PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Building my Patriots Big Board: Cornerbacks and Safeties

solid value in rounds 3-5.....I like the size of some of these guys

I've come around on Sean Davis a bit even if he winds up not being a corner.....

solid value in rounds 3-5.....I like the size of some of these guys

I've come around on Sean Davis a bit even if he winds up not being a corner.....
I agree. Before I went through this exercise I was pressing to get a Corner with 60 or 61 and while I would prefer one of those earlier guys to fall to the Patriots, all is not lost and there is talent to be had a little later.

Whilst Cyrus Jones and Sean Davis seem like the best fits, I really like the day 3 value at CB if they can pick up a 4th or 5th. I would love Kalan Reed but Ryan Smith, James Bradberry, Taveze Calhoun, Keivarae Russell, DJ White and Frankie Williams would all be excellent day 3 picks that could be development guys.

Edit. How could I have forgotten one of my earliest binkies Kevin Peterson? Probably too undersized for the Pats but I love his tenacity.

Last edited:
One potential day 3 guy worth considering is Auburn's Blake Countess. We worked him out at his pro day, ran a 6.8 3-cone and I keep seeing his name on twitter in a positive light. As a late day 3/UDFA, he's a name worth keeping in mind.

Whilst Cyrus Jones and Sean Davis seem like the best fits, I really like the day 3 value at CB if they can pick up a 4th or 5th. I would love Kalan Reed but Ryan Smith, James Bradberry, Taveze Calhoun, Keivarae Russell, DJ White and Frankie Williams would all be excellent day 3 picks that could be development guys.

Edit. How could I have forgotten one of my earliest binkies Kevin Peterson? Probably too undersized for the Pats but I love his tenacity.
I could not find enough Ryan Smith tape to make a educated assessment of him, but from what I have heard and read, he seems like an intiguing prospect.

I could not find enough Ryan Smith tape to make a educated assessment of him, but from what I have heard and read, he seems like an intiguing prospect.

Neither have I, but writers I trust (Jeremiah, Brugler and others) all like him. DJ thinks he's a 2nd/3rd round pick.

He's a professional Slot CB, no muss no fuss. Draft him in the 6th/7th round and your slot coverage should be pretty much accounted-for.
The question is: Is he the one CB to draft if you can draft only one CB next weekend?

He's a professional Slot CB, no muss no fuss. Draft him in the 6th/7th round and your slot coverage should be pretty much accounted-for.
The question is: Is he the one CB to draft if you can draft only one CB next weekend?

I'd love to say yes, but probably not. I'd be tempted to say Kalan Reed if you were putting me on the spot.

Yep. Now if an Outside CB has already been drafted, and all of our other needs have been addressed
at least once, then I would have no problem taking Peterson with one of our final picks.

I'd love to say yes, but probably not. I'd be tempted to say Kalan Reed if you were putting me on the spot.
Belichick has already indicated the need of competition for Coleman at slot by signing Biggers. Is it possible that a 6th rounder could provide solid competition to Coleman or Biggers? I would think so.

Belichick has already indicated the need of competition for Coleman at slot by signing Biggers. Is it possible that a 6th rounder could provide solid competition to Coleman or Biggers? I would think so.

I like Coleman and I think he has a good chance on winning the starting NB slot next year unless Logan Ryan moves back inside because Roberts/rookie is starting on the outside. I like our starters at CB but agree that depth and future players are needed at the position.. I don't feel a desperate need to reach at the position. Having said that, I could live with Davis on day 2 because of his upside. But aside from Davis, and maybe Cyrus in round 3, I'm fine with waiting to day 3 for a CB.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back