PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we acquire Stefon Diggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people need to ask themselves why the other team would want to trade a good player. The Vikings are 2-2 and are in a fight for their division. Doesn’t make much sense to get rid of him now.

I think people need to ask themselves why the other team would want to trade a good player. The Vikings are 2-2 and are in a fight for their division. Doesn’t make much sense to get rid of him now.

Also the Vikes WR situation is woeful after Thielen/Diggs I don't get it either.:confused: Seems like somebody is blowing smoke out their you know what with this rumor.

Last edited:

Well, the guy obviously doesn't want to be there. I mean why would the Raiders release AB? Plus if the guy is going to be a distraction it could be addition by subtraction for them.

Last edited:
Also the Vikes WR situation is woeful after Thielen/Diggs I don't get it either.:confused: Seems like somebody is blowing some out their you know what with this rumor.
He hates Cousins they are not getting along he is frustrated with losing.
When the receiver has no faith in the QB one of the two need moved.
We can get Diggs for a first because Minnesota will take the loss on Diggs for a first because they know they need to grab one of the top QBs next draft.
Kirk Cousins time looks up.

He hates Cousins they are not getting along he is frustrated with losing.
When the receiver has no faith in the QB one of the two need moved.
We can get Diggs for a first because Minnesota will take the loss on Diggs for a first because they know they need to grab one of the top QBs next draft.
Kirk Cousins time looks up.
They should trade Cousins instead.

They need help at the position. Losing AB, JE dinged up, M
They should trade Cousins instead.

Agree they should but if I remember correctly his contract is beyond ridiculous. No team will trade for him.

As he has a multi year contract, it would be easy. Just drop his salary to the league minimum, move the rest to signing bonus and spread it across the life of the contract. Trading for him (would cost no less than a #1 IMO) and whether you want the big salary cap hits later is up for discussion but we can do it. Much easier than, say, Sanders, who has no years left so there's nothing to spread a restructure across.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but no it is not that easy. The Pats would need the cap space for his current salary in order to even make the trade. They can't just adjust his salary if he is on another team. They have to create the space first. That is not easy because it won't be done with just one of our guys. It is a domino effect on the future cap.

Because deep down in their souls, MIN knows they have NO shot at winning anything this year.

Last edited:
He'll be a bargain once the Ravens extend Lamar Flippin Jackson for $50 mil/yr.

You may as well draft a QB and pay him on a rookie contract. With the rules in place that favor QBs, you will likely get the same production.

Last edited:
Stefon Diggs’ Cryptic Tweet Has Patriots Fans Going Absolutely Nuts

According to sportrac, his salary is $8.5 million. So that would be around 6 million for the rest the season. He's seems desperate to want to get out of Minnesota....this would be a very Bill-like move - take a chance on a disgruntled player with a lot of talent.
Because deep down in their souls, they know they have NO shot at winning anything this year.

Cousins.......Diggs? No shot. You have a receiver who had "AB esque" ability in Rishard Higgins of the Browns who is sitting behind OBJ and Landry. He's a little nicked right now but he would sit a week or two anyway learning.
6'1" 198 be 25 this week. Antonio Callawy is coming back from his 4 game League vacation so maybe a shot. His CAP is only$ 2.3mm.

Can't-Miss Play: Hollywood Higgins! WR's herculean effort earns TD

39 receptions last year and 4 TDs. Almost 15 yards per catch

Strengths
Has sink into his breaks and comes out with enough juice for workable separation. Possesses decent run after the catch talent. All-day hands catcher with good extension who saw substantial improvement with his battle against focus drops. Focuses like a laser when tracking the deep ball. Understands how to work late separation along sideline through leverage. Always on top of his high-point game as a downfield pass catcher. Subtle in his routes but able to get corners leaning.

AB traits?

Rashard Higgins converts on fourth down with one-handed catch

Mesquite basketball team, where he averaged 17 points per game. He also excelled in track & field at Mesquite. At the 2013 District Meet, he took fourth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 22.76 seconds, while also placing seventh in the long jump with a leap of 6.68 meters (21 ft, 8 in).[2] He posted a personal-best time of 53.48 seconds in the 400-meter dash

He got Drafted in the 5th because of a slow 4.6 40 but the kid is faster than advertised.

You might have a shot to get this guy and only 25. Perhaps the 32 year old
Sanders but who has a CAP of about $11mm.

DW Toys

Also the Vikes WR situation is woeful after Thielen/Diggs I don't get it either.:confused: Seems like somebody is blowing smoke out their you know what with this rumor.

Cousins has been a trainwreck. 3 total passing TDs. 6 sacks vs the Bears.

They have been running the ball more with Cooks. An average of 155 rushing yards per game. Through 4 games 119 attempts - 621 yards - 8 TDs.

God, another WR ***********. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. You guys want to give up a #1 for a disgruntled WR who is on a team that is thin at WR and in the middle of a realistic fight for a divisional crown. To do it we'd have to forfeit potential cap space that could have been applied to resign guys like Brady, Thuney, Collins and DMcCourty etc. I get it. A WR is much more important than any of those guys. :rolleyes:

Thanks to DWToys for providing a least a semblance of sanity for those who feel the CONTINUAL need for adding more WR's. If you are looking for more quickness and separation, Higgins would be at least a more realistic kind of addition. But in a way his description sounds a lot like Meridith, who we already have. :eek:

Is Steffan Diggs a superior player to Stefon Diggs? If so, count me in!

God, another WR ***********. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. You guys want to give up a #1 for a disgruntled WR who is on a team that is thin at WR and in the middle of a realistic fight for a divisional crown. To do it we'd have to forfeit potential cap space that could have been applied to resign guys like Brady, Thuney, Collins and DMcCourty etc. I get it. A WR is much more important than any of those guys. :rolleyes:

Thanks to DWToys for providing a least a semblance of sanity for those who feel the CONTINUAL need for adding more WR's. If you are looking for more quickness and separation, Higgins would be at least a more realistic kind of addition. But in a way his description sounds a lot like Meridith, who we already have. :eek:

The thought of adding Diggs was not pulled out of thin air, like it was in the AJ Green thread. There are a few rumors out there that the Pats and Vikings are in discussions. That's why it's legitimate discussion topic.

If he can be had the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference