PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton feeling the love Tom Brady never did

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrible article. Brady was the most beloved player among Patriot fans and he got lots of love !!
Will forever love him for what he did here for 20 years, I have moved on as I am a Patriot fan first and foremost but I will always have the highest regard for Tom.

Great article clickbait title. I love his nickname for Edelman -- "Highway 11"

I won't read any more stories about Tom Brady's emotional state. The media's perpetuating of the Brady vs. Groppolo vs. Gurrero vs. Belichick vs. Kraft soap opera ruined the last three years of Patriots football. Since SB51, the only time I've really enjoyed this team was during the unexpected 2018 Super Bowl run. Now, after he's joined the NFLs retirement home in Tampa, they still try to jam the narrative into our throats? I won't have it.

Brady's the best ever. I hope he succeeds in Tampa and retires, well, not on the top of the mountain because that's our turf, but solidly on the mountain. Other than that I'm over it.

Garbage click-bait title.

But I did find this quote encouraging -

Even more reassuring, Newton is satisfied with the receivers on the Patriots roster.

“The answers are in that locker room. Simple and plain,” Newton told WEEI’s audience. “We got Little Bud, Doughboy, Highway 11, and MyGerms. We good to go. Let me rewind that. We have Damiere Byrd, N’Keal Harry, Julian Edelman and Jakobi Meyers.”

The Herald? Karen G is the only respectable writer over there that I read.

I will always love TB, but for the first time in 20 years...I have missed snaps...and I kinda am not feeling it even if I thought I would be a Bucs fan.....I still watch, but only on RedZone....and national TV. Just cannot get into it that much...which surprised me.

I absolutely love what I have seen from Cam thus far...exceeded my expectations even and I was already high on him. I was thinking playoffs...now I am thinking Super Bowl 55 is within reach.

The Herald? Karen G is the only respectable writer over there that I read.

I will always love TB, but for the first time in 20 years...I have missed snaps...and I kinda am not feeling it even if I thought I would be a Bucs fan.....I still watch, but only on RedZone....and national TV. Just cannot get into it that much...which surprised me. It is nice though knowing the BB haters have been silenced for good. This ain’t an 0-16 caliber team and Belichick doesn’t suck without Brady like you badly wanted him to. Sorry.

I absolutely love what I have seen from Cam thus far...exceeded my expectations even and I was already high on him. I was thinking playoffs...now I am thinking Super Bowl 55 is within reach.

Me too. I think they have a long way to go though before we think SB contender. It’s only week 3, other teams haven’t really had the opportunity to figure this offense out yet but they will eventually and then BB will have to adjust. Also this schedule is really hard. They could have a clunker on Sunday who knows.

As for the Bucs I’m with you. Their QB was interesting but now... meh. He’s not playing well enough to be a must watch. Not a top 10 QB in the league right now and there are other QBs that are better, more exciting and more worth my time to watch.

Last edited:
Me too. I think they have a long way to go though before we think SB contender. It’s only week 3, other teams haven’t really had the opportunity to figure this offense out yet but they will eventually and then BB will have to adjust. Also this schedule is really hard. They could have a clunker on Sunday who knows.

As for the Bucs I’m with you. Their QB was interesting but now... meh. He’s not playing well enough to be a must watch. Not a top 10 QB in the league right now and there are other QBs that are better, more exciting and more worth my time to watch.

I think Brady and Gronk are about to start heating up.....but yeah...I am not likely to watch every snap. I am still rooting for them...but not "on the edge of my seat" rooting though.

Reactions: sb1
Brady? That guy who played a little bit after Bledsoe got hurt?

Brady? That guy who played a little bit after Bledsoe got hurt?
thumb_little-bit-little-bit-memegenerator-net-images-of-robert-de-niro-50964569.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes