PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Ridley? No thanks. (EDIT: Signs With Titans)

Returning to football.... I agree 100% with those saying Ridley is just using NE as a bargaining chip with Jax. He ain't coming here whether we want him or not.
Or he's using Jax as a bargaining chip to force NE to up its offer, as his agent is famous for using the media to get the most money for his clients. If he goes back to Jax, I doubt it's for as much as we're offering.

And then only half the games are taxed in your home team's state. So we're talking about 8 or 9 games here.
So they would have to top Jax offer by 5% or so for him to break even. I think he's using the Pats to squeeze Jax.

We have no idea what motivates the thousands of professional athletes out there, but let the record show I was referencing one specific athlete who (according to reports) has the choice between MA and FL, and is already leaning FL. It is not unreasonable to think the Patriots would have to significantly overpay to lure him.

Entirely fair.

And, in this case, given his history and his own statements, I'd be disinclined to want him on the team at that exorbitant price.

Ridley is going back the J'Ville so stand down fellas. Sorry I didn't know how to make the screenshots any larger. :rofl::rofl: View attachment 57005View attachment 57006
That's been my reasoning as for why Ridley is not only staying in Jacksonville, but that it's a done deal. They will have him sign it when doing so means they only have to send Atlanta a 3rd round pick instead of a 2nd.

It’s looking increasingly likely that we’ll have gone 3 years without upgrading the receiver position which is one of our absolute biggest needs. What is wrong with this front office? Get a goddamn receiver, make it happen.

There’s been enough of the “almost signed him”, “we tried to get him” crap.

Last edited:
It’s looking increasingly like 3 years we’ve gone of not upgrading the receiver position which is one of our absolute biggest needs. What is wrong with this front office? Get a goddamn receiver, make it happen.

There’s been enough of the “almost signed him”, “we tried”.
Too cheap for Hopkins last year. Too cheap for Ridley this year?

Too cheap for Hopkins last year. Too cheap for Ridley this year?
We could have had Hopkins for sure and we can get Ridley if we want him. And now in the draft we will again wait until the late second/third round to toss another dart for a receiver. Maybe just maybe we won’t walk away with another Tyquan Thornton.

Let’s keep doing the same thing over and over.

We could have had Hopkins for sure and we can get Ridley if we want him. And now in the draft we will again wait until the late second/third round to toss another dart for a receiver. Maybe just maybe we won’t walk away with another Tyquan Thornton.

I’m not too worried about losing out on him. June 1st cuts always seem to make players available that weren’t there in free agency.

Difference is, while other teams are trying to get their rookies signed and scrounging to make it work, the Pats will have a lot of money left over to make some good signings. At this point there is no I don’t want to play for this or that team. It’s more like, I need a job or I’m unemployed. Where do I sign?

Still a long way to go with the draft, free agency and shocking wavers hopefully.

Why dont the Pats get a clue and draft the next T Higgins?

The Bengals would at 34.
Higgins is going to cost you at least a first rounder. I would consider paying him top receiver money, but not top receiver money and a first round draft pick. If the Pats are going to have to give up that much. I would just try to manipulate the draft and see if they could move around to get a top WR in the draft.
troy franklin at 34

Screw you Ridley... Mike Williams is the guy I want now he ain't getting 32Mill this year. :cool:

Screw you Ridley... Mike Williams is the guy I want now he ain't getting 32Mill this year. :cool:

I believe Williams is also coming off an ACL tear so would that impact his value ?

I believe Williams is also coming off an ACL tear so would that impact his value ?
Hell yeah great for us he should be healed by now he's very similar to Ridley production wise but less of a headcase.

It takes two to tango. Saying that we could have had Hopkins or Ridley or whomever doesn't take into account that there has to be mutual interest.

It takes two to tango. Saying that we could have had Hopkins or Ridley or whomever doesn't take into account that there has to be mutual interest.
“Takes two to tango”. I’ve read this several times now about different subjects in FA. I suppose this is our new line to excuse our ownership and front office for failing to acquire talent?

Those who wouldn't want Calvin Ridley I am sure you'll love the upside of Juju and Tyquan Thornton. :rolleyes:
He could not possibly be worse than those two. Sign the beast!

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back