PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Playoff Discussion Thread

Rask is a great goalie.
I'd put Tuukka in the Hall of Very Good who benefits from a good system in front of him. He is capable of getting hot and more often than not caves when the pressure is at its greatest.

At the end of the day, he isn't at Billy Smith's level on his best day.

Rask is playing tonight. He’ll win and then choke at home in game 7 as is custom against anyone but the Leafs.
if this goes to game 7, we will win

Rask is playing tonight. He’ll win and then choke at home in game 7 as is custom against anyone but the Leafs.
The B's are not winning a Cup with Tuukka or a less than 100% Tuukka.

This pisses me off.

No one hates Rask. I still root for him, but until he proves me wrong I don't think he can put this team on his back like Tim Thomas did in 2011. I actually love this team, but Bergy is in the twilight of his dominance as a center and really want to see him win another Cup. I would love nothing more than to have Rask prove me wrong.

Thomas was unreal in that Cup run, but he was still one freakish stick save away from going home, and that may have been the greatest save in have ever seen. These games are just to close to place all the blame on the goalie. Rask has played really well in these playoffs, but Monday night was still a disappointment.

Ultimately I still put their overall lack of Cups on the Jacobs, but the Bruins aren’t alone when it comes to not winning it all for long stretches, the Blues had gone a lifetime when they beat the Bruins, and Tampa Bay has been the best team in hockey the playoffs set 5 years with only 1 Cup to show for it.

What bothers me more than rask. Is the team's unwillingness to play the rookie. This is the perfect opportunity to see what the kids got. It's a loser's mentality to not play him because he might fail.

the bigger the moment gets, the smaller rask gets

that's a fact backed up by the data, and he never has a hot streak when we need it most

i'll still root for them to win next 2 and finally another cup, but i wouldn't put money on it

saying that, our defense does some real stupid moves that end up hanging our goalies out to dry way too often

6-6, 2.63, .899 in games when facing elimination.

Fcuk all the Rask haters, he's our goalie and he has the skills, but he can't do it by himself. It's a team sport.
Bull. He gave up 4 goals on 16 shots on Monday. The Bruins outshot the Islanders 44-19 on Monday and scored 4 goals - and lost. It ain't the team that let the goalie down, it's the goalie that let the team down.

The Jacobs learned from the Yawkeys.

Spending money was never a problem for Yawkey, and their tenures here overlapped for only a few years in the early-mid 1970s until his death.

how can people say or even think you can win Lord Stanley's Cup w our heartless, weak kneed Finnish netminder? he is 3-6 in elimination games ...yes, 3-6

rask is 3 and 6 in elimination games. 2 of those were against Toronto, the biggest choking team in the history of sports. and he gave up 4 goals in two of the three he won. When it matters the most. He pukes all over the ice. The bruins will never win a cup with him in goal.

Not according to the scroll on the NHLN...?

I think scoring has been the bigger problem the past few years. The top line usually delivers but the other then three don’t. Re-signing Krecji and Hall could give them the foundation they will need for that going forward, but they will still need a top goalie when all is said and done.
In the Cup Finals against the Blues the top line scored four goals total in seven games. Four!.

Not much you can do when the Leafs, Canadians and Red Wings won like 90% of the Cups before 1970.
That was 50 years ago. I can't believe Orr and Co. only won two, although his knees cut his career kind of short.

In the Cup Finals against the Blues the top line scored four goals total in seven games. Four!.
Of course that series had some pretty dodgy officiating.

Here are the penalty totals by game:

Game BOS STL
1 2 5
2 2 5
3 8 7
4 6 7
5 1 3
6 5 6
7 0 1

Game 5 was an atrocity with St. Louis scoring two goals on uncalled penalties.

Game 7 speaks for itself.

Yep; and both Pasternak & Bergeron have blown goals in this series already; and each of them were in one-goal losses.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back