PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins draft weekend...

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
...got off to a good start with Swedish RW Fabian Lysell being taken at #21 overall...He was considered by many to be a top half of the round prospect... His first year of pro hockey in Sweden didn't go well, but it appears that he wasn't used often, and never in odd-man situations...Dude's got the best hands of any draftee here since Pasternak...Let's hope those skills translate to the NHL as well as Pasta's did...

Really like the Brett Harrison pick at #85 too...

Don't like the Philip Svedeback pick at #117 however...at all. He was eligible for the 2020 draft but wasn't chosen in any round, so he's already a year behind schedule...And I was very surprised & disappointed that Sweeney didn't select a Defenceman here such as the Harvard-bound Jack Bar, who was on many top-100 lists (including some within the top 75), whereas Svedeback wasn't on any of them...or on Any list of ANY kind that I could find, including nowhere among Central Scouting's top-13 Euro Goalies list!
At the very least, Sweeney should've waited until the 6th round for him (and he would've very likely still been available there) and then taken Bar at 117...Terrible, Terrible pick when considering who was still available.

Oskar Jellvik at #149 isn't horrible, but there were two Forward prospects much more highly-regarded by many sources who I wish had been considered: LW Liam Gilmartin & LHC Joshua Roy...

Andre Gasseau's a decent-enough pick at #213...Sweeney's made far, Far worse choices at that spot in past drafts....He certainly has the size...He'll be attending BC in the fall, so we should have a much clearer picture of his potential by this time next year.

Really, Really like the Ty Gallagher pick at #217 to end their draft...He was ranked as high as #53, by Central Scouting (NA skaters), and near the top 100 on a couple of other lists...He'll be attending BU in the fall, same as Matt Grizzle & Charlie Mac did...similar height to Mac but similar weight to Grizzle, so he'll need to shove some more burgers down his throat over the next 3 years...

Overall, this was by far Sweeney's best draft of his tenure; but the standard by which to judge had been set so ****ing low because of the previous 6 absolute ****ing catastrophes that it would not have taken that much to surpass any of the others anyway.

Last edited:
I like the Harrison pick and the defensemen we got late. Time will tell, but i think this was a really good draft!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back