PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

captain my captain Andrews

Wow. Helluva question.

Based on your criteria it would have to be him.

Malcolm and JC are a 1B

Jon Jones, Mike Wright, Randall Gay, Bolden, Adam Butler, Meyers, Gunner and Jakob are in that Tier 3.

There may be some others i'm missing.
Stephen Neal is up there. Law firm, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, has to be in there too.

Stephen Neal is up there. Law firm, Benjarvus Green-Ellis, has to be in there too.
I knew I was forgetting someone.

1000yd runner as a UFA. Absolutely. Crazy.

Stephen Neal was a vastly underrated player here. Willie Mac- who was the baddest of the bad on the team is on record as saying Neal is not someone he would mess with. That speaks volumes about him as a player.

Prepare yourself for disappointment on the Davis pick (and you might be pleasantly surprised again)..
First, i dont think Pats will be drafting high enough, secondly, they rarely draft same position back to back esp. if they hit, thirdly, they have all three starting DL playing well and signed through 2022 (plus two solid rotational DLs as well).
Bill does love beef at LOS so stranger things have happened..

Id be surprised & disappointed though if at least one Bulldog is not added in the Draft next yr..
Yeah, I agree, especially if Davis continues to shine. Was ranked as the 9th best DT in college earlier, which would make him an easy grab. Now I see he's as high as #2 on some lists.

If he slips, though, and there's no top LB, CB, or maybe WR, available, I'd love to see the Pats grab him. I just love the kid, and he loves football.

Love that we've never heard his name this year, and I can't remember if we ever did. That's what you want from an offensive lineman. You never want to hear their names during a game.

Just off the top of my head, but he might be the least-penalized member of the OL, especially on a per-snap basis...

As great of a signing that he was - with all important things you mentioned - CB is such a prime position that JC and even M.Butler are higher value signings.

PS
Its really uncanny how highly drafted DBs did not turn out well in NE and amazing success with UDFA DBs they had on the other side:
2rd picks: Richards (2015), Cyrus (2016), Dawson (2018), JoJu (2019)
UDFAs: M.Butler (2014), Coleman (2015), Jon Jones (2016), JC (2018)

Ironically - if they would just be picked the other way around people would hail drafter Bill..

Or, better still, if Bill had made actual rational picks there and still signed those UDFAs...

Stephen Neal was a vastly underrated player here. Willie Mac- who was the baddest of the bad on the team is on record as saying Neal is not someone he would mess with. That speaks volumes about him as a player.

When healthy, Stephen Neal might've been the best RG we've had here over the past 20 years...

Yes on Stephen Neal. Great story, great player. When he had to leave the game in the 2007 Super Bowl the OLINE collapsed.

Or, better still, if Bill had made actual rational picks there and still signed those UDFAs...

i like a bit of madness to the method myself

honestly Bill wants versatility (incl ST) and IQ esp in DBs - that is legit looking at how different Pats D looks week after week and the attrition factor as well if you want to be competitive in January.

hitting on this is not so easy - if you do you look like 4d chess genius if you dont you look like a fool

Last edited:
Offensive linemen tend to be very organized, focused, workman like.

It's great to see they can release their inner psycho as well.

Neal for the win. Neal never played college football, he was a world class free style wrestler.....one heck of a UDFA.
I'm just glad that the Patriots were able to steal Neal back from the Eagles. Neal had been in TC with the Pats in 2001. They waived him. He signed with the Eagles but the Pats brought Neal back signing him to their 53 man roster in time for the SB run.

I do have to give Andrews credit. He FINALLYT picked up the late man coming in on a stunt from the right side. I was pleasantly surprised and made note of it in the game day thread.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back