PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Ridley? No thanks. (EDIT: Signs With Titans)

Ridley turns 30 this season.

55% catch rate last season isnt that hot.

Was his catch rate his fault of Lawrence's? One of the most underplayed stories last year was how much Lawrence fell off especially in the second half of last season. Christian Kirk only had a 67% catch rate which isn't spectacular either. And Zay Jones had a 53% catch rate. Only Engram had a good catch percentage at nearly 80%.

Personally, I would look to see what top WR might be traded this year. I think there are several top WRs who could be traded from Adams in Vegas to Aiyuk in San Fran. Hell, AJ Brown seems to want out of Philly (although I don't know if they would cave to him).

Higgins is going to cost you at least a first rounder. I would consider paying him top receiver money, but not top receiver money and a first round draft pick. If the Pats are going to have to give up that much. I would just try to manipulate the draft and see if they could move around to get a top WR in the draft.
In any case...worth a phone call...

Was his catch rate his fault of Lawrence's? One of the most underplayed stories last year was how much Lawrence fell off especially in the second half of last season. Christian Kirk only had a 67% catch rate which isn't spectacular either. And Zay Jones had a 53% catch rate. Only Engram had a good catch percentage at nearly 80%.
67% is what you're looking for. Not great?
What have you been watching?

Engram and Kirk caught the ball, but Ridley didn't. Another JuJu.

Glad your name ain't Wolf or Mayo now ride on cowboy there is nothing else to see .
You think his head is fully in the game now and worth a big contract despite the history of the last three years, taking into account that the Patriots are in a multi-year rebuild and likely uncompetitive for several years? You have one season out of three to point to. Based on the information publicly available, I wouldn't take the risk given where the team is now. I'm sure they will vet him and make the right decision, whatever that is. We both have legitimate reasons for our positions, but only one of us is being arrogant and rude.

I would rather they spend about 12 a year to bring in Mooney or just wait until after the draft. I can't make up my mind though

He is a potential draft day trade. I don’t think the Vikings want to pay him.
I don't think the Pats would pay him either. However if they worked out something where he'd play on his final year and the Pats get 3 1sts I'd probably trade back.

Tbf, this year looks like a bridge year why spend money on weapons. Try out boutte, Thornton and a rookie and see if 1 or 2 can pan out. Splurge on wr 1 next year with the rollover cap .
6a492190-ee69-495e-8adc-732ee4c0e9a0_text.gif

67% is what you're looking for. Not great?
What have you been watching?

Engram and Kirk caught the ball, but Ridley didn't. Another JuJu.
You know what's sad is Juju's catch% was 77% the year before the Pats.

Tbf, this year looks like a bridge year why spend money on weapons. Try out boutte, Thornton and a rookie and see if 1 or 2 can pan out. Splurge on wr 1 next year with the rollover cap .
We'll see Wolfie: “I think there’s going to be more reliance on playing young players.”

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back