PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton talks about Shoulder Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Cam Newton talks about his shoulder injury... saying he hasnt been healthy since 2016

Bonus footage in there... you get to see Adam Butler cause his ankle injury...

tumblr_lr4goexwqx1qewhjpo1_400.gifv

Felt like I just watched a BIG/Puff Dady video.

Glad he got it scoped this off-season....

I cannot stand when players talk about injuries. Ben always did this, to the point one time he was saying he had an injury and the team was like, no you didnt. Guys want to play the drama angle and the excuse angle. Hate that. You practically had to shove bamboo shoots up Brady's fingernails to get anything about injuries out of him.

I cannot stand when players talk about injuries. Ben always did this, to the point one time he was saying he had an injury and the team was like, no you didnt. Guys want to play the drama angle and the excuse angle. Hate that. You practically had to shove bamboo shoots up Brady's fingernails to get anything about injuries out of him.
Ben who?

I don’t like any of this either but it is in our interest for him to be a much improved player. As a fan, I’d love to see real competition for the position.
In a perfect world Cam would play well for a full season allowing Mac to have a red shirt season & develop and learn the position...

Unfortunately, we don't really live in a perfect world

In a perfect world Cam would play well for a full season allowing Mac to have a red shirt season & develop and learn the position...

Unfortunately, we don't really live in a perfect world

I don't know why people say this.

It's most likely that Mac Jones isn't a Hall of Fame QB, but a system one who can win with the right players. That benefit lasts four years (yes there's a 5th year option, but as an example Isiah Wynn's cap triples next year.)

It seems to me the Pats might have the right players now. Why give up one of those four years if Mac Jones is ready. All indications are that he has the intangibles a rookie QB needs. The question is how good is he?

Except for being on the team who took him Jones seems to have the smallest upside of the 5 QB's taken in the first round. One of his qualities that stood out was "ready made." If all this is true why does Jones sit in a perfect world?

Why?

Because we have seen many first round qbs without the benefit of learning get thrown in there, fail to execute, fail to learn because they are getting curb stomped, get hurt, etc...

I don't know why people say this.

It's most likely that Mac Jones isn't a Hall of Fame QB, but a system one who can win with the right players.
Every qb who ever played is a "system" qb.
Marino,Montana,Unitas,Mahomes,Brady -all system qbs.
Its the most misused term in football.

Every qb who ever played is a "system" qb.
Marino,Montana,Unitas,Mahomes,Brady -all system qbs.
Its the most misused term in football.

Ok then whatever the term nobody expects Mac Jones is them.

And I know nobody expected them either.

The odds are just heavily against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing