Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuma

2035 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
PatsFans.com Supporter

Pats1971

On the Game Day Roster
I cannot stand when players talk about injuries. Ben always did this, to the point one time he was saying he had an injury and the team was like, no you didnt. Guys want to play the drama angle and the excuse angle. Hate that. You practically had to shove bamboo shoots up Brady's fingernails to get anything about injuries out of him.

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
I don’t like any of this either but it is in our interest for him to be a much improved player. As a fan, I’d love to see real competition for the position.
In a perfect world Cam would play well for a full season allowing Mac to have a red shirt season & develop and learn the position...

Unfortunately, we don't really live in a perfect world

Family

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
In a perfect world Cam would play well for a full season allowing Mac to have a red shirt season & develop and learn the position...

Unfortunately, we don't really live in a perfect world

I don't know why people say this.

It's most likely that Mac Jones isn't a Hall of Fame QB, but a system one who can win with the right players. That benefit lasts four years (yes there's a 5th year option, but as an example Isiah Wynn's cap triples next year.)

It seems to me the Pats might have the right players now. Why give up one of those four years if Mac Jones is ready. All indications are that he has the intangibles a rookie QB needs. The question is how good is he?

Except for being on the team who took him Jones seems to have the smallest upside of the 5 QB's taken in the first round. One of his qualities that stood out was "ready made." If all this is true why does Jones sit in a perfect world?

Pape

In the Starting Line-Up
Why?

Because we have seen many first round qbs without the benefit of learning get thrown in there, fail to execute, fail to learn because they are getting curb stomped, get hurt, etc...

jimnance

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I don't know why people say this.

It's most likely that Mac Jones isn't a Hall of Fame QB, but a system one who can win with the right players.
Every qb who ever played is a "system" qb.
Marino,Montana,Unitas,Mahomes,Brady -all system qbs.
Its the most misused term in football.

Family

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Every qb who ever played is a "system" qb.
Marino,Montana,Unitas,Mahomes,Brady -all system qbs.
Its the most misused term in football.

Ok then whatever the term nobody expects Mac Jones is them.

And I know nobody expected them either.

The odds are just heavily against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.