PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo 12/26/10 - One Hoser's Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great reports fellas sounds like you had a great time.All interesting reads
I think I'll try to make a trip out there next year.

It says alot about the way my mind works that, as interesting as it was, the one thing I'll remember from this thread is "munching some grindage" :D

Excellent recaps from the game, thanks!
I love that some stupid fan throws a snowball at The Brady and he just ignores it. So cool, even when stupidity is involved. Love Branch for going into protection mode. Imagine if the lineman saw that...that would have been interesting...

Excellent recaps from the game, thanks!
I love that some stupid fan throws a snowball at The Brady and he just ignores it. So cool, even when stupidity is involved. Love Branch for going into protection mode. Imagine if the lineman saw that...that would have been interesting...

Why would he? Brady's glory would melt it upon contact. :)

Last edited:
Wonderful thread and excellent reports! These are the sorts of things I love to read, especially about stadiums I haven't been to.

Thanks for taking the time to write these down. It makes everything so much more enjoyable to read these and get that "I was there" storyline. :rocker:

I was out there too. A great day for ball. A little chili, but not to bad. You gave a very good account. Bills fans were unusually quiet today (as far as giving me crap in my Patriots gear).

I was in awe of the number of Patriots fans at this game. I'd say close to 1 in 5-6 in my area. Still a fair number of fans in the 4th too (all Patriots fans). A lot of folks trucked in for this one.

Gronk was a machine. Another machine out there was Mayo. He was bringing heat yesterday and was ALL over the field.

A great game.

Thanks for the reports. Sounds too cold for me ! Still well done and drive carefully . Great win to clinch Div. and no. 1. Seed.

Good call on Red Robin's. I love their burgers and shakes.

If Branch was after me I'd probably run too. A lot of fans who have never seen some of these supposed smaller guys up close would probably change their minds in a hurry about their perception. As a kid I would think CB and WR's were small dudes until I was looking at Law,and Patten at a mall one day. I must say though, one time I saw Jerry Rice on the field level and I couldn't believe how skinny the goat was.

Thanks for the stadium reports. The last time I was at Orchard Park was for a Dead show in the early 90s. Met a lot of cool locals while tailgating. The parking lot scene was very relaxed.

Really enjoyable reports, fun to read. Glad when Patsfans do it, particularly after an away game.

Nice report, I enjoyed reading it. I've never been to a game myself, but I can imagine it's a lot different feeling than one would expect.

If you ever go to Buffalo and are heading back east, do not go on Route 217. We banged a right out of the parking lot and drove up Route 20 to where it meets with I-90 east of the city....and avoided a lot of traffic and backups. Surprised more local fans did not do this.

20% of the season ticket holders are from Canada, another 10% from Rochester, and most just live West of Orchard Park, so it's counterproductive to head East toward the highway.

I think I know the route you took, up 20 to Transit onto I-90. There's actually a really fast way to the Stadium that many take.

Drive down 219, avoid I-90, take the exit AFTER the stadium exit (after Milestrip Rd/Southwestern Boulevard/Route 20) and take the next exit (Big Tree Road/Route 20A), Easy in, easy out, lots of homes parking your car for $10, and the walk is only 10 minutes to the stadium. The north side of the stadium is always a clusterfrig when it comes to traffic. Everyone is getting off 219 at the Route 20 Milestrip exit while they could skip it and just go one down and experience relatively little traffic.

20% of the season ticket holders are from Canada, another 10% from Rochester, and most just live West of Orchard Park, so it's counterproductive to head East toward the highway.

I think I know the route you took, up 20 to Transit onto I-90. There's actually a really fast way to the Stadium that many take.

Drive down 219, avoid I-90, take the exit AFTER the stadium exit (after Milestrip Rd/Southwestern Boulevard/Route 20) and take the next exit (Big Tree Road/Route 20A), Easy in, easy out, lots of homes parking your car for $10, and the walk is only 10 minutes to the stadium. The north side of the stadium is always a clusterfrig when it comes to traffic. Everyone is getting off 219 at the Route 20 Milestrip exit while they could skip it and just go one down and experience relatively little traffic.

We came in and had no problems via I-90/219 (we also got there at 8am), stopped in the Target right off the highway before we headed over to the stadium. And yeah, that's the way we went...up 20, to Transit, to I-90. Lot of lights, but worked great...stopped in the Wendy's there and they asked us if we were "Brady's Brigade..."

Thanks for the tips...we are definitely going back next year.

Thanks for the stadium reports. The last time I was at Orchard Park was for a Dead show in the early 90s. Met a lot of cool locals while tailgating. The parking lot scene was very relaxed.

I'll bet..... probably be able to make a killing there selling chips and brownies. :D

Very good report

Just joined this site. Excellent stories...thanks.

Good stuff. I love the Branch and Fletcher stories. Sounds like you had a great experience at your first game.

Great read and great stories.....

Sounds like a great time by all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back