matt's first 400 yard game and admit he was wrong.

If I'm a team with a system other than the one Cassel already knows, no doubt I take Schaub over him. Those other guys, no way.

As for Quinn mentioned earlier, I think he'll be fine. (And no, I didn't think that about Anderson)

If I'm a team with a system other than the one Cassel already knows, no doubt I take Schaub over him. Those other guys, no way.
I think it's close between Cassel and Schaub. The latter has also had good skill guys to work with and has been a lot more injury prone than Cassel. He's solid though.

As for Quinn mentioned earlier, I think he'll be fine. (And no, I didn't think that about Anderson)

I disagree and here is why: In two years as a starter (has yet to start more than 11 games in a season) he has 24 TD's to 19 INT's.

That doesn't mean the trade COULDN'T happen, just that it didn't. Most likely the Ravens didn't want an unhappy player, fine.

While unlikely, you are correct, he could be traded with a one year contract. The other factor though is the reciving team needs to have the cap space, and that will severely limit the choices.

But to say that a team would never want to pay a large one-season-only contract for a QB to roll the dice is contradicted by this season's Jets. It could happen. Probably won't.

The ONLY way Cassel ends up with JETS is if Tuna ends up back there. He would be the only reason anybody in JETS front office would even think about trying to lure him away from PATS. JETS have qb issues but they won't go hunting in backyard for solution. Like I said if TUNA somehow ends up back in the fold then yes I would start worrying because Parcells will make sure the one upmanship remains between us and them.

I'm not trying to be a problem here but that doesn't dispute that a trade COULD be made, just that Baltimore only wanted it with an extension. Maybe we wouldn't find a team to trade a tiny something for Cassel for one year at the Franchise number hoping he's change his mind and sign long term. But it's not impossible, that's all I'm saying.

All Spacecrime said was that the " Pats simply cannot force a trade against his will". I just pointed out an example in support of Spacecrime's point.

But to say that a team would never want to pay a large one-season-only contract for a QB to roll the dice is contradicted by this season's Jets.

The Jets wanted Favre. Favre wanted to go to the Jets. Those conditions are not covered by Spacecrime's point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe