PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call me what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put very little stock in this AFC and NFC brotherhood thing. For me, it's as interesting as rooting for the red team at the Pro Bowl.

I'm much more interested in having the team that plays smashmouth win, since I generally don't want to see the NFL go the way of the NBA, celebrating finesse at the expense of the game's historical appeal.

No thanks, Bears for me, even though I fully expect this to be a Colts blowout because Peyton is so good.

I do think the Colts defense is a fraud however.

Hell, people shouldn't want the Colts to win, based on the fact that the Pats would likely have to face the Colts in the Season Opener in Indy, while raising their banner. Not exactly an inviting scenario for the first game of the year.

Hell, people shouldn't want the Colts to win, based on the fact that the Pats would likely have to face the Colts in the Season Opener in Indy, while raising their banner. Not exactly an inviting scenario for the first game of the year.

Yet so beautiful if the Pats won it.

If they win, they will indeed be royalty, as we are when we win.

They are already considered royalty in many circles without winning. Here's to the coronation being cancelled.

AFC, NFC who gives a sh_t. There is never a good reason to want your #1 rival to win. You can write a 12 page thread, and you still wouldnt convince me. This isnt about 2 leauges its about 2 teams, and one is our rival. The one you should never find an excuse to root for.

I do not want the Colts to win under ANY circusmstances. They shouldn't be there to begin with, but that is besides the point. Their GM has got to be the most arrogant piece of garbage outside of Al Davis. Not only that, but when his teams LOSE to better teams, he goes whining to the league. Its disgusting and one can only hope that Gooddall will tell him to stow it.

* The GM and the owner that slipped his team away from thier fans in the middle of the night. Now there's an owner that cares about his teams fans, huh? Usually I root for the AFC team unless its Miami, Denver or now the Colts. Unless it's one of those 3 against the Rams or Redskins then I don't care who wins. It would take too long to explain that -:) Go Bears...

My mom said if I don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, so I'll just call you Miguel.

yeah, if the dolts win...

If they win, they will indeed be royalty, as we are when we win.

if they do, they'll preen and talk trash for a year, just as we and our boys have done for 3 of the past 6.
they're entitled.
i got serious issues with reche, but we didn't lose that game, they won it. that is a truly explosive offense. no way was 21 points gonna win, and we all knew it.
i did not think allocating that much money to a QB would allow the franchise to sign enuf good players. that was part of my contempt for ol' peyton. but now they done gone and done it.
hey, in the afc, the road to the SB still goes thru new england.
we need some LBs and some top flight WRs.
BB/SP still have to answer for letting both branch and giivens go, and saddling their QB with mediocre wideouts. had twig/givens been there, reche woulda been on the bench (if that), not dropping a pass that hit him in the navel.

The loathing for this excellent Colts team astonishes me.
Gentlemen ... dudes ... friends, what has become of your appreciation of
top notch football?

When it comes to loathing Bill Polian, i stand behind no one.
But he is the only negative.
Of course, we all are in awe of their offense.
But what i admire most of all in Indy ... is how - in crunch time - they
suddenly taught themselves how to defend the run.

Beyond my respect for how well they play the game, however, i want them to win so that
in April they'll draft last seven times ...
in the offseason their halo-effected free agents will seem worth more than the Colts can pay ...
next season every team on their schedule brings their A-game against Indy
and most of all
... next season the parity-crazed, "outcomes-managing" NFL hq can ease off
on all those subtle signals to their zebras
that it would be so good for the game if only Tony and Peyton can win One.

Let THIS rain-lashed one in Miami be The One
so the officials can get back to calling 'em as they sees 'em!

Peyton's mug on tv and Dungy infusing the sport with religion is enough to make me want to the Bears to win. I don't expect them too, but I am rooting for them. The one consolation is that if the Colts beat the Bears, we can claim to be the second best team in the NFL, while if the Bears win, then it's clear we're the third best!

Doesn't this victory validate our playoff wins against essentially the same team? It seems to me that our 20-3 victory in Foxboro not too long ago is no longer an example of a great team beating up on a perennial choker. We beat a future Superbowl MVP there. What if Manning was destined to be the Michael Jordan of Football right up until he ran into us and ended up just barely scraping one out for his career?

And yes I can find a positive side to anything that happens.

Re: yeah, if the dolts win...

BB/SP still have to answer for letting both branch and giivens go, and saddling their QB with mediocre wideouts. had twig/givens been there, reche woulda been on the bench (if that), not dropping a pass that hit him in the navel.

:rolleyes:

No, they don't have to answer for Branch.

Givens, just maybe. But not Branch.

mgteich you are a ******* traiterous *****.

There I called you what I want.

:)

It is indeed your right and priviledge.

mgteich you are a ******* traiterous *****.

There I called you what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore