Bryan Stork SUPERSTAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Easily the MVP of the game yesterday.

Does anyone realize what this guy did yesterday??????

In his FIRST action of the season, he starts out playing a different position than what he played last year - - Guard.

Then when Vollmer goes down, he takes over at Right Tackle.

The man has played Center, Guard and Tackle - - the two new ones yesterday.....in his first NFL action since February 2015.

......and Brady was not sacked once and our running game (ex of 2 QB kneel downs) mauled the opposition for 159yds on 35 carries (4.54 avg).

INCREDIBLE.

Hear, hear!

And a second round of cheers to Cam Fleming, who had never played left tackle, ever. Not even in high school. (The flip from right side to left is often underestimated -- many say it's a bigger adjustment than tackle vs. guard.)

I took that for granted, as remarkable as this is, we are conditioned that this can just happen.. most of the time seamlessly.

"Do your job", cubed

There's a hockey movie called Goon, a comedy about fighters in pro hockey. When the older fighter is talking about the young, up and coming kid, he says, "He's got it. The stuff. The grit. He's got it." It's that intangible element of toughness (mental and physical) that separates guys like Stork from the usual cut. Mankins had it too. Stork's got the grit.

Easily the MVP of the game yesterday.

Does anyone realize what this guy did yesterday??????

In his FIRST action of the season, he starts out playing a different position than what he played last year - - Guard.

Then when Vollmer goes down, he takes over at Right Tackle.

The man has played Center, Guard and Tackle - - the two new ones yesterday.....in his first NFL action since February 2015.

......and Brady was not sacked once and our running game (ex of 2 QB kneel downs) mauled the opposition for 159yds on 35 carries (4.54 avg).

INCREDIBLE.

The Stork is a freaking gamer. Just go out and put a hat on someone....

Your title is killing me. Now I have this is my head.

What impressed me about the OL was that even though Brady was letting the ball go quickly and they were losing some battles, they managed to hold up and give Brady plenty of time when he needed it. Lynch remarked on that a few times.

What impressed me about the OL was that even though Brady was letting the ball go quickly and they were losing some battles, they managed to hold up and give Brady plenty of time when he needed it. Lynch remarked on that a few times.
One play when Lynch was talking about the quick release Brady had the luxury of 4 seconds and Lynch remarked on it being unusual that Brady had that much time.

It is remarkable that in his first game back Stork had such a huge impact and was able to do what he did. He really didn't have much of a chance to ease back into the game.

Our best OL the rest of the way:

Vollmer - Kline - Andrews - Mason - Stork

He's terrific, and it illustrates that while Andrews did a yeoman's job holding down the fort, Stork helps bring the line to another level.

Aside from getting through the game - which was an accomplishment by itself - Rich Hill rewatched the game and thought they actually played well :

I watched the second half of the game with a full focus on Fleming and Stork to see how they did, how the Patriots managed to cover their obvious weaknesses of never having played these positions, and what New England will have to fix moving forward.
Turns out, they both did a pretty good job. Actually, I'd say that they played well for a regular unit, never mind a 4th string offensive line.

Film Review Next Man Up: Patriots Linemen Cameron Fleming and Bryan Stork Thrive at Tackle against Washington

I think it's easy to overestimate the difficulty of playing at a high level on the O line. It's pretty clear all you need to do is get out there and get your hands on your guy to slow him down a bit and it's done. We had a TE playing tackle too and he did fine. I'm not sure I gather what all this fuss is about.

;)

No left tackle? No RIGHT tackle? Hmmm... this looks like a job for...

beard_superman_by_ttobbacco-d86tkcg.jpg

...SuperStork! ;)

Honestly shouldn't "Guge" be in the conversation as Coach of the year? I mean, you can give the reward to BB or Josh, but why not give to the horse instead of the riders?
For a guy who some (including me) were questioning at the beginning of last season as maybe in over his head I have to say it is stunning how he has been able to Mcgiver a functioning O line. Superb job.

It's that intangible element of toughness (mental and physical) that separates guys like Stork from the usual cut. Mankins had it too. Stork's got the grit.

IMO, Stork and Andrews are cut from the same cloth: tough, smart guys who LOVE football. The thing is, Stork is cut from a much bigger piece of that cloth.

Our best OL the rest of the way:

Vollmer - Kline - Andrews - Mason - Stork

I respectfully disagree.

If I had a my magic wand and pixie dust.....

LT- Vollmer
LG- Mason
C- Stork (but very comfortable with Andrews there. Just think Stork brings more to the running game)
RG- Jackson
RT- Cannon

A G gets hurt you slide Stork/Kline to the G slot
A T gets hurt you have Fleming/Stork or worst case Williams.

I respectfully disagree.

LT- Vollmer
LG- Mason
C- Stork (but very comfortable with Andrews there. Just think Stork brings more to the running game)
RG- Jackson
RT- Cannon

There are a lot of moving pieces inside, but I'd lean toward:

LT- Vollmer
LG- Klein
C- Stork
RG- Mason
RT- Cannon

IMO Kline has quietly become a solid starting OG, and has played both very consistently and very well. And a right side of Cannon and Jackson is massive but incredibly slow-footed.

I respectfully disagree.

LT- Vollmer
LG- Mason
RG- Jackson
RT- Cannon

I think the bottom line is, if all of the OL that aren't already on IR come back healthy, we have plenty of options to find the best five. I'm comfortable with our OL depth, assuming everyone is able to return (and there are no other injuries, of course).

There's a hockey movie called Goon, a comedy about fighters in pro hockey. When the older fighter is talking about the young, up and coming kid, he says, "He's got it. The stuff. The grit. He's got it." It's that intangible element of toughness (mental and physical) that separates guys like Stork from the usual cut. Mankins had it too. Stork's got the grit.

I really enjoyed that movie. Not a great film without flaws but very enjoyable. My favorite line was when the snobbish star was trying to bring him down and said "You know they just want you to bleed."
Then Doug said "If they need me to bleed, then I'll bleed for my team."

You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have some players like that you are not going anywhere. I think we have a lot of guys like that and luckily some of them are stars for us too.

There are a lot of moving pieces inside, but I'd lean toward:

LT- Vollmer
LG- Klein
C- Stork
RG- Mason
RT- Cannon

IMO Kline has quietly become a solid starting OG, and has played both very consistently and very well. And a right side of Cannon and Jackson is massive but incredibly slow-footed.

At this point with Stork proven a bit he can get it done for you at other spots and your OL issues as they are moving him back to guard when that has been the only position you have been consistent with all year seems like a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down