PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Ridley? No thanks. (EDIT: Signs With Titans)

By punting I mean their selection if Brissett as UFA qb. They are not going to seriously compete with himas qb this year.
To me punting means it will be a bridge year.
When there is a rising qb, that is when they will overpay for WR
Sort of the perfect situation. No reason to overpay for a QB that wouldn’t be long-term. Maybe Brissett wins a bunch of games and the rookie comes in midseason and they make a run, you never know. But Brissett is sort of better than another free agent since there’s no learning curve with Van Pelt and these guys can hit the ground running.

Ted Washington allowed them to move Seymour to DE (who was solid as a rookie playing NT in the 3-4).
They actually were a 4-3 in 2001 after the failed attempt early in the season to run a 3-4. But yes, Seymour was the NT in that scheme in 2001.

This is why they signed Colvin, drafted Warren and traded for Washington in 2003.

No idea where you’re getting that impression. They were aggressively in on him and offered the most until he leveraged us against both Jacksonville and Tennessee and the Titans overpaid. Again, he used New England to get that deal - he was never coming here. But Wolf absolutely went all-in. And I’m sure he’s frustrated that Ridley wasted their time.
Problem with being transparent is that sometimes you get used...

“Yeah, in some ways. But I think that’s kind of free agency as a whole. Teams can put their best recruiting pitch on and, at the end of the day, a lot of the times, they’ll go to whoever is offering them the most money.”

(Imho, he wasn't really... I'm gonna assume he knows how the game [theory] is played.)

Regarding the Patriots having Ridley as their primary plan at WR, and now scrambling to their back up plans: 1710373412467.png

How do you all feel about Tyler Boyd

Regarding the Patriots having Ridley as their primary plan at WR, and now scrambling to their back up plans: View attachment 57041
We (irrational imho - no offense to others of my ilk) MHJ people still have their dream alive!

Surprisingly rational me wants a Tackle in the 6-10 range.

As Perry stated
Trading Mac and signing Brissette
Looks like they are going QB at 3
Has to be Maye or Daniels

Get a WR or OLine in 2nd and a WR in FA
OL or WR in 3rd and get a few OLine FA’s

Ouch!

Who the hell are we going to spend all this money on? lol, but seriously, we have too much money and not enough takers.
No need to overspend if we don't see the value. We don't have to spend it all this year. It can be rolled over into next year.

we have too much money and not enough takers.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Thornton just breathe a sigh of relief atleast he'll be in TC. :rolleyes:

After Today Ridley is my least Favorite player in the NFL I wish him all the best. :mad:

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Guys like CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Amon-Ra St. Brown and Ja'Marr Chase must be laughing themselves silly right now. Get the Brinks Trucks ready.

I can’t believe we were going to pay him 22 mil/year

I bet he does well in that Titans offense, although it's a bit of a gamble with their QB and new staff, but he should be all-in for that amount of money, even if the odds are he can flop there

Guys like CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, Amon-Ra St. Brown and Ja'Marr Chase must be laughing themselves silly right now. Get the Brinks Trucks ready.
After QB on Offense it's WR that's the new NFL believe that.

Ridley got 92m over 4 years so 23m AAV.

Like I said Evans set the market when he signed for 26m per year with Tampa Bay.

Guess the Patriots didn't want to burn that much cash.

Either that or they switched their target to the Charger's Williams.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back