PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burkhead returns to practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2007 Belichick complained if you stopped Moss and Weiker, you stopped the Pats Train.

This team is very well rounded and only missing an inside thumper and second TE.

That was 2009 which was true. 2007 an Asante Samuel dropped pick and a lucky ass catch is the only thing that stopped that team.

Great analysis from when Rex Burkhead started practicing after going on IR three weeks ago. Adding Burkhead to the backfield gives Brady the full Swiss Army knife against the Vikings at home.

Burkhead adds a N-S dimension to the running game in addition to his pass catching and blocking skill. Over the summer, we were excited by the possibility of a Michel, White, Burkhead, Develin backfield. Cordarrelle Patterson wasn't even a concept at RB back then. This is the most diverse and interesting running back group that I can recall in the Brady-Belichick era.

Develin has been the unsung hero of this team so far.

The Vikings have a top five rushing defense, so it will be interesting to see how much the Patriots run the ball. I would not be surprised if they attack that defense on the ground with constant changes in combinations of these guys.

Can you imagine what it would be if Hill hadn't gotten rolled up on by Develin in the opener?

@ Dolphins
@ Steelers
Playoffs

These are the only games I need to see Gronk and Rex in

The prospect of them surviving 5 more games (with three-weeks off from Week 16 to Divisonal Playoffs) is a lot more promising than them both lasting 8 more games.

Obviously that is not how things work but I'd sign up for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes