PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Byron Leftwich top of the list on some HC candidate lists

I have no idea what you are talking about. Byron Leftwich is a phenomenal offensive coordinator and he truly deserves to be a HC based on historical norms. I truly hope Leftwich does get hired, the NFL is a prime example of a ton of mediocre people getting hired not due to meritocracy

Did you see the looks on Brady’s face on three separate occasions when Leftwich was talking to him yesterday? Priceless.

Did you see the looks on Brady’s face on three separate occasions when Leftwich was talking to him yesterday? Priceless.

Leftwich = best OC in the league, or at least top3, based on the team's performance. And has a ring.

Leftwich = best OC in the league, or at least top3, based on the team's performance. And has a ring.

Wow, a ring. Almost any NFL OC would do better with that talent. The talent is what makes that team. And that’s a long time in the making, nearly a decade.

What in Leftwich‘s coaching makes you think he’s a good OC?

What in Leftwich‘s coaching makes you think he’s a good OC?

Bucs are among league leaders in points per game, total yards, yards per play, almost every offensive metric. Multiple years. Leftwich has been an excellent OC. Got a ring. Top of the HC candidates list.

Bucs are among league leaders in points per game, total yards, yards per play, almost every offensive metric. Multiple years. Leftwich has been an excellent OC. Got a ring. Top of the HC candidates list.

You didn’t answer the question. Again.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. What has he done specifically to warrant such praise? You have told me about TB’s talent laden offense, not about Leftwich’s specific contribution.

You didn’t answer the question. Again.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. What has he done specifically to warrant such praise? You have told me about TB’s talent laden offense, not about Leftwich’s specific contribution.

Nah don't try to put it all on the player. The offensive coordinator is in charge of the offense. Offense has been rolling. Don't try to diminish credit from Leftwich. Bucs offense is one of the best and Leftwich is the OC.

Nah don't try to put it all on the player. The offensive coordinator is in charge of the offense. Offense has been rolling. Don't try to diminish credit from Leftwich. Bucs offense is one of the best and Leftwich is the OC.

Question remains unanswered. Bucs offense has a ton of talent. What does Leftwich do that makes that offense better? I’m not seeing it and you’re not answering my question; you‘re just making declarative statements.

TB stands for Tampa Bay, not Tom Brady, which I should have made clear In my original post.

Question remains unanswered. Bucs offense has a ton of talent. What does Leftwich do that makes that offense better? I’m not seeing it and you’re not answering my question; you‘re just making declarative statements.

TB stands for Tampa Bay, not Tom Brady, which I should have made clear In my original post.
You know you're not getting substance or insight from fruitloop flutie.

Awesome thread btw DKF

You know you're not getting substance or insight from fruitloop flutie.

Awesome thread btw DKF

Hi construction guy, please retweet other people's NFL twitter thoughts some more, like the parrot you are. It saves me 5 seconds. A barometer of unsophisticated sentiment.

It's like listening to a cab driver give stock tips

Last edited:
I think the positive on both is they've adapted to the talent they were given.

BF has certainly adopted a lot of what TB likes into the offense. If he didn't and they kept chucking it like that fool Ariens wanted they never would have won the SB. The ability to read the defense presnap with motion and slow down a pass rush like KC with the short passing game being just two examples.

BD with Allen as his QB has morphed his play calling to be different than any other place he's been. Allen has also developed as a pocket passer beyond where I thought he would ever get. He's never going to get to the Brady or Manning level of reading and manipulating but with his skill set I don't think he has to.

Now does that mean either will be a successful HC? Hell no. We've seen lots of geniuses on both sides of the ball not be able to manage an entire team. It's like going from a department head to a CxO position. That doesn't mean they don't deserve a shot. One of the first signs of if they have what it takes will be turning down one of the perpetually disfunctional franchises, IE Jets, Jags and Lions. I don't think any of the coaches considered top tier could be successful in these hell holes nevermind a first time HC.

For Dabol, I wonder about his relationship with Casario. While I don't think Culley has done a bad job given what he's been handed to work with, Dabol has that Patriots experience coupled with having helped develop Allen.

I think the positive on both is they've adapted to the talent they were given.

BF has certainly adopted a lot of what TB likes into the offense. If he didn't and they kept chucking it like that fool Ariens wanted they never would have won the SB. The ability to read the defense presnap with motion and slow down a pass rush like KC with the short passing game being just two examples.

BD with Allen as his QB has morphed his play calling to be different than any other place he's been. Allen has also developed as a pocket passer beyond where I thought he would ever get. He's never going to get to the Brady or Manning level of reading and manipulating but with his skill set I don't think he has to.

Now does that mean either will be a successful HC? Hell no. We've seen lots of geniuses on both sides of the ball not be able to manage an entire team. It's like going from a department head to a CxO position. That doesn't mean they don't deserve a shot. One of the first signs of if they have what it takes will be turning down one of the perpetually disfunctional franchises, IE Jets, Jags and Lions. I don't think any of the coaches considered top tier could be successful in these hell holes nevermind a first time HC.

For Dabol, I wonder about his relationship with Casario. While I don't think Culley has done a bad job given what he's been handed to work with, Dabol has that Patriots experience coupled with having helped develop Allen.

Great post.

Daboll to Houston makes a lot of sense. I mean, Daboll to NE makes a lot of sense too if BB decides to hang it up.... I'm also watching O'Shea or O'Brien as in the wings if we need to fill the oc role.

I just don't know why any more Pats coaches would go work for that chaplain Easterby, he seems extremely toxic and doesn't know football.

Last edited:
DKF thought Mac was an absolute superstar. Waddle was a bust. Wanted Josh gone and thought Leftwich was HC material.

I can only imagine how many boards he's terrorizing if he's not locked up.

DKF thought Mac was an absolute superstar. Waddle was a bust. Wanted Josh gone and thought Leftwich was HC material.

I can only imagine how many boards he's terrorizing if he's not locked up.
Lol I saw the thread title and was like WTF but then saw the date it was posted.

Leftwich is probably the worst OC in the game. He makes Patricia and Canada look like Shanahan

Someone tell Leftwich about play action on first down all the kids are doing it. Guy is a joke even playing with Brady and under Arians for a few years he is clueless.

I posted this thread directly in the nfl forum in the first place, on monday... ??????

unless you are responding to and parroting a lame forum report, from thin-skinned crybaby construction guys, which is not legitimate (wouldn't be the first time)
DKF you back?? You were the reason why I come to this place. :)

DKF you back?? You were the reason why I come to this place. :)
DKF was passionately so wrong on Mac, Waddle, Josh, Leftwich etc here but had so much conviction. Like convinced he was right lol.

I really don't mind him as long as he's not hijacking thread. Unfortunately that's all he knew how to do. I imagine he's on 3 different Raider boards switching states so the feds don't pinch him for hiding in McDaniels bushes.

What a character.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back