PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carter and Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter was actually a four star recruit out of high school also. He had offers from some bigger schools but chose Central Arkansas to be close to home. He came to Central Arkansas as a te/wr. Seems to have the measurables and the few write ups there are on him mention his ability to read defenses. Speaks to his football smarts

Williams had 14 solo tackles and 7 assisted tackles in 25 games at TCU. Not that tackles mean a lot.

I believe he was primarily a special teams demon. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for Carter, he's a project. He doesn't seem to have a lot of explosion (1.71 10 yard split) but he has good strength based on his vertical (35 1/2") and his Broad Jump (10'01). He also seems to be the prototypical size (6'4 3/9) and weight (252) that we fans have bandied around for the past 6-8 years. One bonus for his is that he's got 34-in. long arms.. So, while he may get cut, I would expect him to be brought back to the practice squad.

If guys like Pierre Woods and Michael Redd can make the bottom of our roster or the PS squad, I would believe Carter has the potential to at least do as much or more. He could turn into a pleasant surprise. Who knows. Low expectations but you never know. At least he fits the physical requirements of a BB outside linebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST